Why are we overcharged for items sent to North East Scotland

• Creator
    Topic
  • #47421 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Everyone

Today I tried to order a Doro smartphone from an online company (More Computers) that stated on their website with 5 working days delivery is free. Not so to North East Scotland, whilst on the order page a delivery menu is given, for example, next day delivery, at a certain price, two day delivery another price, collection from store in Sheffield free and five day delivery free, so I chose the latter, when on the next page it asked for my post code, which I entered (AB56 1FN) then a little box appeared that stated that delivery to this area was £14.95 and I must tick the box to agree it, NO WAY, I thought and called the customer service number on the website to complain.

It transpires that a number of companies use a central warehouse that has a contract with a courier company and they are the ones that fix that price to wherever the item is going, so it could be more than one online company selling the same item, but the courier company is the one overcharging on delivery charges.

What this guy did for me was to have the item sent to their shop in Sheffield (as in collection from store free), and as I paid through Paypal he could see our address on the order, he will send it out via Royal Mail free of charge, it may take an extra day or so but at least, we are not going to be ripped off by a courier company that thinks it has a right to rip off customers.

I wouldn’t mind if we were in Highlands and Islands, but we are not we are mainland UK in Aberdeenshire, right on the Moray Firth.

lightbodyae55

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #47437 Reply
    Brydo

lightbodyae55 dont know about the postage thing but it sounds like a beautiful place to live, and now that i have your post code i`ll be up at the weekend for some of that wine you make lol.

#47440 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Brydo

Plenty of wine in the cupboard you are quite welcome to pop in for some!!

lightbodyae55

#47463 Reply
    Trev

looks a lovely place lightbodyae55,

And with a chippy and chinese takeaway so near, you are lucky lol

#47465 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Trev

The chippy shut down a few months ago, dispute with the shop owners, who wanted to put the rent up sky high, so he said “stuff it” bought a van and now does mobile chippy.

The Chinese is c**p so we have to go uptown if we want one, but I find making my own is much better for us less fat and sugar!

lightbodyae55

#47470 Reply
    Trev

We have nothing but home-cooked food here, perhaps the occasional meal out once every 2-3 months, no takeaways here which is a good thing.

How is your wife feeling today lightbodyae55?

Talking about the cpap the other day made me realise i had lost weight, so should try lowering the pressure on mine. Turned it down from 12 – 10 last night and slept with no problems – will give it a week and if ok will go down -1 till i find the right one….. wouldn’t have thought of it unless you had posted, so thank you so much.

#47472 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Trev

No takeaways for us either, too much fat or sugar.

My wife has just woke up from 3 hours sleep this afternoon, so maybe the new meds are working hopefully.

lightbodyae55

#47483 Reply
    Trev

let’s hope so.

#48435 Reply
    Brydo

‘Misleading’ delivery claims banned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43725591

#48445 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Brydo

Yes I saw that in the news yesterday, the MSP that is campaigning for it is our local MSP Richard Lochead from Elgin Moray.

Lets hope that these companies now abide by the new rules, but I doubt it, I reckon they will start to charge everyone, rather than being selective in who they charge.

lightbodyae55

#48964 Reply
    Brydo

lightbodyae55 just copied this from Groupon!

#49036 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi Brydo

Yep about right AB postcode in the red nothing unusual there then!!

However I understand that these companies have till the end of May to comply with the new rules, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

lightbodyae55

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Why are we overcharged for items sent to North East Scotland
Your information: