Wrote Off Motability Car

• This topic has 31 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by Neil Reid.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #68794 Reply
    Northern Lad

As Topic

My Relative wrote off his Motability car today 6 months old

what happens Next

TIA

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124193 Reply
    Chris

Had my car taken outside my house.

3 weeks later the insurance wrote it off. They sent me back 3/4 of my AP as the car was less than a year old. And then told I’m free to go and get a new car. The service was outstanding!

*only downside, they don’t cover contents, I had a few bits and bobs in there, tallied up to around Β£600)

House insurance wouldn’t cover it because it was on the road outside the house, and not on my drive! I don’t even have a drive. But hay ho.

I only filled it up a few hours before it was taken too πŸ™„

#124195 Reply
    Chris

Mrs callaghan

When my car go stolen it was first week of lockdown.Β  RSA offered me 3 options.

1 a courtesy car

2 a tax when needed up to X amount

3 stop payments towards the car.

I chose option 3 due to lockdown.

#124197 Reply
    simpleman

Many years ago………I had a white van man clip my rear end. RSA sent down a convertible Mercedes Benz sports. I keep it for 2 weeks even tho mine was repaired within a week ! Fantastic service

#124204 Reply
    Chris

2. A taxi not tax 🀣

#124217 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

@Mrs Callaghan

why have you left it so long without ringing RSA or motability to ask what is happening

#140842 Reply
    Neil Reid

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Last night my toyota prius plus went up in flames luckily nobody was hurt. A witness said he seen flames coming from the centre console area what holds the batteries for the hybrid system. Cant fault the insurance so far they have been extremely helpful. But they have told me it could be some time before they get to the bottom of it all. As the fire service said it’s a electrical fault and the car is only 19 months old.</p>

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
Reply To: Wrote Off Motability Car
Your information: