when does that new car smell leave?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140992 Reply
    Brydo

There is nothing quite like the smell of a brand new car but how long does it last?

We have had ours two months now and every time I open the door and smell it I smile.

How long have you had your car and does it still smell new?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140993 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Had our PHEV for 8 months now, still love it, I lost my sense of smell and taste when I had my head injury, wife not complained so far so should be ok.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#141003 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The new car smell leaves just as the first scratch arrives, in my experience…

#141019 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Meguiars make a cleaner for the inside of your car and it smells just like a new car, i had my Audi Q3 for 4 years and the guy in the showroom could not believe it still smelt like a new car. Im sure i still have it in the shed somewhere but it comes in a spray bottle and its light brown in colour, stinks awful out of the bottle very similar to cat pee lol, but once you apply it inside it smells just like a brand new car. Will see if i can find it, sure its called P40 or something like that.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#141028 Reply
    joss

Just had my BMW valeted the other day and back to smelling and looking like a new car

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141033 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

For us it was about 3 minutes…it was raining hard on collection, the dog hopped in the back and that lovely wet dog smell came with her. She proceeded to sleep on the carpet as we drove 150 miles to Edinburgh. And, since she is still in the car just about every day, then eau le chienne is here to stay.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#141050 Reply
    Brydo

Immaculate joss.

Really sunny here today and forecast is for a dry week ahead, will head out and get the car washed and remove the road salt from the carpets.

#141071 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Myself and my good lady do not smoke and no one ever smokes in my car so the new car smells keeps for a year or more but her in doors never tells me what she really thinks of a car until after It’s gone.

She hasn’t said a word about my current Motability KIA but the first new car I’d ever bought myself was a KIA and after getting my next car that was a VW she said “I didn’t like the KIA because when it was new it smelt like someone had eaten a curry in it” and I said “well it was built in Asia what do you expect”.😁

#141076 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Not long if you break wind

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #141033 in when does that new car smell leave?
Your information: