Will we see the likes of BMW, Volvo and Mercedes return to Motability

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189152 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

With the problems with production, lack of microchips etc, unlikely to ease I wonder when or even if we will see these manufactures ever return to the scheme? Selling to retail is more profitable, so perhaps with much smaller discounts to Fleet customers,  AP´s will be much higher?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189158 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

personnally they wont be missed, as it was their ap’s were out of my range and when the b class came down to what i could afford the way i was treated in the showroom meant i definately wouldnt be going back.

recently the only vehicle of any of them i was interested in was bmw’s i3.

#189160 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

personnally they wont be missed, as it was their ap’s were out of my range and when the b class came down to what i could afford the way i was treated in the showroom meant i definately wouldnt be going back. recently the only vehicle of any of them i was interested in was bmw’s i3.

We had completely the opposite experience Mitch. Less than a year ago we took delivery of a BMW X1 2.0 litre 4WD Auto in high spec X-Line trim (£40k retail). The dealer service was exemplary from start to finish and, with a nice discount they gave us, the AP before extras, was £2,249. Now you can pay more than double that for cars that frankly we wouldn’t even be prepared to sacrifice the £10k benefits for, let alone pay the exorbitant AP’s being asked for them.

To answer fwippers question, I think that the premium brands may reappear on the scheme in a year or so, but I can’t see cars like ours returning any time soon, if at all. I suspect that the best we can hope for would be the small hatchbacks (1 Series etc). I can’t see cars like the 3 Series returning and if the new X1 ever makes it on to the scheme I think it will be the entry level trim and engines only. IMO, we would need to see the scheme return to 2,000+ cars before the sort of cars that we would be interested in start to reappear, given that we ordered when it was last at 2,000 and only two cars were serious contenders for us then. Sadly, I’m not convinced that will happen, hence why we have pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that we will be leaving the scheme when our X1 lease ends.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Will we see the likes of BMW, Volvo and Mercedes return to Motability
Your information: