Which Benefits are we entitled to?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  DougieB 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #80606 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

WMC highlighted that in Scotland we carers get additional monies from the Scottish Government. As i read it, it dawned on me that there could be benefits out there that we don`t claim.

Without giving any personnel details, which benefits are available for the disabled and those with low income?

Any info would be appreciated.

WMC if this should be on the “off Topic” section feel free to move it.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95763 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Do you have a link to claim the free AA card?

Dougie, Sorry for the delay in replying, I don’t venture in here that often. To get the complimentary ‘AA Disabled Drivers Assistance Card’ just ring Veterans UK on 0800 1914 218 and ask for one. They will do a couple of security checks and check that you receive WPMS. A few days later, the card (redacted copy below) should drop through your letterbox in a brown envelope: Veterans Complimentary Disabled Drivers Assistance Card Dave

I applied for this but just received a letter from Veterans UK telling me that as I have a Motability agreement in place, I’m not entitled to it as breakdown assistance is included. 🙁

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#95777 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Do you have a link to claim the free AA card?

Dougie, Sorry for the delay in replying, I don’t venture in here that often. To get the complimentary ‘AA Disabled Drivers Assistance Card’ just ring Veterans UK on 0800 1914 218 and ask for one. They will do a couple of security checks and check that you receive WPMS. A few days later, the card (redacted copy below) should drop through your letterbox in a brown envelope: Veterans Complimentary Disabled Drivers Assistance Card Dave

I applied for this but just received a letter from Veterans UK telling me that as I have a Motability agreement in place, I’m not entitled to it as breakdown assistance is included. ?

Hi Dougie,

That is a fairly recent policy change then, as I have had constant Motability agreements over many years and only earlier this year applied for and received the complimentary AA card.

I am not sure why the policy has changed, as it doesn’t cost Veterans UK anything (other than postage) to send out the card and it costs the very same postage to write and tell you that you cannot have one!

The AA (and formerly the RAC when they offered a similar membership) used to just send a batch lot of cards to Veterans UK (or SPVA as was) for them to send out to WPMS recipients who asked for one (noting that these cards were never openly advertised).

Unless the AA have imposed the restriction for some obscure reason, but as they are signatories to the Armed Forces Covenant, I can hardly see that happening – they like good PR hence signing the Covenant.

I will try to follow it up at the Veterans Advisory & Pensions Committee meeting I am attending next month and see what Veterans UK’s rationale on the policy change is.

Dave.

#95779 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Unless the AA have imposed the restriction for some obscure reason, but as they are signatories to the Armed Forces Covenant, I can hardly see that happening – they like good PR hence signing the Covenant. I will try to follow it up at the Veterans Advisory & Pensions Committee meeting I am attending next month and see what Veterans UK’s rationale on the policy change is. Dave.

Thanks. I look forward to finding out that’s happened.

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Which Benefits are we entitled to?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: