Why all this bickering and tit for tat………………..REALLY!!!!!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #170756 Reply
    sean1969
    Participant

I have been monitoring this forum for a few years now and recently I decided to join. My wife has been a customer for nearly 35 years, which is astonishing. I have had to give up a very senior position to become an unpaid carer, which I do not regret, we have been together for nearly 40 yearrs and I would give my whole body so she can have a “normal life”.

I am becoming very aware that people on this forum take things personally and spit the dummy out. Constantly starting arguements in my opnion for the sake of it.

Surely we are all in the same position, either disabled and/or a partner/ loved one who is. So why do people constantly exercise the right to abuse or berate others is beyond me.

I am having to stop myself reacting to all this nonsense and try and be calm.

This forum is all about you, me, partners on about vehicles that are suitable, coming on the scheme or coming off the scheme, or test drives about cars or anything to do with being a Motabilty customer. Even about EV Chargers, which doesn’t interest me one little iota. It’s about making it easier with adult conversation, not childish immaturity inuendoes.

Yes, I rant about the choices but if I am honest, it is superb value for money, taking into account insurance, breakdown and repairs. Even though just now, I don’t know where to go.

Maybe some of the people on this forum need to think about that, however, for the record, my estimation with Motablity is severely declining.

Come on people, a bit of decorum is needed here.

, i

Current car 2019 Ford Kuga 1.5T Titanium X Edition

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170759 Reply
    Tim

Well said chap! It’s a very small group who bicker, but unfortunately they tend to dominate the discussion in each thread.

#170765 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think you have hit the nail on the head Sean.  A great place for information but occasionally techy.

#170766 Reply
    POPS

Sean1969,

I created this forum along with the site owner (wmcforum) and I sadly have to agree with you.

wmcforum, Joss and I, as the three forum moderators talk about this on a daily basis behind the scenes.

We love the fact that we’ve provided a voice for all sorts of disability and Motability issues, but it was never our intention to give a platform for argument and point scoring.

I would ask posters to re read our forum rules and consider just one word “RESPECT”. That is all we ask. However exercised or emotional posters feel about sometimes contentious issues, please take a deep breath and remember to respect other posters.

We all have our problems and issues otherwise we wouldn’t be here, either as people with disabilities or people who are carers for those with disabilities. Some of us have mental health issues and do not need to be further stressed by confrontational posting. Many of us suffer from chronic pain which leaves us feeling worn out and vulnerable, and sadly some of us have life threatening conditions which mean that we don’t need the added pain that confrontational posting can cause.

In my opinion this is a great forum that celebrates anything and everything that might add to the mobility and quality of damaged lives. Please people, let’s try to do our best to keep our opinions respectful, and our disagreements friendly.

Thank you.

#170784 Reply
    ajn

I’ve got into a few pathetic tit for tat discussions on here, however I’ll admit to it, even admit to being sometimes argumentative with reason..

I have no problem admitting and standing by what I say, if wrong again I’ll admit to that too, not a problem..

However I can’t, won’t sit back and watch someone belittle another for being more knowledgable in  a subject than the next, or simply rude ill mannered self important arrogance just because of seniority that some may find acceptable..

I totally agree people should be able to come here with nothing other than a pleasant, more knowledgeable experience to a question or concern they may have..

If you answer rude expect it back, if you can’t then grow up, we’re not all perfect, however rudeness and bad manners to me is easily avoided and should be in all cases..

If anything people say here have caused offence, then sometimes it’s worth going back a few posts to clearly see why, or maybe change the name to your own name in your mind and notice why some react to tit for tat..

Anyway going to try get some sleep, another reason some people can react badly I guess..

I think if a situation arises all offending posts of the situation should be removed not the chosen few..

#170792 Reply
    Peter Ward

Welcome to the internet, it’s progress apparently.

#170794 Reply
    Steadyhorse

Well said!

#170797 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sean, thanks for posting. Being thrust into the world of disability can take a lot of things from you; self esteem, sense of worth, career, friendships, social standing and a social life. Then you have to deal with the day to day of the actual disability, the pain, the hope and the hopelessness, the learning and the frustration.  On top of which come the fight, starting with information and moving onto one of equality.
    What I am trying to say is I find myself biting my tongue constantly over some of the bickering and pointless posts added. Most people prepare their writings with careful consideration and diligence, others not so much. We try, as a team, to be kind, but there can be a lot going on behind the writings of a poster and we strive to be supportive, balanced and fair.

#170806 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Useful information and insightful opinions combined with good humour is the winning combination.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by fwippers.
    #170814 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I have been monitoring this forum for a few years now and recently I decided to join. My wife has been a customer for nearly 35 years, which is astonishing. I have had to give up a very senior position to become an unpaid carer, which I do not regret, we have been together for nearly 40 yearrs and I would give my whole body so she can have a “normal life”. I am becoming very aware that people on this forum take things personally and spit the dummy out. Constantly starting arguements in my opnion for the sake of it. Surely we are all in the same position, either disabled and/or a partner/ loved one who is. So why do people constantly exercise the right to abuse or berate others is beyond me. I am having to stop myself reacting to all this nonsense and try and be calm. This forum is all about you, me, partners on about vehicles that are suitable, coming on the scheme or coming off the scheme, or test drives about cars or anything to do with being a Motabilty customer. Even about EV Chargers, which doesn’t interest me one little iota. It’s about making it easier with adult conversation, not childish immaturity inuendoes. Yes, I rant about the choices but if I am honest, it is superb value for money, taking into account insurance, breakdown and repairs. Even though just now, I don’t know where to go. Maybe some of the people on this forum need to think about that, however, for the record, my estimation with Motablity is severely declining. Come on people, a bit of decorum is needed here. , i

Totally agree 👍

#170828 Reply
    Ditch

Agreed 👍 I’ve only been a member since September this year, and I’ve noticed there’s a few members of this forum who are doing this to other members post’s and comments. Stay safe folk’s 🙏

#170833 Reply
    Mike Cooper

This forum is superb for gleaning knowledge from people who have ‘been there and done it’ already and so I would like to send my sincere thanks to POPS and the other mods for providing my ‘go to’ forum for all things Motability,plus I have saved a lot of money on AP offers which I didn’t even know were possible to get before I saw mention of them on here!
    As per the arguments,I am a member of many forums and this one is pretty tame in comparison to others but you will always get some who like to stir the pot on any particular issue.

#170835 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I just sit back and let them get on with it, I like the majority of us are more than happy with the Motability scheme, it is a shame there is less choice at the present, but it is same whether you are a private or Motability customers.

As regards all the mud being posted about Motability CEO, staff benefit etc I just don’t care all I am interested is the bottom line ‘ we get a decent new  car every 3 years with 3/5 carefree motoring’ what’s more to ask.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#170844 Reply
    Tim

Oscar, was the OP talking about the scheme comments? I thought it was more about the way people try to assassinate comments rather than discuss. Perhaps I’ve read it incorrectly 😄

#170845 Reply
    Tim

I wish JS and Trev would come back. Things seemed calmer back then.

#170847 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Me gusta la paz y la tranquilidad. I like peace and quiet.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by fwippers.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by fwippers. Reason: TYPO
    #170873 Reply
    Mark Holland

Interesting read Sean almost identical save for being together 37 years and customer for 30 it’s quite isolated and lonely at times, but wouldn’t change it

#170879 Reply
    sif

I don’t see a problem. I belong to many groups and forums and this is one of the most civilised. There are others that are calmer, but they have a focus on a special area of interest that unites them. The thing about disabilities is, they are so different, ages, sex, location, cars we drive, reasons we use them. Not much there guaranteed to unite. I repeat, given our differences we cooperate and discuss reasonably in my view. Instead of beating themselves up over some trifling discord, mods should relax and enjoy what they built. It works, be proud of it and give the grumpy some latitude. Someone else pretended to be me me and insulted someone online. The mods sorted that out quickly. I like the forum, works well in my opinion, and if you don’t like what someone says, vote with your eyes and don’t read them.

#171116 Reply
    Psuader

I wonder if the poster has visited an online forum in the last 20 years? They all descend into bickering!

#171117 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No they don’t 😊

#171120 Reply
    Psuader

Ha!

#171122 Reply
    POPS

Psuader, what happens on other online forums is beyond our remit. As moderators on this site we have a duty of care for our posters which we take seriously.

This is why we ask people to read the forum rules carefully before posting. We believe that respect and consideration for our posters and browsers are reasonable requirements for a site that was set up specifically for the benefit of people who live with the daily and often painful struggle of getting about with disabilities that severely reduce their mobility.

We accept that posters will often disagree, all we ask is that those disagreements are about opinions, and are not formatted as personal attacks on the poster that expressed a different view to your own.

It might be good if posters re read the “Forum Rules” from time to time. Cheers guys and girls.

#171124 Reply
    Brydo

This thread is turning into a bit of a pantomime lol or is that all behind us.

#171128 Reply
    Tim

Oh no it isn’t!

#171132 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Do you think the Motability Fairy Godparent could turn my Brussel sprouts into a Polestar 2 to take me to The Ball?

#171135 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The way things are going they would probably kick you in them!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Why all this bickering and tit for tat………………..REALLY!!!!!
Your information: