Which supermarket do you shop at?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167212 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I’m a Tesco kind of guy but happened to go into Lidl’s the other day and my goodness it’s cheap. Only spent £10 but couldn’t believe how much I got.

So I thought to myself I’m a Lidl man from now on (that’s Lidl not little lol. So went yesterday to do my shop and did get many of the foods I usually get but not all. This meant I had to then go to Tesco. Can’t be bothered doing two supermarkets for a shop so back to Tesco for me sadly.

I would however give Lidl a go, if you haven’t already, as it is really cheap and if you can get everything you want/need it’s a no brainer.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167214 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

In keeping with another thread. Lidl (or Aldi, or even both) do a very good lasagne,  a family favourite. Always pick one up  when I need to have a cruise down the middle isle of irresistible tat.

#167222 Reply
    tvs
    Participant

Shop at both Aldi and M&S food hall for us. (Have a retired Colleagues Discount card)

Choose to shop later in the afternoon where you get further reductions!

#167229 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Used to major at Tesco. Now that we only shop by home delivery (Covid death rate still too high) Tesco is impossible. Cannot get a delivery date other than “sometime in an eight hour time slot”. Used to be able to get a simple one-hour slot. Not now.

Use a range of others now. Asda, because they will let us have a regular pre-booked slot once a week. Waitrose every fortnight or so for stuff I can’t get elsewhere, similarly Sainsbury’s. The latter are so easy for delivery booking, no waiting up until midnight to get the slot you want.

Would also use Aldi and Lidl if I could. However they do not deliver here and the checkout queues are impossible. I physically cannot stand in a queue for that amount of time. Great produce and brilliant prices.

#167236 Reply
    joss

I have a regular Thursday 08:00 am slot for Asda home delivery. Works very well with minimum fuss. Have an Aldi and Lidl with in 2 miles, but don’t go that often.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167241 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

The pre-booked regular Asda slots are absolutely marvellous, Joss. Saves all the fuss and uncertainty of having to get on to booking site in the middle of the night before they sell out. Tried to persuade other supermarkets to do same. Failed.

#167251 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Poundland do some good food now,

#167252 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

all done online now, i cant phsically walk round a supermarket now even hanging on to a trolley.

i am determined not to get a scooter, silly i know.

so it varies between morrisons,ocado, iceland and wiltshire farm foods.

only ever had a problem with slots around xmas. but theres only me so with the freezer i aint going to starve.

#167258 Reply
    POPS

My favourite supermarket in Malvern is the large Waitrose in the town centre, but I have to admit that it’s too expensive to make sense on a regular basis. Party food is brilliant though.

The local M&S food hall has some quality but over priced tempters.

Aldi is my default shop for superb pricing and excellent quality. I have to drive for ten minutes to Ledbury but it’s worth it.

The local Lidl is well priced and the bakery is superb.

A very large Morrisons is enjoyable but not particularly cheap, unless you visit at about 5pm when some of the reduced bargains are exceptional.

The local Co-op has some very good loss leader offers which are worth checking up on. There is also a Sainsbury local, and a Tesco express which I use occasionally just for a change.

Finally McColls (Safeways) which is only about half a mile away from my home is a lovely local shop that fills any gaps with a greeting and a smile.

#167315 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Mostly online shopping nowadays.  Used all the major ones and all have their plus and minus, as far as short dated stuff I’ve found Asda to be the worst.  I’ve had phone calls from the store manager apologising and promising it won’t happen again but it always does.

Sometimes handing stuff back isn’t an option as I know I may not be able to go get what I want for a few days depending how I am.  At least with Asda the refund process is online and very easy.

Getting a £40 minimum shop isn’t always easy, more so since my Autistic son moved into his own flat last week.  I tend to look at various supermarkets and see who is doing offers on the stuff we usually buy and then “bulk buy” it to make up the order.

Last week Asda had Itsu Gyoza Dumplings on a £1 off offer so I bought him 12 packs to stock his freezer.  This week Sainsbury’s had Lilt at £1 for a 2L bottle and Dr Pepper back to £1.50 so stocked up on those for him.  Also sorted out this years Xmas presents for friends, they were doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine so got some nice Gallo White Zinfandel at £5 a bottle less the discount, so only £3.75 a bottle 🙂

If I could find everything in one shop it would be great!.  For bread, milk and eggs I use my local Herons once a week or twice if I can get there.  Cheaper than most of the big supermarkets and you can see and pick stuff with the longest BBF dates.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Which supermarket do you shop at?
Your information: