XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎

• Creator
    Topic
  • #120905 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well guys after our second drive in the XC40 on friday it was a no brainer to get one on order and replace the current Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 great years in that car.

So we ordered an XC40 R Design Pro B4P auto.

The colour? …. Fusion Red

The interior? Well, we were really thinking we would add full leather but following a 2 hour test drive on a hot sunny day, we assured ourselves that the half nubuck / half leather interior was fine

And the deal we agreed?

Well, published Q3 AP is £1999 for this model, we settled on a discounted AP of …. £1599.

The order was placed with zero deposit.

We’ll take delivery in October (Q4) and we have agreed that if the published AP in Q4 drops then we’ll pay the lower cost less the £400 discount that we have agreed. But if the published AP rises then our deal is capped at the Q3 published AP less the agreed discount.

The car will also come with £20 of fuel for the road.

So on the whole, we’re very pleased with that deal. It’s not a deal that the dealer is openly advertising, I negotiated this deal on the basis of us being existing customers of the motor group that the dealership is part of.

We’ve had 4 years of excellent service from the group and were keen to continue the relationship, so its encouraging that they brought their A game to the party too, and were keen to keep us as group customers.

Our current Santa Fe is in superb condition and so if we can keep it that way until October then the £700 good condition bonus will reduce our outlay to just £899.

What’s not to like about that 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121369 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

You get any joy on a deal Barry?

#121384 Reply
    BARRY

hi macca,

ive had 2 go back into hospital again for more treatment so im confined to bed in the hospital at the minute,feeling sorry for meself, however i will follow through and ask about a deal as and when i can. as soon as i do i will let u know ok

thank you

#121385 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Sorry to hear that fella.

We were in a similar position earlier in the year where health issues just had to take first place for a while.

Be well man, you’ll get there ✊

#121392 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Hi there Barry.
    So sorry to hear that you’re back in hospital. Best wishes to you and hoping it’s a short and successful stay.
    You’ll be back in the saddle soon and hunting for the deal of the century. 🤞🤞
    Take care matey boy. 😁

I hope you can open the following link and that it gives you a chuckle 🤭

Once it’s playing, be sure to click on the sound icon to hear it

I've been laughing at this for 3 days straight…

Posted by Maunda Williams on Wednesday, 27 January 2016

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#122054 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

This extended test drive facility may be of use to some folks ….

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/cars/new-models/xc40/test-drive?redirect=true

#122059 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

A 4 day test drive facility, who wouldn’t appreciate that eh?

#122068 Reply
    Brian

My test car just went back today. A Volvo driver dropped it off last Friday morning and came back for it this afternoon (Monday), all I paid was the petrol I used. Car was an R Design Pro T4 AWD automatic in white with every option fitted. Only 8000 miles on the clock, looked like it had just come out of the showroom. Definitely ordering one now 🙂

#122071 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Volvo have definitely made a good call on putting that facility in place

#122072 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

That’s brilliant. 👏👏

Let us know how you get on with what spec, colour, etc you go for.

#122074 Reply
    eleanorsvoice
    Participant

Macca… you smashed the ball out of the park there! Congrats!

I’m currently shopping for a replacement for our Audi Q3 which we’ve now been in for well over the 3 year period because of shielding and lockdown. The XC40 popped up in my sights and I’m now torn between the luxury of the XC40 (with a few extras) and the Sportage (for cost effectiveness), and I’m not really sure they compare to be honest, the Sportage is packed full of extras but it comes across cheap feeling! I’ve test driven the following…

• Toyota – RAV4 (before lockdown and before Motability removed the AWD option)
    • Kia – SPORTAGE ESTATE 1.6T GDI GT-LINE S 5DR DCT AUTO [AWD]
    • Volvo – XC40 ESTATE 2.0 B4P INSCRIPTION 5DR AWD AUTO
    • Honda – CR-V ESTATE 2.0 I-MMD HYBRID SR 5DR ECVT

I cannot however get any kind of deal, our local Volvo dealer won’t budge on anything aside from a full tank of fuel (currently), which to be honest is a pitiful offering compared to what you have managed to get! I’ve mentioned the Motability Good Condition Bonus too as our Audi Q3 is in pretty good condition and might qualify. They are a different dealer group than the Audi, the Audi was from Sytner and their nearest Volvo dealer is miles from us, perhaps I should drop them an email to see if I can pull off the same as you did?

Our 9 year old daughter is blind due to a Brain Tumour (diagnosed just before she was 4). The Audi Q3 was our first foray in the world of Motability and we threw a few extras at it to make it what we wanted at the time – with no discounts, we felt the sting afterwards. I would consider this for the XC40, to bring the features in line with the Sportage but it does push the price up somewhat!

Can I have some of your magic please?

Tim.

Please feel free to search for #eleanorsvoice on social media to help us raise awareness and follow our daughter's journey - nothing more!

#122076 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

We have been very happy with how Holdcroft treats its customers hence we were keen to stay with the group if a deal was possible. I’m pleased to say they played the game.

I pointed out that their group supplied our current Santa Fe, have maintained it, it’s got almost 18k on the clock, just sailed through its 2nd MOT, and just had its 4 year service, and they could see it’s in superb condition.

As they get first crack at buying it then theres a tidy profit in that car. We took it from their Chesire Oaks Hyundai dealership, but their Stoke Hyundai dealership is literally just across the road from their Stoke Volvo dealership, and I think they could see the possibilities there. The Stoke dealership is over an hour away from us and I wasn’t shy of pointing out that I’d driven past two Rybrook dealerships to go to Stoke. We also went in on the last day of the month 😉

I would definitely encourage you to contact Synter’s Volvo dealership and make it clear that you are keen to travel and continue a positive relationship if the right deal can be agreed in return for your loyalty.

See how you get on, theres nothing to lose fella. Worst they can say is “no can do”, but if they value loyalty then there just may be a deal to be had.

#122077 Reply
    eleanorsvoice
    Participant

Thanks Macca, thanks for the support… I’ll try to keep this thread updated if you like or I’ll start a new one with my findings! Considering you’ve made your choice already… what did you think of the other cars I test drove, any opinions on those?

Please feel free to search for #eleanorsvoice on social media to help us raise awareness and follow our daughter's journey - nothing more!

#122078 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Interesting you ask, we had a look at the Rav 4, I kinda liked it, but for the tail lights. I did wonder whether the centre console would irritate my left leg over time. Ultimately Mrs Mac didn’t like it so never got it out on the road.

Mrs Mac has the Sportage very much in the ugly box, so that never got going.

We did take a Honda CRV out for a spin, it was a hybrid. Very expensive for what it is. Great for size but just dull for me, no enjoyment factor really.

I would have been interested in a Subaru Forester if they had rejoined the scheme, but as much as Subaru want back on, it just ain’t happened.

#122195 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Hi Eleanorsvoice, you managed to get any kind of deal offered?

#122200 Reply
    eleanorsvoice
    Participant

I haven’t approached Sytner as yet, I plan to drop their Volvo dealer an email in the next couple days. Our Audi was in for servicing today and the dealer commented on what good condition our Audi Q3 was in compared to the other Motability cars they get in, which bodes well for the Good Condition Discount too!

#122814 Reply
    Macca

A guy on an XC40 forum has just taken delivery of an R Design Pro with the B4 engine, and reports that before it’s broken in, and with a heavy foot, he’s getting 36mpg from the off.

Encouraging.

#122818 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Yeah that is good. Good spot @Macca 🤞

Which forum was that?

With such accurate manufacturing, today’s engines don’t need so much running in, as a settling period. Plus running in an engine of today can, in some instances, lead to issues as the ECU learns from the drivers initial inputs.
    That said, glass half full, let’s hope that the MPG creeps up a little. I’ll take that.

#122819 Reply
    Macca

I’m a very laid back driver, and tend to stay in Eco mode, so if I can get that to 40mpg that will do nicely 👍

#122820 Reply
    Macca

It was the Volvo XC40 UK facebook group

#122828 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Ah right. Thanks. I’m on the UK Forum and another one, I think international. I’ll have a look at the Facebook one. 👍
    I’m the same with my driving. I constantly get well over 50mpg out of my X1 and can hit over 60 to one hospital and back which is over 130 miles round trip. So I expect I’ll get as good as the B4 will offer. 😁

#123318 Reply
    Macca

It dawned on me today that all being well we should be picking this little robot up in just 4 weeks. Countdown …..

#123319 Reply
    72 dudes

Exciting times Macca! Not too long now.

#123327 Reply
    TC

Looks lovely I’m feeling extremely jealous especially as I ordered my XC40 B4 back in March and despite me checking with the dealer a couple of times and being told it was on track for September delivery was told last week that someone had made a mistake and the car wasn’t ordered despite haven’t an invoice and several emails to the contrary

was then told by the dealer the good news that if I re-ordered now would be available december unfortunately two weeks earlier I had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and have only months left to live so not really an option for me

I had put lots of effort into choosing the car and watching every video review and reading every forum post had helped me through lockdown and the disappointment of it not arriving and the news I have recently received has left me in an incredibly dark place I do wonder if my order went to a private customer but it’s impossible to prove

sorry for the long and somewhat negative post but it does feel good to get it of my chest 😀

#123330 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Hi TC

So sorry to hear your news, please take care of yourself, laugh, love and enjoy yourself, my mother did that when she was diagnosed, hugs 🤗

#123331 Reply
    Macca

That’s a heavy situation for sure, I hope you can find it within yourself to make the most of every minute.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 102 total)
Reply To: XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎
Your information: