Which brand is the best Hash Brown

• Creator
    Topic
    Jojoe
    Participant

I have to confess I love a McDonald’s hash brown. I’ve tried most of the supermarket own brands and some are okay. I recently tried the Aldi Oakhurst McDonald’s dupes, OMG they are lovely, as near to MC’D’s as you’ll get,  though quite expensive for what they are at £1,99 for 10. What’s your favourite?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      wmcforum
      Which Mobility Car

I like a hash brown as much as the next man but I find the McDonald’s ones taste a little vinegary. It’s probably just me.

kezo
        Participant

I buy MC’ain’s mostly  or when shopping in Asda, I find their own brand better than other own brand ones.

Phaedra
          Participant

Tesco every time, decent thickness unlike the others.  Morrisons also used to use them in their own brand version but switched to the cheaper ones Asda etc. use.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

I’m going my big Tesco in the morning can you cook the hash browns in the air fryer ?

Participant

Just had 2 Birds Eye fish finger 100% cod sandwiches with Tatar sauce very nice indeed the fish fingers from frozen 14 mins in air fryer by the way I didn’t know fish had fingers ?

Jojoe
                Participant

I’m going my big Tesco in the morning can you cook the hash browns in the air fryer ?

Yes Mike, they are perfect in the air fryer, I gave them around 14 mins at 200c.

Participant

Think they would be nice we beans and sausages ?  I nice warm winter meal stew and dumplings mash and carrots mmmmm

AndyDStone
                    Participant

THE best random thread @jojoe! 👍🏻

Kind regards
                      Andy

======================

Motability cars:
                      2021 - Volvo XC40 T5 PHEV.
                      2020 - VW Golf TDi SE Match.
                      2017 - VW Golf TDi SE Match.

Phaedra
                      Participant

As above, air fryer is great for them, ideally I’d oven bake them but if I’m doing a greasy breakfast they go in the (dare I say it?) deep fat fryer (vegetable oil not fat!) 😮

Frying pan is no good as hash browns nowadays tend to go all mushy.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Jojoe
                        Participant

As above, air fryer is great for them, ideally I’d oven bake them but if I’m doing a greasy breakfast they go in the (dare I say it?) deep fat fryer (vegetable oil not fat!) 😮 Frying pan is no good as hash browns nowadays tend to go all mushy.

I don’t have a deep fat fryer, but if you did the Aldi MC’D’s dupes in one they’d be perfect, all they’d need is the little grease proof bag wrapper.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Jojoe.
                          kezo
                          Participant

if I’m doing a greasy breakfast they go in the (dare I say it?) deep fat fryer (vegetable oil not fat!)

I don’t know why but, I was half expecting you to say lard!

DumfriesDik
                            Participant

I used to have the Asda ones when we had delivery, they still deliver but I don’t have it, I digress, sorry, anyway, their hashbrowns in the air fryer were fine, but left me wanting McDo’s.

Going to Aldi today!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Phaedra
                              Participant

I’ll pop into Aldi tomorrow night and grab a bag, I may be taking my Autistic son home, he’s been here 7 weeks!, 1 week cat sitting and the rest helping me with the broken finger etc..  I need to do a Tesco shop for next week, there’s a local one up the road but has none of my usual things so it’s off to Durham to stock up.

Buzz
                                Participant

My wife was feeling very poorly this morning so I took breakfast up to her. Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, hash brown and tomatoes. Just got to get the camping stove up there now so she can cook it for me.

kezo
                                  Participant

My wife was feeling very poorly this morning so I took breakfast up to her. Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, hash brown and tomatoes. Just got to get the camping stove up there now so she can cook it for me.

😲😂

Participant

😲😂

😃😃😃👍

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.