Who is the worlds greatest F1 World Champion?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mitch 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #96330 Reply

Winston

These polls are always tough, it’s like comparing greatest boxers, football players etc, different generations with medical and technological advancements

but it’s good to see differing opinions

im approaching my mid 40s now 😭 so my fav is and always be Schumi, that’s who I admired and wanted to win ( which he did a lot lol ) when I first got into F1

hare to believe it’s been 6 years since his terrible accident, but just shows you that you never know what it round the corner and it to take things for granted

#96336 Reply

joss
    Participant

What happened to my post and others ??

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#96337 Reply

Winston

There’s a post on the thread about forum technical issues or somethings that explains it mate

lost the 12 hours or so of posts

#96345 Reply

joss
    Participant

Yes Winston I found it eventually thanks

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#96842 Reply

Brydo

New power generation: The young drivers making their mark on motorsport

Familiar big beasts still roam the Formula 1 grid, but a new herd of young, hungry talent is on a stampede in 2019

Five world champions in the past 12 years. That says much about how the elite dominate in Formula 1 and how hard it is to break through to the topper-most of the popper-most. Of that quintet of champions, two – Jenson Button and Nico Rosberg – are already retired and the other three will be aware, to varying degrees, just how loudly the clock is ticking. Kimi Räikkönen, champion in 2007, is the oldest, having just turned 40; Lewis Hamilton, champion for the first time in 2008, is 34; Sebastian Vettel, who won four consecutive titles between 2010 and 2013, is 32 but is increasingly looking older after a fraught couple of years at Ferrari. What is certain is that all are closer to the end than the beginning.

That’s true even of Hamilton, despite still appearing at the height of his powers. But he will recognise that a changing of the generations – as inevitable as taxes – is upon F1. How can he not, after a 2019 season in which a clutch of fresh talent has risen to challenge the status quo, with all the glorious precociousness and cocksure self-belief of youth?

F1’s new power generation are not just the future. They’re right here, right now, and ready to grab at opportunities, whenever and wherever they come.

Charles Leclerc, age 22, team Ferrari

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport/new-power-generation-young-drivers-making-their-mark-motorsport

#96859 Reply

mitch
    Participant

when jackie stewart extolls the virtues of jim clark im tempted to go with him. when you consider the technology he was dealing with, if he had the tech available now who knows really.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Who is the worlds greatest F1 World Champion?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: