Which extras did you put on your Tiguan?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #105612 Reply
    Brydo

Everybody and their granny has a Tiguan and it looks like I might be one of them (what fantastic value for money).
    So did you add extras and if so what were they and which have you appreciated the most.

Not another Tiguan thread 🧵

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #105613 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

At the dealers, not a damned thing 😛

On Amazon and eBay, Heko Wind Deflectors, a centre console cubby shelf thingy and some LED bulbs for the boot and glovebox (I admit glovebox isn’t important but 2 were like £2.39 and 4 were £3.29 so figured why not have a couple spares for the sake of 90p

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#105614 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Just for you Brydo 😀

Last Gen but pffft – technicalities

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#105616 Reply
    Philjb

I bought an “I L❤️VE my Tiguan” T shirt, boxers and hoodie. lol

#105618 Reply
    Brydo

Phil no photos of you in your boxers please lol

#105619 Reply
    Brydo

Heko wind deflectors what are they?

#105621 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Black tinted plastic trims which go in the window frames – help keep wind and water out when the windows are a little open – these are the ones I had on my old 407 but I think they’ll look better on the Tiguan with it being white – will stand out more

#105622 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

These are Heko wind deflectors Brydo

Perfect for stopping water ingress whilst still opening window an inch or two plus it stops the waterfall that happens when it’s been raining and you open your window only to find all the door electric switches in a big puddle.

#105628 Reply
    joss

Team heko have been fitted to all my cars. would not be without them. Come on Brydo where’s yer street cred man.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#105636 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Not that I smoke (been vaping for 9-10 years) but these are great for smoking (no comments about not smoking while driving or it’s bad for you) fact is if you do then these allow the window to be opened a bit and they actually pull the smoke out the car and to get rid of the ash you just put the tip near the open window and it’s sucked out without effort.

Not very p c but just the facts mam.

#105640 Reply
    Brydo

“Street cred” gone a long time ago lol.

Ok heko wind deflectors ✅

What about add one from the dealer?

mud flaps, tinted windows, stereo upgrades, tech upgrades, manufacturer packs. Paint colours etc.

#105658 Reply
    Anneka

My added options are the Oryx mother of Pearl paint, emergency assist package which includes the side scan, front window deflectors and the door logo light. I did want the windows tinted darker but the dealer advised to do it after collection as they would charge me to take the car to be tinted also. So it would double or even triple the costs.

#105659 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Don’t know about the cost of the rest but the wind deflectors are 3-4 times the price with fitting, just triple if you buy and fit yourself and it takes about 5 minutes to fit the Heko ones.

#105660 Reply
    Moreton5

None. Wish I’d have added a camera though just for ease but my dealer wasn’t bothered what I added tbh just wanted the sale

#105664 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I did want the windows tinted darker but the dealer advised to do it after collection as they would charge me to take the car to be tinted also. So it would double or even triple the costs.

Anneka, do I take it it’s ok to have the windows tinted if VW appeared to be fine with it? And are they that bad as std? I haven’t had a good look at this aspect yet but the rears of my X1 are really dark. (It was an option!) and I really prefer this.
    Thanks in advance 🙏😁

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#105670 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Wayne

Probably more important to ascertain that Motability are happy?

#105692 Reply
    Beau

4motion badge for the boot so the guy with the same colour Rline cant be jealous for a change lol

Paul

#105696 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

None. Wish I’d have added a camera though just for ease but my dealer wasn’t bothered what I added tbh just wanted the sale

Which model did you go for? The R-Line most of us are waiting on or ordering has cameras galore as standard. reversing, front-facing for lane and traffic sign recognition  and a 360 “overhead” system

#105697 Reply
    Elly

I thought I’d order one but no Tiguan auto petrol R Line Tech now it seems. I’m not good at this Motability search! May go for an Ateca instead now, it’s apparently on a Tiguan platform and seems to be all singing and dancing but still tempted by the high seat of the Volvo 🧐

#105700 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I got full keyless entry with virtual pedal opening boot on my SEL but the dealer paid for it yaaaaaaaay!!!

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#105704 Reply
    Tommy

Does anybody think it would be worth asking my dealer for a discount on the running boards? , they make it a lot easier getting in and out.

#105705 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

Allspace but, heated seats, can’t do without them now.

#105706 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Does anybody think it would be worth asking my dealer for a discount on the running boards? , they make it a lot easier getting in and out.

Always worth asking – I imagine they can do more with the labour part of fitting if the parts themselves are a smaller part of the cost but if they pay a lot for the parts, I wouldn’t expect them to be able to do as much

#105714 Reply
    Anneka

@vinalspin they defo triple the cost for the window deflectors I only went ahead after reading on the forum that so get caught when the door mirrors fold up and eventually bend and need replacing so I thought I would just order for ease but I know I’ve been ripped off lol

@wayne that’s the impression I got they’re already 65% tinted approx as std but they definitely not even as dark as how the X1 comes otherwise I would be happy with that level of tint.

@smallcar
    considering the dealer was going to sort getting them darker I would like to think it motability are fine with it as it’s the rear windows only, but I will be asking motability the question if it’s ok as I need to discuss adding my private plate also.

#105727 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I had a quick look on the vw website and the r-line appears to have everything we need as standard.

Rain sensor windscreen wipers.

Heated front seats

Automatic lights

Cruise control

Automatic boot

And lots of tech to stop me crashing.

Not had a sunroof for years so that will be nice.

Not sure if I’ve missed anything out.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#105734 Reply
    Winston

Millions lol

I’m not gonna attempt to list them all, it’s easily read of the VW configuration site

but I’ll add a few of the more useful ones That you’ll use that you haven’t mentioned in the above post in not very technical terms lol

4 cameras , rear , front and one under each wing mirror , you can select to view the cameras one at a time , all together and in a smart virtual birds eye view of your car from above! Very handy indeed

adaptive cruise control , again very handy if you do a lot of miles 🙌🏻

automatic parking , again for people who aren’t confident parallel Parker’s etc , combined with all the cameras on board it can make life a lot easier for you once you’ve sussed it out

Matrix led headlights which when activated allow the car the drive on full beam and when it spots a car travelling in the opposite direction it will shade/adjust the angle of the beams so you are still on full beam and to make sure you don’t send your fellow motorist into a ditch lol – you’ll be amazed how well this works and how much of the road ahead it illuminates, they have a cornering function and light up the Sides of the road well

fully electrically operated tailgate , open close using your key or stand like a tube and wave your foot under it

keyless entry and start

auto folding mirrors

cold out side and nipping to the docs/shops for a bit? Once you park up hit the Rest button and it’ll keep the car warm for 30 mins 👍🏻

once you register for it you’re able to use your phone to check the status of your car, have you locked the doors? The boot etc? If you’ve forgot you can lock it or open it from the comfort of your house using your phone 👍🏻

apple car play/android auto , no charge! You can use Google Maps, Apple Maps , Waze etc

comes with touch screen VW Sat Nav infotainment screen , Digital dash which can display Sat Nav aswell

3 years free subscription for VWs car net service . Or We Connect ( it whatever it’s called this month )

Self sealing tyres ( not back breaking run flats ) could get you out of a jam if you are unfortunate enough to run over a nail etc

Flappy paddles behind the steering wheel to change gear ( if you so wish )

speed limit of your current location/road displayed on your digital dash ( again handy if you’re in an unfamiliar area )

3 way climate control , so different temps for 2 front passengers and anyone in the back

🆘 button on the roof incase you run into trouble , VW assistance button on the roof incase you want to find out what time TK Maxx shuts at lol

plenty of storage , USB ports , storage nets located in the car, 2 fold down trays on the rear of the 2 front seats. Handy for the kids or adults to eat a snack from

like I said plenty more accurate and official info on the VW Configurator website

but these are some handy and free kit you get

feel free to add more 👍🏻

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 145 total)
Reply To: Which extras did you put on your Tiguan?
Your information: