Which Benefits are we entitled to?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BigDave 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #80606 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

WMC highlighted that in Scotland we carers get additional monies from the Scottish Government. As i read it, it dawned on me that there could be benefits out there that we don`t claim.

Without giving any personnel details, which benefits are available for the disabled and those with low income?

Any info would be appreciated.

WMC if this should be on the “off Topic” section feel free to move it.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #80611 Reply
    Philjb

Down south ( London area some boroughs)

free travel card

black cab card

free road tax if full 1/2 if not

plus blue badge automatically if full mobility but you can still clam without if you take the assessment fill out the form with your medical proof.

Free congestion charge

and clean air zone if you have max mobility and qualifying car.

Free tolls on m6

free tolls on teams crossing.

Think that’s it ?

#80622 Reply
    Trev

https://www.entitledto.co.uk

Has always been a good website to see if you are missing out on anything from the government.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#80631 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

That’s a handy link you posted there Trev, it can be an absolute minefield when you first find yourself in the world of benefits

Something just popped into my head, I wonder if any of you know the answer

Even though I’m a good couple of decades off pensionable age, is our PIP, ESA etc paid until we kick the bucket? Or does that stop at pensionable age and we go onto something else?

As I said, that just popped into my head there

#80643 Reply
    joss
    Participant

That’s a handy link you posted there Trev, it can be an absolute minefield when you first find yourself in the world of benefits Something just popped into my head, I wonder if any of you know the answer Even though I’m a good couple of decades off pensionable age, is our PIP, ESA etc paid until we kick the bucket? Or does that stop at pensionable age and we go onto something else? As I said, that just popped into my head there

This should answer all your questions Winston.

State pension age and benefits

Saves me a lot of typing 🙂

You may find this link useful for reference. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80646 Reply
    joss
    Participant

You might find this interesting Winston.

Unnecessary disability reassessments for disabled pensioners to be phased out
    The first step in scrapping unnecessary reassessments for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for pensioners starts on Friday (31 May).

Work and Pensions Secretary of State Amber Rudd announced in March that people receiving PIP who have reached State Pension age will no longer have their awards regularly reviewed, instead moving to a light touch review at 10 years. Nearly 290,000 people of State Pension age are in receipt of PIP.

From Friday, new claimants to PIP whose review would have been scheduled after they had reached State Pension age will receive an ongoing award with a light touch review at 10 years.

Work and Pensions Secretary of State Amber Rudd said:

I have set out a number of initiatives to improve the quality of life for disabled people; to level the terrain and smooth their path.

Stopping unnecessary PIP reviews for people over State Pension age is a positive change. It applies a common-sense approach to treating those whose conditions are unlikely to change, and we want to introduce it as quickly as possible for those who will benefit from it.
    Minister for Disabled People Justin Tomlinson said:

We are determined to improve our support for disabled people, and stopping needless PIP reviews for pensioners is the right thing to do.

This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed, and the next step is to bring this in for all pensioners.
    Applying this change to new claimants is the first step and it will be extended to existing PIP claimants above State Pension age in the coming months.

This change was part of a wider package of measures announced by Amber Rudd, signalling a shift in the government’s support for disabled people.

Other improvements include combining the separate assessment processes for PIP, Employment Support Allowance and Universal Credit into one integrated service from 2021.

The integrated service will simplify the assessment process for millions of people claiming health related benefits, reducing the need to submit information multiple times and for some people reducing the number of face-to-face assessments.

A small-scale test to explore the viability of a single assessment for Work Capability Assessments and PIP assessments will also be undertaken.

The government will also work with stakeholders to understand how to help people submit the right evidence with their claim at the outset so that fewer people have to take their case to Tribunal.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80655 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thanks for that info guys really helpful

#80662 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

That’s a handy link you posted there Trev, it can be an absolute minefield when you first find yourself in the world of benefits Something just popped into my head, I wonder if any of you know the answer Even though I’m a good couple of decades off pensionable age, is our PIP, ESA etc paid until we kick the bucket? Or does that stop at pensionable age and we go onto something else? As I said, that just popped into my head there

This should answer all your questions Winston. State pension age and benefits Saves me a lot of typing  You may find this link useful for reference. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

I was very lucky and just missed by a few months all the ESA stuff but did go for an assessment for it but then they woke up and realised I was only 6 month from becoming a pensioner so they dropped it.

The only changes for me were they stopped my Income Support that I assume ESA replaces and gave me my pension. All PIP payments stay the same as does pension credit if you need that.

With claiming benefits it’s a whole long learning curve and after being disabled for 11 years only realised last year that I can get a 20% discount on my water bill but unfortunately its not back dated. That rebate by the way was more linked to the pension credit than my disability as claiming PIP has no effect on entitlement unless your disability causes you to use more water than you might use if you were not disabled.

#80663 Reply
    Trev

Watersure is the water benefit, which we have. More details here –

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/households/customer-assistance/watersure/

#80685 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Trev can we have these links made into a sticky post somewhere?

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80694 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

That’s a good idea joss, it would give access to members and non members.

#80761 Reply
    Trev

All done Joss, should be a sticky on here now.

#80765 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Cheers Trev.

#80796 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Thanks for that Trev

How do we see the sticky ?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar joss.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#85419 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

for those on wpms there are a couple of things you may want to check out not all benefits per se;

veterans oyster card from transport for london free tube and bus travel etc.

defence discount service card, gets you all sorts of discounts eg 20% off ee contracts.

if your disability forces you to have an automatic gear box a grant is available from veterans of up to £660.contact motability grants for forms.

allowance for lowered standard of occupation if because of your disability your salary earning potential is reduced compared to what you were earning previously you can claim through veterans agency up to £71.60 per week.

#85995 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Mitch,

You forgot the free AA Disabled Drivers Assistance Card – gives a free AA membership (one vehicle) for those who receive WPMS (available free from Veterans UK). Ideal if you are not on the Motability Scheme or have a second car.

Also don’t forget the War Pensioner’s ‘Status Card’ (free from Veterans UK) that certfies that you are a War Disablement Pensioner (handy when proof of receipt of War Pension is required).

Dave

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Which Benefits are we entitled to?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: