Xc40 picked up today.

• This topic has 211 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #133154 Reply
    Brydo

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133747 Reply
    Ianfca

Hi BionicRusty

Great to see back on this forum. We will be ordering our next car in Q1 and the XC40 is a strong contender. Due to the price rise this Q we are looking more towards the T3 model. The seat issue is a definite concern as my wife and I both have back issues. It is strange that the T3 inscription pro auto is available but the T3 R design pro  auto isn’t. We definitely would require the pro option for the heated seats etc. Did you get to try the seats in both models? Dilemma is that we require supportive seats but heated as well. It is always a worry that the specification of a car that you test drive is not the same as the one that eventually turns up. I will be very interested in what Volvo say about your seats.
    We live in N Wales and would have to use Rybrook in Chester. I would be grateful if you have any tips on what  options to order.

#133750 Reply
    Brydo

130 miles 25.6 MPG

#133760 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

We live in N Wales and would have to use Rybrook in Chester.

There are other options. You have Tyn Lon on Angelsey, or take a jaunt into england. Ours was supplied by Holdcroft at Stoke, excellent service.

#133762 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hi @Ianfca. Thank you. I appreciate that. I hope you are doing well and looking forward to whatever you choose.

I may be dipping in and out and confess, I tried a couple of Facebook groups.  They’re rubbish. Full of trolls.
    It really makes you really  appreciate how well this forum is moderated.
    Well done mods 👏👏👏

The car is fantastic and I’ve tried desperately to ignore this issue but it’s got to go back in. I have a particular set of problems so my advice would be to make sure you spend some time in the spec you want. Don’t worry about what engine it’s got for comfort, just get the same spec. And look around if you have to but order from your local dealer for ease.
    I’m in North Wakes as well so used Chester and was, and I hate to say this here, truly disappointed. There was no handover in the showroom, even though they’d were still doing that, the keys were all but chucked across the desk and I had to dig the car out of their parking lot.
    The ‘sales guy’ eventually came out just as we got fed up and were just manoeuvring the car out to go and spent all of 2-3 minutes with us before leaving us to it.
    I’ll be sure to post here what they say. I won’t leave on the day until I’ve actually shown the issue and got agreement that there’s a problem.

I’m praying it’s a bad batch of the seat pads. It’d make sense as mine was built (all three of them, but that’s another very long story) over the lockdown and I know that there was an issue with the Pro seats around the July/August time.

To be continued……. 😃

Oh the other essential, @Brydo as well, is the Brotech screen protector. The matt finish. It’s fantastic and suits my car based ocd really well.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#133763 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Spot on @Macca. Anglesey was a good choice and will probably service mine.
    Also, from what you’ve said, you’ve definitely got the best choice in dealers.

#133764 Reply
    Ad1

Hi,

I have an inscription pro MY20, which I got in January, and the seats are comfy and well padded. I don’t use the extension, so that might be the issue. Feeling light at just the 18st!

Thanks

#133768 Reply
    Brydo

At just over 13 stone I’m feeling like Kate Moss, but that’s for another thread lol.

#133770 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

I’m sure we’ve all felt like Kate Moss at some point, but even Santa can’t work miracles 😉😆

#133801 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hi @ Ad1. I don’t use the extension either. I’ve read on a few forums that quite a few people have posted that their MY21 Inscription Pros have the same issue so I’m praying that it’s a bad batch and can be fixed.
    Another interesting point I’ve read is that Volvo are now delivering with two keys again so the ‘early MY21’ cars will be the only ones with one key as standard.

Good to see we’re all keeping nice and trim 🤣😂

Damn those mince pies and Christmas cake. 🤣😂

#133817 Reply
    Brydo

Yes two keys supplied with our xc40 one black and one ORANGE, yes bright orange 🍊

#133824 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Sorry Brydo, I excluded the orange Care Key in that. That key is limited and you cannot access driver profiles other than the limited driver 2.
    You’ll have the same as me and ours are now termed by Volvo as an ‘Early MY21’. There’s now also a ‘Late MY21’ and the Volvo website have now reinserted two main keys as standard as well as the Care Key, due to, I assume, the backlash.
    The Motoring Ombudsman is reviewing this now.
    Most manufacturers deal with the ‘Care Key’ or servicing side of things via the infotainment screen.
    It’s no different to buying a tv with 5 channels (remember that?! 😂) but the supplied remote will only access 1.

#133826 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Hello again sooooo, I’ve got one black one orange, when using the orange key, it limits your speed if set, if not just its just a warning message.

can we now get a free black key from Volvo..

#133839 Reply
    John Orr

Hi ,ahh ,the mythical Xc40 ,yes i remember the lovely test drive ,the feeling of yep,this is the one for me ,but of course that was back in the distant days of late Aug ,and alas still waiting on delivery ,waiting by the way with no date even estimated ,we were given 3 dates ,all of which have passed us by ,now the dealer is basically telling us that he has no idea when it’s going to turn up ,ah ,customer service …

By the way the model is Inscription Pro in diamond black and red oxide leather interior .

Am i being unkind or is this the norm ,or maybe the “new ” norm

#133895 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

@ajn. That’s right. But more than that, it means if you use it, all the driver profiles are blanked out and can’t be used. It’s a real pain.
    To answer your question, it’s no, I don’t think so but you could take it up with your dealer and tell them that you’re aware that Volvo have now reverted back to supplying two keys and that you need another.
    They did reduce the cost of an optional key from ~£300 to £78 but even that’s not right. It’s the principle.
    I mean, come on, it should be a given that you get two keys.
    Some are really not bothered about it but both my wife and I use it and have the car set up differently.

@JohnOrr. I feel your pain. My dealer actually said he didn’t like to give a due date as they changed so much! That was on the fourth due date.
    I got a bit miffed and so hounded Volvo themselves and my car appeared. (I’m pretty certain the dealership sold my first car and was about to sell the second but Volvo stepped in). If I’d said nothing, I’d have been 7 months+. Ordered beginning of July and my last due date before I got miffed was mid to late January.
    The thing that got me was that I know that cars were being delivered much faster and in exactly the same spec. Mine is an Inscription Pro with red oxide leather. A B4.
    No, mate. It’s not the norm.

My dealership will not be servicing mine, that’s for sure.

That’s the whinge out of the way 😂 You’ll absolutely love it. It’s a beautiful car.

#133898 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@ajn. That’s right. But more than that, it means if you use it, all the driver profiles are blanked out and can’t be used. It’s a real pain.
    To answer your question, it’s no, I don’t think so but you could take it up with your dealer and tell them that you’re aware that Volvo have now reverted back to supplying two keys and that you need another.
    They did reduce the cost of an optional key from ~£300 to £78 but even that’s not right. It’s the principle.
    I mean, come on, it should be a given that you get two keys.
    Some are really not bothered about it but both my wife and I use it and have the car set up differently.

To bionic rusty..

I asked the question about the keys when ordering, obviously the answer was, NO DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT FROM lol…

Fact is I was right,I’m 6’3” and well my Wife isn’t so yes memory 1&2 gets hammered.

Its totally pathetic how the key thing has been implicated.

Volvo need to grovel to customer’s for forgiveness and contact the cars affected, it’s simply common sense and decency.

Hand the keys over penny pinching bull$#!+

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by ajn. Reason: Spelling
    #133909 Reply
    Shaine

Just in case nobody has realised, you can tilt the seat base electrically as well as lifting up and down for height. You just have to lift the front part of the seat base adjustment button or push it down. Just thought I’d mention it in case that was part of the problem that bionic rusty was having as that will affect where your weight applies pressure to your lower half. I’m sure you know already but others may not?

#133910 Reply
    Shaine

#133915 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Thanks for tha Shaine, any customer service skills, or spare black keys down there…

Only joking, My Wife had slight trouble sorting what you have made very clear. Cheers👍

#133919 Reply
    Brydo

ajn when I open my door those red arrows are already there, they were however an added extra lol.

#133922 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

ajn when I open my door those red arrows are already there, they were however an added extra lol.

Yes Brydo, we would have the same shade arrows for blonde leather, obviously red leather would differ, wonder if it’s the arrows sticking up everyone’s @ r $€  🤔 😂🤣..

#133938 Reply
    Shaine

No worries ajn, took me ages to scrub those arrows off the seat afterwards 🤣

#133939 Reply
    Brydo

ajn I heard the salesman said to you “didn’t you see the arrows” and you replied “arrows! I didn’t even see the Indians”.

The old one’s are the best 😂 at least I hope so as I’ve no new one’s 🤩😂🤞😂

#133942 Reply
    John Orr

Thanks BionicRusty.

I have rang the Volvo “customer service” department ,and they said they could not help ,and to contact the local dealer ,who as already explained is even less help !

You said you contacted Volvo ,who ,what ,where ? any numbers that could point me in the right direction,did try the number i had yesterday ,everybody off until the 4th Jan,

#133950 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hi John, I tried a few different routes but ended up on Volvo chat via their main website. The final answer was basically, ‘We will not provide a second key and if you do not like it, take it up with the Motoring Ombudsman. Which I have.

Link below.

Home

I took my time and gave a full story and closed by stating that it is reasonable to assume that a new car will include two keys, especially given that the car has driver profiles that can only be accessed via the key.
    I’ve had two holding responses from them stating that it’s a case that they are going to review (many are rejected immediately) and given that Volvo have now relented and gone back to providing two keys, it’s a promising  sign. This point will be the first thing I say to the Ombudsman when they make contact.
    I say holding responses as they state that due to the pandemic, they are in backlog.

I’d suggest anyone with the XC40 who finds this an issue to file a complaint via the link above. The more who bring this to the Motoring Ombudsman’s attention, the better.
    If they agree, their decision is binding as they compliment UK law and hopefully will force Volvo to provide owners of MY21 cars with the needed second key.

#134020 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@Brydo,Shaine 🤣

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 211 total)
Reply To: Reply #133909 in Xc40 picked up today.
Your information: