Whats the weather like where you are today!

This topic contains 1,006 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar wmcforum 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #51913 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Today (Monday 28/5/2018) up here in North East Scotland on the Moray Firth, it is blue skies, sunny and warm, outside in the sun the temp is around 22 degrees C.

I wonder what it is like in other areas of the UK today!

lightbodyae55

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #51916 Reply
    JS

Nice blue sky’s and sun out but a bit of breeze her in the Mendips

#51921 Reply
    Trev

Overcast here in Oxfordshire, very humid and no breeze. Heard of our neighbours around us having thunderstorms yesterday, have you heard about Birmingham floods?? But it’s all missed us.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#51922 Reply
    bob mac

here in south wales it is unbearably brilliant , not a cloud in sky not a breath of win and temp gauge says 24 c

not complaining at all, luvvin it!

#51923 Reply
    POPS

Warm but overcast here in beautiful leafy Worcestershire. Everything is so green after some torrential rain storms in the last 48 hours.

#51924 Reply
    POPS

Trev, my young folk were out on the town on Saturday night, and I’ve got a video of them doing a “singing in the rain” production in the middle of the local high street during that huge electrical storm!

#51925 Reply
    Trev

LOL that’s brilliant Pops, the sort of thing i used to do in my younger years. I do enjoy a good storm, but only when watching it from indoors, and when i’m awake lol

#51927 Reply
    fwipperie
    Participant

Cracking day, spent on the south coast, tide receding and large expanses of beach now exposed.

#51929 Reply
    Trev

I used to live on Portland near Weymouth fwipperie, spring tides in weymouth meant quite a walk just to get the water above your ankles, but was also best for the fishing along on preston beach and the chesil.

Before that i used to live in Fareham and Southampton areas, Stokes Bay was good for winkle picking on the spring tides.

#51933 Reply
    Glos Guy

A pleasant but cloudy day here in Gloucestershire. One of our daughters has flown to Oslo today and it is currently 25 degrees, rising to 27 degrees tomorrow and 31 degrees on Wednesday. And that’s Norway!

#51934 Reply
    Toshtl

Been so hot today had to go inside to cool down. Forecast is same all week here in sunny Chorley Lancs.

#51947 Reply
    Trev

Another overcast day here in Oxfordshire, although a light breeze and less muggy thankfully. Car showed an outdoor temp of 14.5c mid morning, ideal time for her to have a wash.

#51948 Reply
    POPS

It’s 19 degrees and sunny here in Worcs. My patio faces south and is walled on three sides, with a lower cotswold stone wall on the fourth side. It’s such a sun trap that the family refer to it as the ‘Majorca lounge’. 19 degrees feels like 25 with the patio ‘oven’ effect. Happy days!

#51954 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Up here in North East Scotland on the Moray Firth it is sunny and blue skies and warm again, around the 25 degrees mark.

According to some weather reports, you guys down south in England were going to get wet with pouring rain, and floods over the bank holiday weekend. I did notice yesterday that Birmingham had been flooded, however I did not see any other reports of anywhere else having such bad weather. I did see photos of lightning strikes but I think that was Saturday and/or Sunday night thunder storms, without too much rain.

Lets hope the decent weather stays with us for some time to come, I think we deserve it.

lightbodyae55

#51956 Reply
    POPS

LB, the storm on Saturday night (here in Worcs.) was apocalyptic in proportion, The sky was lit up as a sheet of blue almost non stop for at least half an hour maybe more. Roads turned into rivers and steps into waterfalls. It was truly epic and something I’ll remember for a long time. One of my shed roofs gave up under the sheer weight and volume of water, so the replacement cost will no doubt remind me of that great display, lol!

#51958 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi POPS

I guess that it was a spectacular sight, but only looking out of the windows as being outside you would have been drenched!!

Could you not get a new roofing sheet for your shed and put a new layer of felt on it rather than getting a new shed?

lightbodyae55

#51960 Reply
    Trev

Pouring down here now…. well it was bound to after i washed the car this morning!

I got one of those keter plastic sheds Pops, t’is only small mind, but you can get all sizes now, and they are maintenance free.

#51967 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Still blue skies and sun shinning up here!!

Glad our neighbour  opposite was not out at weekend cleaning his car, usually when he does clean it,  guess what,  yep it rains!

lightbodyae55

#52050 Reply
    Trev

Hi lightbodyae55,

Was a wet morning and a damp afternoon down here today, and got thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow pm. Meant to be brightening up on Saturday though.

Staying in tomorrow anyhow as have a positive input ventilation unit being installed, housing finally succumbed to my pestering and agreed to get a contractor to install one – this should finally sort our condensation issues out, and stop the humidistat fan from running 24/7.

#52051 Reply
    Mike

Dull misty here today let’s hope young carol kirkwood has better weather tomorrow ?

#52063 Reply
    Brydo

Its just round the corner guys, winter that is lol, that reminds me of when my son was five and he asked me when christmas was, i replied “its just around the corner son”, to which he replied “then lets go round the corner dad” lol, kids.

Throwing water into the air at -52 below zero in fairbanks Alaska

#52074 Reply
    Trev

good video, i used to watch ice road truckers, the cold there is unreal.

#52078 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Guys

Thursday 31st May it is misty/foggy here, (Known in Scotland as the Haar) but we expect it to clear by midday as the sun should have burnt off the clouds by then.

lightbodyae55

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatar lightbodyae55. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
    #52086 Reply
    Trev

Misty start here in Oxfordshire, but it soon cleared to reveal an overcast sky with no breeze… yellow warning of rain for this afternoon with a chance of thunder.

You’re getting the better weather up there lightbodyae55

#52114 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Guys

Anyone getting the rain yet! I see the Met Office are saying thunderstorms again for the South West, South East and East Anglia.

Still blue skies sunny and 21 degrees this afternoon up here on the Moray Firth.

Yes Trev i think we are getting the better weather at the moment.

lightbodyae55

#52115 Reply
    Trev

Heavy rain and thunder here, starting to feel very fresh though which is good.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 1,006 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: