Which actors have never made a bad film?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

There are a few actors that i really like and, maybe because of that, have, in my opinion, never made a bad film.

Liam Neeson

Denzel Washington

Pierce Brosnan

Who are your favourite actors?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tharg
      Participant

Mrs T believes that Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman have never made bad films Similarly, for me, Susan Saradon and Michelle Pfeiffer are pretty faultless. I will admit that we both may be being influenced by factors other than acting ability.

Any actor never made bad film? Tricky. Doubt it somehow. Will rack brains overnight and see what comes out…

DBtruth
        Participant

Some of my favourites that haven’t already been mentioned are:

Christian Bale

Matthew Mcconaughey

Paul Rudd

Jeff Daniels

A lot of my opinions are based on TV shows too. Especially Jeff Daniels.

I’d recommend Le Mans ‘66 if anyone hasn’t seen it. Film for car lovers and Christian Bale is excellent in my opinion.
          Also, The Prestige has been added to Netflix recently. Another great performance from Bale and is definitely worth a watch.

DBtruth
          Participant

Also, I’d have to agree with Tharg in that every actor will have been involved with some rubbish films. Especially early on in their careers.
            I remember hearing a quote from a well known actor saying that you can’t always be in great films but it doesn’t mean you don’t have to be great in it. I’ve forgotten who said it now but I believe that it’s true

Brydo

Deja vu with denzel

Taken with Liam
              <p style=”text-align: left;”>The Thomas Crown Affair with the beautiful  Rene Russo yum yum with Pierce</p>

Bowly101
              Participant

Tom Hanks always makes a good movie. And Arnie of course. 😉

joss

Christian Bale

Harrison Ford

Liam Neeson

Denzel Washington

Bruce Willis

Scarlett Johansson

Samuel L. Jackson

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Brydo

I see Scarlett popped in their joss, care to expand lol.

joss

Of course Brydo 👍She is a brill actress and a babe to boot.

Joss

Brydo

I have a soft spot, keep it clean guys lol, for Salma Hayek, great looks, great figure but not the best actor although she is in one of my top films “after the sunset”.

Bowly101
                        Participant

Can’t mention Salma Hayek without thinking of ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’. One of those movies that genuinely makes your jaw drop on first watch, in fact the only other film I can think of that dropped my jaw more is ‘Pulp Fiction’.

DBtruth
                          Participant

I mentioned “The Prestige” earlier and if you guys are a fan of Scarlett Johansson then it is absolutely the film for you!

Brydo

“The Prestige” is a very good film 👍

Tharg
                              Participant

Again, really tricky question, Brydo. Problem being that a good or even great actor can appear in a film, deliver an outstanding performance and the film can still be not good. Denzel, for example, did a good job in the Manchurian Candidate remake as did Streep, but overall the film was mediocre in the extreme and nothing like the stunning, shocking original.

Best I can say is that some actors tend not to appear in that many bad films (some movies can be ruined in the final edit, long after the actors finish). Among these I would count John Hurt, Michael Gambon and the grand dames Maggie Smith and Judi Dench.

joss

Ooo John Hurt: in 1984

Michael Gambon: The singing Detective

Maggi Smith: The lady in the Van

Judi Dench: Bond films

Joss

Brydo

We took ours down on the third, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I miss the tree and all the decorations. The place looks a wee bit empty.

Brydo

haha guys wrong thread.

bobscot

Will Smith is usually a good watch in anything . If you can forget Wild Wild West.

Brydo, Pierce Brosnan ? Did you forget about Mama Mia lol.

Tharg
                                        Participant

Loved Gambon in Maigret. Fits Simenon’s character perfectly. That Maigret series really was quite excellent; some brilliant early performances from now established names: Mini Driver, Michael Sheen, Jaye Griffiths, Toyah Willcox. Plus some big-name small parts from likes of Brenda Blethyn and the stunning Cheryl Campbell. Not forgetting those Traction Avants of course!

Tharg
                                          Participant

Hugh Laurie… still like his work very much but have just remembered Avenue 5 sci-fi “comedy” which was unspeakably atrocious.

NewYork1
                                            Participant

Tom Hanks, he can do no wrong.

Current car
                                              Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
                                              Previous Cars
                                              VW Touran SEL

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.