When to start looking at new cars?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126901 Reply
    Kkr

Hello,

We currently have a hyundai tuscan that we collected on 24/02/2018, going by that I’m assuming we cannot put a new order in until 24/11/2020 is that correct?

I’m assuming we can start test driving anytime now, so that we can just go in & order as soon as we are allowed.  I’m pregnant & my baby is due on the 26/11/2020, so would rather get everything organised before hand.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126902 Reply
    File28

Its a 3 yr lease and you can order when you get into the last 3 months of your lease you should receive a letter to let you know

But you can start looking for something suitable anytime

But new quarter will begin 01/01/2021 so don’t rely on current prices

#126903 Reply
    File28

It’s always a gamble order this quarter or wait until the next one

#126904 Reply
    Kkr

Would it not go by Q4 pricing?  As we would be putting the order through in November.

As it stands we are currently waiting on the Peugeot 5008 being added to the list, this was our favourite when looking at Q3 pricing

#126912 Reply
    File28

Yes it’ll be q4 priced when ordering and will be honoured regardless of q1 price

I believe if the ap reduces in q1 you could cancel and re order at the new lower rate if it falls

#126913 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It would as november is in Q4 and the letter should come soon. You can test drive and put an order on the system, but not complete it, till the date mb say in the letter.

I test drove my current car in late sept for ordering in jan 2020 for april handover as i was sick of test driving in the cold of winter and the dealer told me if i want a certain spec, that was being removed from uk sales and was one i wanted it could be ordered now and they’d speak to mb.

When i went back to actually order it in jan they was have you placed an order for another car as just before xmas i popped into vw to get a new wiper and had a look at a few cars while we was waiting and the guy there put the one i was intrested in on the system as they was getting in short supply, just in case i wanted one.. without telling me.. so i was shocked abit but, if i had wanted to go for that one and none was available at time of ordering, that would be worse. So can be a bonus looking and deciding early.. I think what some mean is if you wait till q1 prices may change you never know. but i dunno maybe call mb explain when your due, and see if something can be done, or maybe the dealer can take you info and stuff and place the order on the day of ordering. hope all goes well for ya..

#126985 Reply
    Markymate

If you follow the link below, you can create your Motability account and you can see all the information you need regarding your lease. Your vehicle details, dates when you can order from, etc.  Have you NI number ready, the rest is simple.

https://activate.motabilityoperations.co.uk/register/match

#126994 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@Markymate

This is interesting?

Just had a look in my Motability account for when I can order my next car, as if I didn’t already know😁 , and it has this statement under “New car application” section.

Quote “Coming soon: Start your renewal application online” and “We are working hard to bring you new online features, including the option to start your renewal application at home” un-quote.

What do you think that means, is it just saving them a postage stamp by clicking a link that says “start your renewal now” or, and less likely, will we be abled to order cars from dealers online?

#126998 Reply
    Markymate

I suspect that they are moving to get rid of paper renewals eventually, @ChrisK.  Save a few more quid to put towards their bonuses!!

#127001 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

@Markymate This is interesting? Just had a look in my Motability account for when I can order my next car, as if I didn’t already know😁 , and it has this statement under “New car application” section. Quote “Coming soon: Start your renewal application online” and “We are working hard to bring you new online features, including the option to start your renewal application at home” un-quote. What do you think that means, is it just saving them a postage stamp by clicking a link that says “start your renewal now” or, and less likely, will we be abled to order cars from dealers online?

Chris,

From what I very briefly saw of a consultation document a few months back, the ‘begin your application’ online was more or less to kick off the process from Motability’s side of things.

Such as the checking of your award with Veterans-UK/DWP including any end date if applicable.  Also checking driving licence with DVLA and the various other checks Motability carry out in the background before they give the go ahead from their side of things.

You would still have to physically go to a dealer to order the vehicle. Partly so the trained Motability salesperson can confirm the vehicle is suitable and also to try to ensure that there is no coercion by others on the disabled person to order a non-suitable car! I believe Motability salespeople can report this sort of thing to Motability if they suspect it (an example would be a young nephew coercing granny to get a super sports car totally unsuitable for granny in her wheelchair).

Also from what I gather it is also to circumvent the ‘Distance Selling Regulations’ where if you order things (a car!) online (or over the phone or by text etc) you have the right to return it without giving a reason for upto 14 days following receipt of the item! Imagine the chaos if Motability customers ordered cars online then decided on day 13 to send it back without giving a reason!

Hence the rules whereby you must order and collect the vehicle from the dealer’s premises.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: When to start looking at new cars?
Your information: