Why do some cars look better in certain colours

• Creator
    Topic
  • #83894 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

IMO some cars look so much better in certain colours.

Take the VW tiguan – Its got be White.

Mazda CX5 – its got to be red

Skoda Kodiak – its got to be blue, this one is the RS but it looks great.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #83897 Reply
    Stuart Bush

I agree, personally i dont like black as i think it swallows all the features of the body work on most cars.

#83899 Reply
    Macca

For me, black only ever looks good in one place …. the showroom where its clean.

Other than that its entirely subjective, we all like different things.

I often wonder why anyone would buy a brown car, but plenty do.

#83901 Reply
    POPS

I’ve had a couple of metallic black cars and they were never hard to keep clean. Surprisingly neither was my white one.

#83902 Reply
    joss

I chose white for my BMW X2. Mineral white metallic to be exact. It looks white until a white car parks next to it. Then it morphs into a pearlesent silver white. It looks very nice i have to say and a little different from the norm.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#83904 Reply
    Macca

Had a black Capri, and a black XR2i, …… no more for me thanks even though i did see a mint spotless Tiguan R Line recently in black and it did look the muts.

#83919 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

I guess at a basic level colour and shape are very interlinked. Colour certainly does make one car seem much nicer than the same car though.

#83922 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

jeep renegadejeep

one of these may be my next car lol

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by mitch.
    #83924 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Mitch you obviously like to be seen lol

#83926 Reply
    72 Dudes

Mitch: What, not the awful bright green? (or Liquidised Kermit, as I call it)

#83936 Reply
    callmejohn

I know that I am colored blind, but I see an Orange Jeep and a Yellow Jeep, please let me know if I am wrong.

#83941 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

72 dudes there isnt a green on the jeep but the kona has this beauty lol.

kona

#83946 Reply
    Philjb

I picked metalic grey as it looks modern, blends in with the plastic trim lots of suv’s have these days?

Also it looks clean even when it’s not. White or back would have driven me made as they look dirty so quickly and these days washing cars is out of the question for me and a lot of other disabled people.

I used to enjoy getting the jet wash out on a weekend. Now I have to take it somewhere to have it washed. A big expense when you’re not working.

Colour is just down to personal choice, I don’t like silver cars, never have, i think white makes a lot of bigger cars look like vans.

#83947 Reply
    Donkey Oatie

Most Beemers look good in Black, Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra suit black. golf.. white or black.

there are hardly any pure red cars out there now I used to have a red RX7 mk2 looked great in plain red

#83948 Reply
    Mark Strugnell

We have had the orange jeep for the past 3 years.we absolutely love it.It’s a real head turner.

We need something larger now so will be picking up a copper/brown Peugeot rifter next week 7 seater.

#83956 Reply
    Georgie

When I went window shopping for my first car back in 2012 the first Vauxhall GTC I saw was bright yellow and it looked AWESOME.  (yeah, I know – it’s just a Vauxhall, but still . . . )

Having only just passed my test I realised I didn’t want a ‘Look at me!’ car, so I got mine in black (Sport).  Three years later I got a second one in dark green (SRi).  Both nice, reliable, comfy cars.

Third time around I was in the market for a bolder colour, but . . .  Seriously, VW?   Black, white, red, dark blue and four kinds of grey.

#83957 Reply
    Georgie

P.S. – especially after their stunning ‘Viper’ green Scirocco.

#83971 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Absolutely agree

Tiguan in white is awesome. White tends to give cars the appearance of being larger. Dark colours smaller.

There’s a lot of great colours out there.

The Ford chrome blue, Peugeot’s ultimate red (I think it’s called) are gorgeous.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#83981 Reply
    Alan Young

I agree with Brydo regarding the Mazda CX-5.

‘When I was ordering mine, my one concern was that it was such a popular colour. My dealer said that about 80% of his orders were Soul Red. However, when I compared it to other colours in the showroom, it was so outstanding I couldn’t resist.

The good thing is that Mazdas are not that numerous on the road.

#83994 Reply
    SaintsMan

We need more British Racing Green or at least a darker metallic green as an option for more cars, not just Mini’s.

I do like the sunset orange on the X1 but not on the active/grand tourer, so as Brydo says some cars look good in some colours.

#83996 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

We had a metallic dark green on a Vauxhall insignia, it looked black from some angles but when the sun shone on it, it looked great.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Why do some cars look better in certain colours
Your information: