which stars have you met and what were they like?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #43194 Reply
    Brydo

Glos Guy has been name dropping on another thread lol, got me thinking have you met any stars and if so what were they like. Glos Guy has met Joanna lumley and she was very nice, I have met Sir Alex Ferguson and he was very knowledgeable and funny.

Who have you met and what were they like and if there’s a bit of a story to go with it tell us about it.

Glos Guy spill the beans how did you meet her and are you her one that got away lol?

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #43337 Reply
    Brydo

Tom Jones, Douglas Bader Mike I was going to make up a list but why don’t you tell us two or three of your favourite or most interesting for starters. I would really love to hear them.

#43368 Reply
    The little taffia

I don’t take much notice of famous people. I’ve met Barry John and Neil Jenkins, Neil worked in a TV rental shop and I knew the manager. My cousin Mel was a footballer who played for Spurs and was a Welsh international who played in the 1958 World Cup. Howard Winston was the landlord of a pub I used to frequent. Actors Susan George and the late Simon Maccorkindale had Irish Setters and we would often talk to them at dog shows as we had Irish ourselves. I once had a nice conversation with Iolo Williams whilst I was waiting for the wife to return to the car after she had walked our dog.

The greatest person I ever knew whom I respected and admired, my father.

#43372 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Let’s win this lottery and have a WMCF meet on a cruise… a round-the-world one so get time to know each other! lmao imagine that 145 days with nowhere to run! lol

Sorry to hear about your pain Winston, they say laughter is the best medicine, but not sure it it applies in your case., you silly fool lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43390 Reply
    Steve

Mine is mixed bag!

Gary Numan – Fabulous guy, so friendly, sociable and down to earth

Julio Iglesias – Polite

Roy Kinnear – very friendly RIP

Nicholas Cage – He was filming in NY, very arrogant, bad mannered

Peter Davidson – Old Dr Who – very bad mannered, no time for anyone

Leroy – The guy who was in Fame, really friendly, nice chap RIP

Simon Cowell – Super friendly, very polite, down to eart

#43414 Reply
    Winston

Brydo – I’ve no idea why my discs rupture so often.. just lucky I guess ??

i have prolapsed discs at the bottom , it happens just doing light mundane tasks,  but yesterday I fell on my arse in the snow ?? wasn’t sore at the time, and I quickly checked my neighbours windows incase anyone had spotted me lol, but it was 7am so I was in luck

made it home but 40 mins later I couldn’t stand up, move, do anything but bar lay on the phone like a giant crippled beetle who couldn’t get up ???

but I can laugh about it ?

Trev- im up for that cruise! Let’s hope it’s not like the Poseidon adventure ( the original ) ?

#43437 Reply
    geo

I’ve met God himself and he was sober…bumped into George Best in the Sheraton in Edinburgh and he was with King Denis Law and that twit rodney marsh.

couldnt speak and he just laughed. my late mum worked there and had got me into meet/see him and i knew nothing about it totally gobsmacked.

he signed a programme for me and so did Mr Law(he called me young man) marsh just kept walking…as i said Twit!

met quite a few at the hotel as i did the night shift to help out when short staffed.

Tom Jones (nice man)

Gabriella Sabatini(absolute stunner and very nice)

F.Y.C.(party boys)

#43839 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

I met shakira in my dreams the other night, but i’m not the type to kiss n tell lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#159328 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The North star!

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: which stars have you met and what were they like?
Your information: