What’s the worst mpg

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173196 Reply
    ajn

Do we have a quick view list of the worst fuel guzzlers on the scheme …

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #173199 Reply
    Chris

Not on the scheme anymore but the Audi a1 I had  was petrol it was getting 22mpg

#173200 Reply
    ajn

#173201 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Do we have a quick view list of the worst fuel guzzlers on the scheme …

Admittedly no longer on the scheme (as most cars aren’t), but I would have thought that the petrol XC 40 that you and Brydo have must be in the running for that award? 😉

#173202 Reply
    Rene

Depends on the journey. If we pop to the vets, less than a mile away, it’s 26ish. Average in winter is around 40 on our normal journeys (around 20 miles), with lows at 37mpg if we blast heat on “Hi” and heated seats going.

#173203 Reply
    ajn

Glos Guy I can’t drive this thing any slower even eco mode with coasting fuel saving down hill🤣

#173205 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’m sure a MG HS owner will be along shortly to make you feel a lot better.

#173206 Reply
    ajn

Sorry Rene what are you driving, I lose account of who’s driving what.
    Did you change or in the process of..

#173208 Reply
    ajn

Yeah wmc good job I’ve hardly used it, under 7000 miles 13 months in..

However lockdown and recent stuff kept miles down..

#173209 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Sorry Rene what are you driving, I lose account of who’s driving what. Did you change or in the process of..

Sorry, thought i was logged in, usually says under my posts.

SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#173210 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Over the last 40 months I’ve had my KIA Carens diesel 1.7 MPV the average is 38 MPG but I lose about 3 MPG carrying my scooter in the back so without the scooter it would be in the lower forties.

Measurement include Winter and Summer temperatures.

#173213 Reply
    ajn

I just got full tank & dynamic mode give it some extra just to see the thirst of it…

should last a few days before refill..

Rene👍

#173216 Reply
    struth
    Participant

my cmax i used to own was pretty terible unless sitting at 50/65, when it got about 45/50mpg. but in town and pottering about it could be 16/25mpg.  cost a lot in fuel, but was a great car otherwise.

no issues now as i dont use petrol/diesel anymore.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#173224 Reply
    Jaro

Had an MG zs auto 34mpg motorway, 28mpg around town.

Now have a Sokoda Octavia 1.0 currently getting 44mpg around town. Only been on one long motorway trip at the moment and that averaged 56mpg.

#173226 Reply
    DaveH

2018 Ford kuga 1.5 petrol AWD automatic. Used to be avg 21.9 mpg but recently 20.9 mpg, I think the new E10 is the cause as nothing else has changed in my life.  A lot of town driving, on my long trip to uni it gets around 28mpg.

#173230 Reply
    ajn

Thing is Mrs ajn loves the Volvo being an auto puts her back on the road (muscle probs causes problems with manual gears), meaning I hardly drive it (only to refuel) hence the miles..

#173273 Reply
    Mikeydarlo

Not on the list but I had a Fiat stilo abarth when they were on the list, 2.5litre petrol, I averaged around 18 miles to the gallon

#173274 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Not on the list but I had a Fiat stilo abarth when they were on the list, 2.5litre petrol, I averaged around 18 miles to the gallon

Blimey Mikey. Did you only drive it in first gear? 😂 I once had a BMW 750i M-Sport with a 4.4 litre V8 engine (not a Motability car, needless to say) and averaged around 10mpg better than that 😂

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #173276 Reply
    Djw38uk

2018 Ford kuga 1.5 petrol AWD automatic. Used to be avg 21.9 mpg but recently 20.9 mpg, I think the new E10 is the cause as nothing else has changed in my life.  A lot of town driving, on my long trip to uni it gets around 28mpg.

I also had one of these with similar figures. Found it very underpowered.

Am now in another Kuga with a 2.0 diesel AWD with 190BHP.

Much better and more than doubled the mpg.

#173279 Reply
    ajn

Fiat stilo abarth  2.5litre petrol, 18 miles to the gallon

that surely got to be the worst Mikey..

#173280 Reply
    Mikeydarlo

I may have been a bit of a Larry lead foot

#173281 Reply
    ajn

Great fun though 👍

#173311 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Had a 3 litre Capri. 18-23 mpg, and just 138bhp.

#173321 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

The CX5 is averaging around 36mpg.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#173323 Reply
    ajn

Morning DumfriesDik, that’s better than the 70 plate xc40 b4 mild hybrid 2 ltr auto petrol we’re driving..(description explains all).

Are you using any special driving mode..

i.e we tend to use theECO mode…out of a list of …..ECO, Comfort, Dynamic (sport),  Off Road rarely..

#173324 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The worst mpg that I achieved was in my first car, a 1974 Hillman Avenger, but it had a fuel leak, as I discovered once when I filled up with petrol in Exeter and it ran out before I got to Bristol which is just 80 miles away!

My privately owned BMW 520d was the best for fuel, averaging 47 mpg, even though I drove it ‘keenly’.

I don’t choose cars based on fuel consumption (I’d have an EV if I did) but for enjoyment (once all the practicality boxes are ticked). If they happen to return reasonable mpg then that’s a bonus, but it’s not a major consideration.

Our current Motability car (BMW X1) is exceeding expectations though. We certainly didn’t chose it for economy, but it averaged 44 mpg during the summer and is returning 40 mpg in the winter with the heater cranked up, heated seats on etc. I think that’s impressive for a quick 2.0i petrol auto with four-wheel drive. That’s better mpg than we were getting from our previous VW Tiguan diesel!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
Reply To: What’s the worst mpg
Your information: