Xc40 picked up today.

• This topic has 211 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 211 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      vinalspin
      Participant

The Michelin Primacy 4 tyres that krap fit put on Motability cars are rubbish, they only fit them because they have a deal with Michelin and the Primacy ones give them the biggest margins especially when they charge Motability top dollar for them!

Brydo

Anything near 40 would be good martinod.

2wd Glos guy, I’m not too concerned at this point it’s still early to be worried.

Glos Guy
          Participant

The Michelin Primacy 4 tyres that krap fit put on Motability cars are rubbish, they only fit them because they have a deal with Michelin and the Primacy ones give them the biggest margins especially when they charge Motability top dollar for them!

Have to say that I’ve never had an issue with Michelin Primacy tyres, but I took our 4WD Tiguan in for two new front tyres a few weeks ago and they replaced like with like. The original front tyres (Hankook) had lasted almost 30k miles and the rear ones are still going strong, so I was happy to have Hankook again.

Glos Guy
            Participant

Anything near 40 would be good martinod. 2wd Glos guy, I’m not too concerned at this point it’s still early to be worried.

Yeah, just enjoy the car. I had a visit from an Uncle who is mid 70’s and he rolled up in a Porsche Macan GTS, the engine and exhaust of which could be heard from the end of the road, even when at idle. Sounded marvellous. He said that a neighbour had said to him “Blimey. What sort of mpg do you get out of that?”. He replied “I don’t know and being 73 I don’t care”. I thought that was a great attitude 😂 BTW, his daughter checked and the answer was 23mpg.

Martinod

Most of the cars are in 20/30 mpg  not great

ajn
                Participant

Mpg

Brydo

Ajn do you drive naked in the car, 24 degrees and seat warmer set at 2 bars, saunalike lol.

Macca

I’m more concerned about Boney M for tunes ! 😲

ajn
                      Participant

Mpg

ajn
                        Participant

🤣😂 meds I feel the cold

Bowly101
                          Participant

Ah the good old A48, a road I know well, or used to anyway! Still full of speed cameras? And 50mpg!? Alright Miss Daisy 😆

ajn
                            Participant

Ah the good old A48, a road I know well, or used to anyway! Still full of speed cameras? And 50mpg!? Alright Miss Daisy 😆

bloody mobile vans usually hiding, 49mph eco mode, 460 miles on clock

Brydo
                              Participant

50 mpg, now thats what im talking about.

Is that a glimpse of Mrs ajn i see on the screen?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Martinod

Ajn 50 mpg is good what are you driving and what speed are you doing

ajn
                                  Participant

Ajn 50 mpg is good what are you driving and what speed are you doing

2 replies up martinod, seems to be all over the place tbh, however I did set out this morning saying to Mrs ajn, let’s get the mpg risen..

ajn
                                    Participant

Me

50 mpg, now thats what im talking about. Is that a glimpse of Mrs ajn i see on the screen?

save your eye strain Brydo lol

Brydo

Cracking photo ajn.

BionicRusty
                                        Participant

No the crystal thingy doesn’t light up but it looks good.

Hi Brydo. I’m glad you got yours in the end. I eventually did as well but it was a real task.
                                          A real long and painful story.

Sit in it again at night and check the crystal shifter. Mine definitely lights up. The interior is fantastic.

Sadly it’s having to go back in as the seat has a real issue. The padding is so thin on my Inscription Pro that I’m sitting on the solid seat base. I’m under 10 stone as well so it definitely shouldn’t be happening.
                                          I’m pretty certain what the response will be but it’s not something I’ll be able to live with. On the plus side, I’ve heard of quite a few with the Inscription Pro over the past two months that have the same issue.

The Glacier Silver is amazing. It pops different colours depending on the light. It’s like I’ve got a chameleon sat on the drive.

Also, the B4 engine is a pleasant surprise. It’s a pretty torquey power plant and feels good and strong.

I hope everyone here is well and had a good Christmas.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Brian

Picked my Crystal White B4P Inscription Pro up on Christmas Eve, crystal shifter definitely lights up on mine.

Brydo

Yes guys it does light up, sorry for the duff info.

ajn
                                              Participant

Anyone know if it changes colour🤔

ajn
                                                Participant

Bionic rusty, I’ve joined a Volvo forum think I spotted that name there too.

Macca

That’s concerning on the Inscription seat. I am a big lad, 19st plus, and the R Design Pro seat is fine, very comfy in fact.

Why on earth would the spec them differently, maybe they think decent support is justified with the stiffer chassis and suspension?

bobscot

I have Inscription with leather seats  and find them very comfy.  i’m around the 19st mark too and have bad hips and back . I wonder if the pro seat with its extension cushions is the cause of problem .

BionicRusty
                                                      Participant

Nooo

I just typed a big post and it just disappeared 😭 😭

I was just about to copy as well in case it happened

Ah well.

Anyway I bought my mudflaps off AliExpress. The same material and a perfect fit. I’ll pay full price if needed but not for for something I can buy that’s identical but without a Volvo stamp.
                                                        I also bought the genuine tray-like, rubber floor mats. I got them from Rybrook on eBay and paid £69. Since I got them, I’ve seen them slightly cheaper again but the prices vary a lot.
                                                        I’d like the genuine boot mat as well but can’t see them at a good price…….yet 😃

@Ajn
                                                        , it is me you’ve seen. I joined the UK forum in the summer. The thread titled ‘what have you just learned about your XC40’ is brilliant.
                                                        I also joined a couple of the Facebook groups but they’re full of trolls so left them.

One poor guy, obviously with a Motability car, was getting some shocking abuse and that was the last straw. Those groups are all but unmoderated and strangely seem to be started by the same guy.

The Crystal shifter light doesn’t change colour but the two tiny LED’s in the ceiling do.

@Macca
                                                        , @bobscot I’m so glad you’re both enjoying yours. Yes, it seems a bit daft. I’m just hoping it’s a bad batch but I doubt the dealer will fix. Imagine the cost to sort it!

I hope everyone else is enjoying their cars, XC40 or not.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 211 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.