Why do you suffer this treatment?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Khalid 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #82974 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

Oh you won’t get that car it will be too popular, normal people will get first choice!

We are on Motability we only get the stuff they can not shift or is out of date!

Dealer gave me wrong car and won’t do anything about it!

Dealer took a deposit and is now messing me around.

No cars on the scheme that are any good having to extend a further 2 years!

You need to adjust your thinking it is YOUR MONEY and if as it looks Motability is becoming a poor choice you should go elsewhere.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #82995 Reply
    Shaine

You seem to keep missing the point that not everyone is in a position to be able to go elsewhere Shawn. You need to be in employment and have a good credit rating to be able to lease privately or even get a loan to look elsewhere, so for some it’s a like it or lump it scenario. If you manage to save up a few thousand for a second hand car then you are gambling on finding a good one! Am I wrong?

#82996 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

No your right!

Because I have been away from the scheme for so long I am really well off.

Sorry!

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#83000 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Shawn I don’t think there is any mileage in making those who have chosen motability, as a means to having a car, feel bad about themselves or motability.

I agree with most, if not all, of your points but for a lot of people motability is a god send and the last thing they need is someone using virtually every thread to make them feel bad.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#83005 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

Shawn I don’t think there is any mileage in making those who have chosen motability, as a means to having a car, feel bad about themselves or motability. I agree with most, if not all, of your points but for a lot of people motability is a god send and the last thing they need is someone using virtually every thread to make them feel bad.

A few months ago whilst in a conversation with Motability customer services I was told that this is THEIR FORUM!

It will be denied but that thread I saw about your “dream ending” and then the promise of a car sort of makes me think I am stabbing away in the right direction to get an EV with a boot on the scheme for Zero AP.?

East Yorkshire.

#83006 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well said Brydo.

I’d have thought that with all the sh1t we all endure with pain, operations, PIP reviews, etc, that we’d be a little more supportive. Of course have a rant & a rave from time to time (I know I have) but as you quite rightly say, some of us are extremely grateful for Motability taking a real headache from us.

No it’s not perfect but it’s better than nothing.

And I say this as someone who has struggled since birth with disability but still worked in the same company for 35 years in middle management and only succumbed to my disability when pain took away any and all resistance.

We get kicked enough. Let’s not do it to ourselves.

#83009 Reply
    Shaine

Good for you Shawn, I’m pleased you are so well off! Still I don’t understand why you feel the need to come on here and belittle the people who for whatever reason choose to use the scheme and are relatively happy with the choices available? The scheme has been through many changes since I’ve been using from circa 2009, some good some bad and I’m sure it will continue to change over the coming years. There have in the past been some very nice cars available and there will be again I’m sure but please try to keep in mind we all have opinions and they may not match yours.

#83010 Reply
    Paul

well my disabilty has been from birth so i have never worked.Therefore finance loans are not possible due to poor credit scores as most know ,finance usually depends on employment and wage take home pay.So for me motorbility is a god send.

#83014 Reply
    Winston

Can’t think of anyone who suffers being on the scheme? It’s not forced on anyone and personally withoute it, I’m up shit Street ( fact )

The only thing I’m suffering with is when I log on and see negative and pathetic posts like this, there has def been an noticeable increase in this type of content lately

Perhaps we could create a thread or little corner for all the divas, know it alls, kill joys and fabulously wealthy folks to sit together and continue to talk out their arses

While the rest of us can get on with our lives that are hard enough, appreciate the cars we have chosen, take the scheme for what it is and find a bit of escapism and comaradi on this forum which it’s always been great for

#83015 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

@winston

You have just had to travel 250 miles to get however many hundreds of pounds off your car!

Those hundreds you have saved would have been trousered by your nearest dealership.

Good deal? no you had to travel 250 miles to get a better one!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Shawn Shawn.

East Yorkshire.

#83018 Reply
    JS

Shawn I will confirm again this Forum is Not Motability’s own Forum, for a while they did open up a Facebook page but swiftly shut that probably due to Rants they either didn’t understand or could not answer,

here at WMCForum none of us work for or have ever worked for Motability, our intentions are to help and inform like minded people in thier difficult choice in a search for a suitable vehichle, ourselves and the mayoralty of our users try hard to help where we can, if it’s your intention to get Motability attention then the Forum is not the place for that and your time better spent finding a suitable place to air your grievances, I’m sure you have more knowledge and informative things to add rather than wasting your time and making the Forum a less informative place to be, especially when the very people you are trying to reach out too are not listening/looking.

With over a thousand visitors a day to the Forum I’m not to sure some of your views are helpful to most, please bare this in mind with future threads, and I look forward to your more informative input, but remember We Are Not Motability.

#83019 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

Explain how this happened then? Everyone thoroughly read this and you will see!

My dream is over.

East Yorkshire.

#83020 Reply
    JS

Shawn all that shows and proves is that WMCForum himself is a very keen car lover and through his varying research in order to be able to maintain the Homepage he has over the years been able to keep his finger on the button.

http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/

No conspiracy just research and asking the right questions and a lot of hard work on his part,

FACT.

#83021 Reply
    Winston

@shawn

I really don’t get you?

I didn’t have to do anything, there was absolutely no pressure on me to go there , I CHOSE to travel to Hull ( twice actually )

I got offered a fantastic deal, a deal no other dealer would even come close to matching! the exact details are between me and my dealer but believe me it was certainly worth it, and secondly I actually enjoyed both road trips to Hull, I really don’t have a lot going on in my life so it was good to push myself passed my normal boundaries

That’s no different to anyone shopping around for any high value item, whether it’s a vintage guitar, jacuzzi, rare antique or pedigree dog

Don’t give people a hard time for doing what they want, what difference does it make to you? Zilch that’s how much

Motability didn’t force me into anything, I decided that I wanted to do it, it was worth the effort and I would do it again in a heartbeat and I’d recommend the same course of action to anyone

All positive

I’d concentrate on your own struggles and mind my own business if I were you

#83022 Reply
    JS

Winston!

Now I have it in mind you and the dog in a jacuzzi playing the guitar whist admiring some antique. Sounds like you’ve been around to Pops. Lol

#83023 Reply
    Winston

You been spying again JS? or perhaps bought a new drone on Amazon Prime Day ??

Substitute the jacuzzi for a plastic basin, the antique for my auld alky upstairs neighbour, the guitar for a set of spoons and you’re on the money ?

And the dog is currently acting like a scarf round my neck while I rub his tummy ?

#83026 Reply
    Winston

Speaking of amazon, I’m quite happy with these Ramps I bought that I put in my disabled parking space

They look like they are made from iron, but Infact a high density pvc/rubber, they can take a few hundred tonnes ( so I just make it lol )

They lock in place so are nice and secure

The reason I bought them was to protect my alloys, the kerbs outside my house are absolutely murder, just the right height for ruining your alloys

My street is so narrow and on a curve so practically everyone on my side has done their alloys on as you are scared to stick out too far onto the opposite side

These  come in packs of 2 and work a treat and well worth the 180 bucks they cost

#83027 Reply
    Mikey

I have been with motability since 1992 and now on my 10th vehicle through the scheme.Motability is now so far improved to how it was back then it really beggars belief.I can confidently say that if it were not for motability I would have popped my clogs years ago through being confined to home and not having the wherewithal to obtain a vehicle anywhere else.Credit where credits due as they say.

#83031 Reply
    RichieP

I’m just glad my disability doesn’t dictate i need an EV!  More than happy with Motability since 1993!

#83039 Reply
    Donkey Oatie

Good to Know that Shawn has been away from the scheme for years but still has to take a two year extension because there are no suitable cars on the scheme!!!!

also £2000 depreciation running his own car for 20 years

Do I smell Troll???

#83048 Reply
    Jinkyjim

I got my first mobility car in 1987..and have had, 11 cars on motability,

I have only got praise for the scheme,

in 1987 say to an insurance company, you were disabled  and they didn’t want to know you.

all I can say is thanks MOTABILITY.

#83055 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Same here. Been on the scheme since 1993 and from my own personal experiences over all that time – I cannot praise Motability highly enough. They have been fantastic on the handful of times I have ever had to phone them – and as for the driving side of things – I am just very grateful indeed that there IS a scheme that allows me to drive a reliable, suitable car which, in turn, gives me my freedom. As others have said; without Motability, I would be up sh*t creek without a paddle as I do not have the financial means with which to purchase a car anywhere near the condition/standard that the Motability scheme allows.

No disrespect Shawn – honest – but I think the (fairly) recent adverse media revelations concerning Motability’s cash reserves are clouding your judgement a little & causing a touch of bitterness/resentment?

#83058 Reply
    Shaine

Unfortunately there seems to be a rise in people who post solely to get a reaction lately. Maybe if we ignore the trolls they’ll go away?

#83059 Reply
    Footloose

Shawn

Is there a PCP forum you can go on and once you find your being sh.fted by the payments and service on your jaguar f type then come back to us mate ?

#83150 Reply
    Peter

Shawn is an internet Troll no more no less.

He likes to start quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as Mobility Car Forum ) with the intent of provoking posters into displaying emotional responses and normalising tangential discussion, whether for Shawn the troll’s amusement or a specific gain.

Social media is awash with troll like minded people who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families.

The advice to ignore rather than engage with a troll is sometimes phrased as “Please do not feed the trolls.”

So the message is loud and clear  “Please do not feed Shawn The Troll.”

#83151 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

All the above is true, the threads I have just had deleted are again true.

Every phrase listed at the top someone else on here has said.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Shawn Shawn.

East Yorkshire.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Why do you suffer this treatment?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: