Who's recently ordered or got zero AP car and what is it?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Olpk 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118640 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Who’s recently ordered or got zero AP car and what is it? Are you happy with it? Doesn’t count if you got dealer to reduce AP or you count GCB to reduce AP to zero.

Just genuine no AP cars please.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118652 Reply

Simon

Seat Leon FR 2.0 TSI DSG. Over the moon with it.

#118654 Reply

Menorca Mike

Omg Simon that was a bargain when did you get it ?

#118705 Reply

T.J
    Participant

Seat Leon FR 2.0 TSI DSG. Over the moon with it.

Pretty much the same car but in Xcellence Lux trim, was collected mid July last year though so not all that recent – would guess that Simon’s car is around the same age as the 2.0 petrol was discontinued May / June (ish).

Regardless of date would agree with Simon, ours is an estate and very practical, comfortable and whilst not a rocket ship is certainly not slow.

#118723 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Who’s recently ordered or got zero AP car and what is it? Are you happy with it? Doesn’t count if you got dealer to reduce AP or you count GCB to reduce AP to zero. Just genuine no AP cars please.

Smallcar,

Aren’t you rather asking unanswerable questions?

Bearing in mind the current price quarter has only been in effect for 12 days, most people receiving vehicles now or recently would probably have ordered in a previous quarter when the advance payments were probably different, or may have disappeared off the scheme all-together.

Take the Leon FR as quoted in a post above. The closest Leon FR DSG to the one quoted now has an AP!

Then are you looking at zero ap’s relating to manual or automatic vehicles as that is a huge variable.

Also, my last vehicle was nil AP as a war pensioner but was best part of £1k if on DLA/PIP/AFIP. Thus, if any war pensioners reply your answers will be totally skewed.

Perhaps you need to narrow down your parameters somewhat? Or select some vehicles (which maybe at nil AP currently) and ask about those? Otherwise you could be comparing apples with oranges metaphorically speaking.

#118729 Reply

Menorca Mike

Kia Nero hybrid is nothing

#118731 Reply

Menorca Mike

Just looked at Kia Niro hybrid auto good spec my goodness it’s a bargain

#118744 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Hi mike, had a peek at one of those the other week, nice car, little cramped inside but not 2 bad, unlike the matchbox for a boot!

#118753 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Big Dave

Surely not unanswerable. I just consider that those of limited means and new to Motability may be interested to hear if people are satisfied with a car that is affordable to them.

Understandably many of the posts on this site relate to premium brands, high APs and the advantages of expensive, often not disability related, options.

New customers may be encouraged to learn that certain posters are happy with a zero AP car that is practical and suits their disabilities.

As I have posted before our zero AP, less than weekly PIP, automatic Picanto 3 meets our needs with respect to disability and room for wheelchair, particularly as it is usually just two of us out in the car.

#118754 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i have to say i always start my search with 0 ap and then work up to the level of gcb and any grant i may get.

as a wpms i do have that little bit extra to play with and i can get a grant of up to £640 towards an automatic once every 3 years. so potentially i can go up to £1200 ap without having to put in my own money so to speak.

the best i found were the suzuki ignis and seat arona as i need a higher seat but dont need a huge car. although the ignis auto seems to have disappeared recently.

#118768 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

We were going to look at the Ignis if the Picanto didn’t suit. It has remarkably small dimensions and good reviews. Shame no automatic on Motability. Motability still shows Picanto automatic, but stopped being made until new model later in the year and none currently left in stock I believe.

#118776 Reply

mitch
    Participant

for such a small car the ignis is very roomy, i was hoping against hope the jimny would come back but suzuki have removed it from the uk. that i would have had in a heartbeat.

#118807 Reply

Olpk

<p style=”text-align: center;”>But it all depends on deals and the other things you consider.</p>
    I just got a Tiguan Allspace 150TDI 4motion DSG.

When I ordered it the AP was £1449. The dealer gave me £550 discount and then I got £900 good condition bonus.(5 years)

So taking the standard car they paid me £1.

It all depends on whats on offer and how you work out the maths.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Who's recently ordered or got zero AP car and what is it?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: