Why doesn't Motability lease the cars?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Bandit 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85614 Reply
    EVman

Or do they?

I mean why buy when they could take all the risk out by PCPing them themselves? With the risk gone they would not need to overcharge just in case. Just a thought! I appreciate you may have done this to death. šŸ˜

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85616 Reply
    POPS

It’s basic economics.

If you lease from a leaser there are two companies instead of one, having to take an operating profit out of your AP’s and monthly payments.

#85618 Reply
    Dragonfly

No real point of leasing from another company mobility take the risk and profits themselves

#85619 Reply
    JS

It would put the AP’s up by around 30%. The discounts and incentives Motability receive and buying power is one reason they are as competitive and value for money they currently offer.

#85621 Reply
    EVman

Only ask as I’m following what people are saying about that electric MG and people are terrified about depreciation. Saying get it on PCP so MG take the risk.

#85630 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Apart from the reasons given above, who would they lease from? Motability is already the largestĀ fleet operator in Europe and almost twice the size of the next biggest, Lex.

#85685 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

IIRC, I read somewhere once that Motability are actually the biggest fleet lease operative in the UK (or was it EU? Can’t remember).

#85689 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You may have read it here Bandit. See the post above yours!

#85814 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Lol, I remember it was in a magazine or paper Wigwam.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Why doesn't Motability lease the cars?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: