Why the war on motorists is wrecking the economy.

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by kezo.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188959 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I feel this government is the worst I can remember for a long time.  The pandemic,issues at home and around the world  overshadowed what they were voted in for to get Brexit done, which they was half baked and wasn’t what many of us voted for. Boris with his never ending lies that got him sacked from every previous job he held. Sunak with his and wife’s non dom status and his I’m all right attitude towards the cost of living crisis. Then there’s the gang of puppet ministers who continue t lie for their commander and chief. With their own half baked idea’s of inflicting pain on the country. Patel and her continuous half baked plans to stop migrants coming across the channel. Her latest plan rushed through, rather than closing all the loopholes first. She rather charter a plane send a handful of illegal migrants to Rwanda and the government have the ordasity to harp on about climate change. Shapps and the governments fail to see the fiasco that unfolded with P&O ferries use of agency workers, yet that is their masterplan to stop rail strikes and the list goes on and on. Of course Labour would be no better which makes me ashamed given I was an avid supporter of them long ago.

To bring myself back on topic. I feel it is the governments intention to take the middle class and below off the roads, as many will not beable to afford brand new EV’s. The secondhand market won’t be as lucrative as their fossil fuel counterparts were, due to people being hesitant with the overall condition of the battery along with the cost to replace. The closure of towns and city centres to traffic will have a knock on effect either the total demise of city centres or the public will be forced to use unreliable public transport, in effect forcing them off the road. Soon after 2035 those left with fossil fueled vehicles will se fuel costs rocket more than it is now as supply and demand slows. Leaving those with fossil fueled vehicles forced to sell as they can’t afford to put fuel in (Germany has gone again’st the commission and said it won’t be meeting its targets). This will all pose a threat to the chancellors pot as income from VED or its alternative will be vastly reduced, he/she will have to put a tax burden on the public by other means.

Mods I will not be offended if this does not meet guidelines and needs amending 🤣

#188960 Reply
    POPS

keso, I’m normally wary of political discussion on the forum because of its potential to be divisive, but I have to admit personally that you sum up our current hopeless position fairly accurately. Others might disagree which is fine as long as we don’t fall out over it.

Because government is run by people with party political agendas there is very little hope that decisions on our medium and long term future will be made to benefit society as a whole. Which is a great shame. I can’t see the system changing any time soon.

#188962 Reply
    struth
    Participant

the way the world is going, none of us will see 2035.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#188965 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

keso, I’m normally wary of political discussion on the forum because of its potential to be divisive, but I have to admit personally that you sum up our current hopeless position fairly accurately. Others might disagree which is fine as long as we don’t fall out over it.

Totally agree with your comment POPS, I was hesitant in posting with it being political for 2 reasons as an admin on another forum political discussions aren’t allowed and can course division/arguments which are not what forums are about in my opinion. I would however like to think others will see it as a light hearted rant.

If however it becomes an argumentative commons debate, I have no qualms should you decide to delete the initial part of my post or the post entirely 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Why the war on motorists is wrecking the economy.
Your information: