WOW! Blown away on a test drive….

• Creator
    Topic
  • #164365 Reply
    Jacippit
    Participant

Due to a previous role as a disability driving advisor I’ve seen and driven many strange cars with adaptations. From tiller steering, super light steering, every pedal configuration, and just about any handcontrols you care to mention (passive and electronic). But I have never been so amazed and blown away as driving the Kona Electric today! Had it for a 30min unaccompanied test drive with the wife to assess its suitability as her next MB car. She loved the electric driver’s seat on the Ultimate spec as it really helped with transfers and loading her chair. I was amazed by the regenerative braking, smart cruise, lane keep assist, and smoothness! Trusting it to slow down to a dead stop on the smart cruise was both unnerving and awesome! The lack of effort to drive it surprised us both and the wife said I want this forget anything else! Changeover can’t come soon enough!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164372 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

I’m blown away by your post. Its exhilarating to read. Finding the perfect car doesnt often come easy. Congratulations.</p>

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by PraxxtorCruel.
    #164444 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Awesome news, welcome to the world of EV driving.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#164445 Reply
    Jacippit
    Participant

Although changeover 9 months away we have started the ball rolling on getting a charger fitted. As we won’t qualify for a free one from MB we getting a Hypervolt unit installed as it appears to be the best by far. The reason for starting so early is that we need to have our supply unlooped and the main fuse upgraded first by the DNO for our area. The installer of the charger has advised us this can be a slow process so the earlier we ask the better the chance of all the work being done in time.

#164447 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

We were unlooped by Western Power very quickly about 3 weeks from asking very neat too lots of people involved but extremely efficient

#164480 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

Why are you not eligible for a free charger from motability? Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought if you didn’t have some kinda private parking then motability wouldnt approve of a electric car choice as charging it would be difficult I guess?

#164481 Reply
    Jacippit
    Participant

The free charger is only if you qualify for the OLEV grant, which we don’t. However these grants cease in March so will be interesting to see what happens after that.

#164482 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

anyone can order an electric car but you are restricted to public chargers if you dont have somewhere to install a charger.

i am in a council bungalow and whilst i could get a charger fitted on my properties land the problem is theres 30 odd feet of communal grass between me and the road, no offroad parking. i dont think they would approve running 30 odd feet  of cable to the car.

that said they did come round last week measuring up the grassed area and the distance between trees etc, as they are considering putting in parking bays as at times the bin lorries have difficulty getting through at times.

we live in hope. lol

#164485 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Mitch. If they are thinking of putting in parking bays, why not lobby the council to fit charging points in those bays at the same time?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #164445 in WOW! Blown away on a test drive….
Your information: