Why was I asked if I need 24 hour care as a question for ordering new car?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174487 Reply
    Chris

Was a little bit baffled why I was asked that

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174489 Reply
    Masquerade
    Participant

Could it be a round about way of asking if you want another person on the insurance?

#174490 Reply
    Chris

I have one other person on the insurance

#174491 Reply
    struth
    Participant

was it 24hr personal care or 24 hr car care?

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174492 Reply
    Chris

if I have 24 personal care

#174493 Reply
    Tim

Perhaps to ascertain if you have authority to act on your own or must have somebody else sign a lease etc?

#174495 Reply
    struth
    Participant

maybe as tim says..

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174496 Reply
    Chris

Ah I get you ! Was just a very personal question to be honest

#174497 Reply
    Tim

Yeah I know what you mean 😄

Id lay odds on it being a question of agency. Anything else might be a bit invasive.

#174498 Reply
    Chris

Thanks for getting back to me:)

#174508 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

This issue came up a year or so ago and from memory one of the Mods (Pops I think) reassured everybody that this is part of a standard list of questions provided by Motability that dealers are supposed to run through with customers before accepting an order, so it’s nothing sinister.

In reality, I think that most dealers feel as awkward about asking these questions as we do being asked them, so they probably just tick the relevant boxes without asking the questions. I don’t ever recall my wife being asked any of these questions when we have ordered any of our Motability cars, but as she’s a full time wheelchair user perhaps they feel that it would be particularly insensitive?

#174519 Reply
    Chris

He did explain that it’s not him asking personal questions or the dealer it’s motability but I’ve never been asked before that’s why it shocked me haha he was that comfortable asking me to be honest

#174520 Reply
    Chris

Wasn’t

#174521 Reply
    Chris

and thanks glos for getting back to me 🙂

#174584 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Doubt I would answer regarding my care needs unless they could demonstrate why it is required.

Maybe he was looking for a change of career??!

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#174589 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

This is a question Motability ask.  If you start the ordering process online, it’s one of many question’s.

#174593 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The last time I ordered I did it sat next to the rep (Nick, great guy) and he showed me the list that they are supposed to go through, mostly so I could agree to him just ticking the boxes that he could guess the answers without having to pry or possibly upset customers.

I’m betting most do the same and you maybe got a rep who was unsure and had to ask just in case.

#174605 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I will have to pay attention next time!

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Why was I asked if I need 24 hour care as a question for ordering new car?
Your information: