Will I be penalised on gcb for this

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140865 Reply
    Newbie1892

Hi everyone

I hope everyone is well, can I ask about this good condition bonus will I get penalised for this picture is attached.

thanks for taking the time to respond stay safe everyone.

sorry for the dirt it will be getting a full meguiars treatment this weekend 😊.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140866 Reply
    joss

Hi Newbi1892

No that scratch should not cause any problems regarding your good condition bonus. Light damage and everyday wear and tear is factored in. https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/car/good-condition-bonus/

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/faults-and-damage/

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by joss. Reason: added text

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140867 Reply
    Qwe2

No. I was told by a dealer, you’ll lose GCB from a proper dent, a wee scratch is form of wear and tear.

#140868 Reply
    Newbie1892

Thank you Joss was just panicking a bit as car is due for exchange next Tuesday.

#140871 Reply
    joss

You will be fine newbie👌

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140890 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Nah, not even close.

#140893 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Even small dents and dings won’t stop you getting the GCB but it’s a good idea to report them as they happen. Then there’ll be no surprises when Motability make their decision (which is normally after the dealer puts in a condition report when he does the MOT).  At least that is my experience.

#140896 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My first Golf I caught a stone wall bad scrape down passenger side I reported it to motability and took it to show my VW dealer he said don’t worry it was a lot worse than yours I still got the good condition bonus

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#140898 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Have handed back car with a much worse scrape than that. No problem getting GCB.

#140901 Reply
    Newbie1892

Hi,

when you say you reported it to motability was it the insurance or motability themselves.

I haven’t told anyone about it, but vw dealer took a picture of it when I went to order new car?

do I have to tell motability about it?

#140930 Reply
    joss

It’s up to you really. It would be reported to RSA insurance. I would not worry as the event has long gone.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140939 Reply
    Zak

Hi All, i am also looking for some advise please. My vehicle was originally due back September 2020 however i took on the 6 month extention with the vehicle now due back mid March 2021. A few days ago when i was parked up atthe supermarket car park i returned to my vehicle and noticed someone had hit my front bumper causing the attached damage. Is this something i need to repair? report? or… leave? The GCB has already been recieved/paid back in November 2020 as i recieved this when the vehicle was originally meant to go back. Any advice would really be appreciated.

#140946 Reply
    joss

@Zak

Being as you have already had your GCB I would not worry too much. However. For piece of mind you could ring RSA insurance and just advise them of what has happened. They will guide you with regards what to do if anything.

Do keep us updated

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140954 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

If we reported every time the car was scratched we’d never get off the phone to RSA and most scratches appear days, week or months after some moron has bumped the car parking up or by someone doing a supermarket trolley sweep.😢

As for dirty cars, mines much the same at the moment and really can’t see the point of cleaning while it’s sat on the drive most of its life, but sure she will look as good as new when I give her a Spring clean next months when its a bit warmer.😊

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Will I be penalised on gcb for this
Your information: