Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,451 through 2,475 (of 2,910 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #181323 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

OK. Now we’ve got a spattering of snow. Together with some really horrid hail. Meh!

#181331 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

bleak sleet/snow and rain alternately damned cold with a baltic wind getting quite breezy at times.

who said it was spring lol.

#181339 Reply
    Georgie

Yup.  There was snow here, too, about an hour ago.  Not a lot, but definitely snow.  Windy, too.  Looking at the weather forecast is a waste of time. 🙂

#181418 Reply
    joss

Welcome back @Georgie good to see you posting again.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#181421 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear but well chilly (3C right now). Maybe some showers later. Said to be warming up, a bit, from about Sunday onwards. One lives in hope…

#181423 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Much the same here although a bit cooler at 0c

#181444 Reply
    Georgie

Very nice so far, if a little breezy.  No snow, any way.  So far.

This morning I noticed that the 3 tulips I planted out the front over 10 years ago have grown again.  I planted £50 worth of assorted bulbs at the time (I used the right kind of fertiliser and everything!), but only half even tried to grow (our soil is vicious plus I’m a terrible gardener) and the rest only flowered once.  Except for these 3 tulips, which come up every Spring.  It’s a pity they never get to flower.  I planted them too close to the edge of the drive (told you I was terrible) and every year they go under the front wheels of my car as DH reverses it off the drive on an extra tight trajectory to avoid some car parked on the road opposite us . . .

I’ve no idea what colour they are.

Sad, really.

😀

#181550 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, crisp and clear. Doing about 4C right now. Said to improve later in day, maybe. Next week looking warmer but wetter. Proper English spring then. 😉

Hey, @Georgie any news on your Puma? I remember initial thoughts were for an April delivery but I’m guessing that will have slipped by now?

#181551 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

-3c when I got up at 7.30 -1 at present but blue skies

The heating went back on which I was hoping to keep off till later in the year.

#181557 Reply
    Georgie

Making the most of the Sunshine to clear out the garage this morning.  Sounds of a mousie in the walls, between the floors and ultimately in the loft last night, and investigation of the garage revealed incriminating evidence of ingress hidden behind a carelessly placed box of bird fat-balls.  Removing food source, blocking hole, and general clearing out of redundant ‘junk’.

I’m the official Cardboard Box Label remover and Box Breaker Downer.

Hey, Tharg.  I should be picking the Puma up on Monday (4th).  I’ve been well lucky there – ordered on 10th January and getting it 4th April, only one day beyond the end of my original Lease period.  I have double-checked with Motab. that the Lease and Insurance cover have been extended to cover that extra day (until 30th May, in fact).

#181560 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Brilliant, Georgie. A normal delivery period. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Do tell us about new steed when you get a chance.

#181569 Reply
    joss

Lovely car for car washing. Nice, if cool out of doors. However!!! Oc over night.

Hello @Georgie Nice choice on the puma. I have taken a liking to the new Kia sportage

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#181579 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Joss!

Yes, the grass was still a bit frosty this morning (-4c last night) when I was out chopping the boxes with my trusty hunting knife.  Not quite the same as rabbiting, or dressing a deer – plenty of fibre, but not much in the way of meat . . .   🙂

I haven’t looked at the Sportage until now (too big for my needs), but you’re right – it’s a nice looking beast.  Especially like the metallic ‘Experience Green’.  Are you in the market for renewal at the moment?

#181580 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Tharg!

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned at least a dozen times in various threads (!) it’s the 155 bhp Vignale in Desert Island blue.  An extra £100 on the AP over the next grade down (ST-line X) gave me, as standard, heated electric leather seats with massage function, plus leather steering wheel (*no doubt 100% vegan leather) and LED headlights and rear lights.  If I’d got those as Options on the ST-line X would have cost another couple of grand!

But the thing is, it was the only Puma with a front parking sensor as standard.  That’s all I wanted.  It would have cost an extra £450 to get is as part of the ‘Parking Pack’ on the ST-line X.  Crazy.

#181610 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yeah, Georgie, some of the extra “Packs” are just bonkers combined with APs which don’t make sense. When I got the (dearly departed) Mini I paid out less for the top-range Cooper S Exclusive model than the mid-range Cooper standard would have cost me. Didn’t have that trouble with the T-Roc since there was not that much choice in the range. Like you, though, still had to pay extra for parking sensors. All quite unlike the Skoda Superb which came with everything as standard: electric adjustable heated seats, fully adjustable suspension, power tailgate, pair of umbrellas in doors and even a bloody altimeter!

Weather has delivered the goods this p,m. Now off to power up the Quattro, sorry, Honda mower, and see to front lawns before the foercast wetness of coming week

#181621 Reply
    joss

Hi, Joss! Yes, the grass was still a bit frosty this morning (-4c last night) when I was out chopping the boxes with my trusty hunting knife. Not quite the same as rabbiting, or dressing a deer – plenty of fibre, but not much in the way of meat . . . 🙂 I haven’t looked at the Sportage until now (too big for my needs), but you’re right – it’s a nice looking beast. Especially like the metallic ‘Experience Green’. Are you in the market for renewal at the moment?

Yes @Georgie I am indeed in the market for renewal as of last week. However, I did extend my current lease on the BMW for 2 years. Mainly because I did not think the new Sportage would make onto the scheme.

Going to arrange a test drive soon.

Joss

#181664 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Yes @Georgie I am indeed in the market for renewal as of last week. However, I did extend my current lease on the BMW for 2 years. Mainly because I did not think the new Sportage would make onto the scheme.

I didn’t think the Sportage would be on so soon thats why I got the Tuscon. Though in hindsight I’m glad I did because I don’t think the Sportage comes with full leather which I wanted.

Blue skies and another chilly -2c start to the day.

#181667 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Tharg!

It does seem vital to always check out Higher AP v. Cost of Option Packs.  I know the APs are calculated on what Motab. expect to get when they sell the car at the end of the Lease, so I’m guessing that cars with the fancy stuff ‘as standard’ generally sell for more than cars with the same fancy stuff added.  Does that sound plausible?  It’s not something I’ve really thought about until now.

My sister’s owned several second hand Skoda Octavias and at least one Superb in the last 20 years and now she won’t buy anything else.  Though she does say the more modern ones are a lot less ‘indestructible’ than the old ones, which is a pity because as a frequenter of Country Shows she tends to fill the seemingly pan-dimensionally huge boot of her cars with vast food hampers, small marquees, wild beasts in sturdy cages, sacks of beast food and care equipment, a huge beach umbrella, at least one wheelchair, walking sticks, walking sticks with little seats attached, and countless other assorted paraphernalia and and then drive ‘All terrain’ across fields (some ploughed) to reach back-of-beyond locations in Gloucestershire.

What she really wants is a Caiman MRAP.  And really, who wouldn’t?

#181668 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Joss!

Would you be going Manual or Auto?  I was particularly eyeing up the 226bhp Petrol Auto (AP £3,999) and thinking “That’s the one!”  >:-D

Let us know how the test Drive goes, obviously.

#181669 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

so I’m guessing that cars with the fancy stuff ‘as standard’ generally sell for more than cars with the same fancy stuff added.  Does that sound plausible?

Hi Georgie, Yes you find this to be case when you or mb come to sell a vehicle.

The lease I have just handed back was a Superb and it well and truly lived up to it name.

#181680 Reply
    joss

Hi, Joss! Would you be going Manual or Auto? I was particularly eyeing up the 226bhp Petrol Auto (AP £3,999) and thinking “That’s the one!” >:-D Let us know how the test Drive goes, obviously.

Yes I will let you know. It will be the auto @Georgie.

Joss

#181721 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Never could understand the complete illogical nature of APs. When ordering my T-Roc, could have had a Golf GTD or GTE for about the same AP – much less than a standard “cooking” Golf hatch. Chose T-Roc for shorter delivery time.

The MRAP sounds perfect for your sister. Carry anything, anywhere and no need for park-sensors. Just find a parking slot and push!

Have to agree with her, and kezo. Brilliant cars Superbs. Had two of them. First a Dieselgate 4×4, second a 2wd petrol with 240-ish bhp. Both lived up to name. In fact, deciding point in ordering T-Roc was that the drivetrain was close to the ideal Superb mechanics of petrol 2.0L 4Motion.

If I ever have to leave the scheme, top choice will be a secondhand 280bhp petrol 4×4 Superb Lauren and Klement (the one the rozzers use as a motorway Q-car that can catch anything).

#181759 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

What a surprise it’s raining!

#181811 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started badly. Cold, dark, wet. Improving. Still less than warm but not raining and a bit brighter. Rest of week is meh!

#182167 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Chucked it down overnight. Clearing now. Quite bright, dry, about 8C, forecast to be heading for 12-ish. Windy, though.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,451 through 2,475 (of 2,910 total)
Reply To: Reply #181680 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: