Who’s using their scheme car everyday.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ChrisK 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111021 Reply

Philjb

I just wondered how many still do and if we have anyone who is a key worker and has to rely on driving.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #111022 Reply

HoneyMonster
    Participant

Our new car has only been out 3 times in last 16 days. One hospital appointment, one collection of prescription and one shopping trip. It is very well polished though 🙂

#111023 Reply

Rhodgie

Me.

I work 4 days on, 4 days off. On my days off I’ve had to go to the shops on 2 of those days cause I couldn’t get enough the first time.

#111024 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Once a week to go 5 miles to big Tesco we should be refunded the money we are paying every week to motability

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#111027 Reply

Michael

The payments for the car comes as a benefit not a right and is for the provision of availability of transport when it is legal to use by the recipient.

To expect a refund in the present circumstances surely is OTP no one can expect to have a vehicle on their drive and a refund, just my opinion, Cheers Mike.

#111030 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well we have a rille today name in common Mike thankyou for your reply

#111031 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Sorry spelt wrong was meant to say we have a brilliant name in common Mike

#111033 Reply

Craig

Mines in use most days as still working.

Which is even more gutting as my new car is sat at the dealers waiting for me..

#111034 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Once a week 9 miles all round trip to Tesco/Morrisons and back home, I filled up with diesel just over a week or so, at this rate I will have enough fuel for many months.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#111037 Reply

Tharg

Done about 20 miles since collection from dealer (2 weeks ago). Used for emergency dental appt., collecting stuff from butcher’s shop and returning delivery boxes to local deli/grocer. Last two activities involve quick dash in and out of shop at crack of dawn to avoid all the other unhealthy disease vectors, sorry, people, who go in at normal hours.

#111041 Reply

Georgie

I’ve not been as far as the top of the drive since March 17th.  All my prescriptions were topped up at the start of March and now our only contact with the Outside World is the food delivery once a week, and even then DH won’t even let me answer the door.

He does let me cook what’s delivered, though.  🙂

#111051 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Mines about twice a week at the moment, sometimes three times all less than 10 mile journeys.

Never ever had a problem with the Diesel Particle Filter on diesel cars but I wonder what Motability reaction would be if that clogged up and required an expensive renewal filter.

#111052 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Having to go to supermarket on a regular basis, I am only allowed to sit in the car though as OH won’t let me go in where all the plebs are, having to do the shopping for both Mums and they live 100 miles apart so busier than normal as only do shopping for one of them b4 this.

#111058 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Chris that would be a great idea to tell the police if getstopped out for a drive ? As well as pointing out it’s a motability car

#111061 Reply

Jane

Once a week for shopping and perception if needed.

#111064 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

One of our neighbours has been given the dreaded 12 week letter, he has breathing difficulties and just over 70, he is a bit miffed because they are not classed as disabled and normally goes for long walks. He is literally pulling his hair out and wants to go out for a walk but cant.

Another one of our friends went to the caravan show and brought a new caravan, took delivery the Friday before the shut down, they normally go away from Easter onward to Cornwall now it just stuck there in a storage yard.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#111067 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

The wife is a worker at a primary school, but she suffers from bad asthma as does one of my sons, so she was told to stay home even though she volentered to go in.

The car hasn’t moved since 20/03. We’ve always had shopping delivered as its a nightmare taking three children around the supermarket. Were saving money on fuel at least and the environment most be benefiting from this a little.

Current car VW Touran 1.4tsi SEL in Caribbean blue with storm grey interior.

#111074 Reply

Philjb

Our car normally does a fair few miles a week visiting and looking after grandkids, hospital visits across central London or into central London, but I have 60% reduced lung capacity and I’m on immune suppressing injections so I’m now indoors for 12 weeks, my wife has also been told to stay in for 12 week she was a nurse physio for special needs children but since having health problems has to take ill health retirement and was told not to drive.
    Two of my four grown up kids are down as named drivers but both has symptoms so has to self isolate and aren’t sure if they have cv or if they are  free from the contamination stage so are staying away. The other two live up north.
    The cars not moved once since the 20th of March.

with the alarm and all the electronics in modern cars I know it won’t be long before the battery is flat and not being mobile myself there’s not much I can do about it.

#111102 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

@philjb,

Just get the better half to go out and sit in the car with the engine running at about 1,500rpm until the temp needle gets up to half way, should be enough to keep it in good fettle once a fortnight, she can lock herself in whilst doing it.

#111114 Reply

Philjb

Vinalspin if I want like this I’d take the battery off and keep it on trickle charge.
    I’ll have to try and sort something. Probably hand over the key to my postman on the end of a barge poll. lol.

#111183 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I don’t know about anyone else – but I’m currently getting 3 weeks to the gallon!

#111186 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I don’t know about anyone else – but I’m currently getting 3 weeks to the gallon!

I have done 27 miles in 3 weeks in theory our Kuga @ just over 40 miles per gallon, one gallon should last four and a half weeks, I have approximately 9 gallons of diesel in our fuel tank.

#111187 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

LOL, that’s a good way of looking at it. From November to April I get about 1 tankful of diesel a month but at the moment I filled the tank 3 weeks ago and still above three quarters now.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Who’s using their scheme car everyday.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: