Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,301 through 2,325 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #177277 Reply
    ajn

Still quite dark out there, 7*, wet but not raining 🙂…

Blackbirds everywhere across the grass, and I take it this years Robins have paired as usually they are very territorial and fight spending lots of time out there lately..

Great songs from them..

#177279 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear and oddly warm (7C). Going to chuck it down later. Ho humm.

Have seen the Wood Pigeons mating. Already! Stupid things. Far too early. Any broods will be lost to weather.

#177315 Reply
    joss

Its dull with light winds, Encountered a little rain on my way back from Blood test Monday. 💉🩸

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#177367 Reply
    ajn

Dudley & Eunice 👀

#177368 Reply
    POPS

There’s a heavy grey mist moving towards me across the Severn Valley.

Earlier the valley looked like an abstract painting with the Cotswold edge running from Broadway Tower to Cleeve Hill behind Cheltenham etched in black and grey. The fields either side of the River Severn were an eerie mix of translucent green and yellow formed by the sun through thin cloud, and the nearer ground sloping up to the Malvern Hills were muted browns and beige.

As I type the mist has rolled back and white fluffy clouds have appeared. It’s an ever changing vista.

#177375 Reply
    MrBMW
    Participant
    #177442 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey. Windy. Not cold. Getting windier. Going to be very wet very soon. ☔

#177443 Reply
    ajn

Mildish 9*, windy, wet and rain eerrhhh

#177467 Reply
    ajn

Oh well absolutely pouring down, hard straight with a sudden change of wind taking it sidewards … stuck inside bored, Mrs Ajn finishing working from home soon 👍……..

🦩🦢🦭🦈💦💧🌊🪣

#177494 Reply
    POPS

I’m looking out of my window over a patchwork of fields and Bredon Hill is standing out clearly from the higher Cotswold ridge set behind it. It reminds me of a poem by John Drinkwater who wrote this about a century ago:

‘At Grafton”

God laughed when he made Grafton

That’s under Bredon Hill,

A jewel in a jewelled plain.

The seasons work their will

On golden thatch and crumbling stone,

And every soft-lipped breeze

Makes music for the Grafton men

In comfortable trees.

You guys and girls must stop me if my ramblings about the scenes that surround me are getting too repetitive, but even on a nearly sunless day there are so many uplifting vistas.

It’s currently 8 degrees with a gentle breeze mixed with occasionally stronger blows.

#177496 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“stop me if my ramblings about the scenes that surround me are getting too repetitive”

Never, POPS. Quite the opposite. More please. Bring them on…

#177500 Reply
    ajn

Strange dried up even had slight sunshine, however looks menacing out there now..

Pops post away your words are hardly ramblings, in fact gets my imagination into gear, prompting an image in the mind, surely that must be a good thing if it’s a pleasant image..🦚🦚⛰⛰⛰🌲🌲

#177505 Reply
    POPS

Here’s a thought to warm you up (or depress us even more, lol).

Britain was on or near the equator 270 million years ago 😎! Tectonic plate shifts haven’t been kind to us.

#177513 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Very true, POPS – and there were more than 800 cars on the scheme back then as well!

#177523 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Gale force winds forecast for the next couple of days then two days of snow ⛄️ “batten down the hatches”.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#177541 Reply
    ajn

Well I can hear it out there, never a good sign…🌧💨💦🌧💨🌪

#177547 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cloudy, bright(-ish) and very windy. Forecasting gusts of 50mph plus on the coast. Not a day for a gentle stroll along the shore.

#177611 Reply
    ajn

Angry weather today, had enough being stuck in shielding..

#177617 Reply
    POPS

I’ve just been pottering around the patio area and it’s strangely warm. My phone App tells me it’s 15 degrees with a Westerly breeze at the moment. Our house is almost totally sheltered from anything but an Easterly by the spine of the hills immediately above me and some very old tall trees to the North. When the wind swung round to a Southerly earlier it whistled noisily through the trees for half an hour, but then settled back to a Westerly, which is deflected up and over my hills after transversing the beautiful Welsh Marches.

#177619 Reply
    POPS

#177620 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, too lovely for words. POPS. Would like to send snap of our “pretty” bit down by the (Sussex) coast. But would be blown away getting out of car. Drove along there this a.m. Thought it was getting cloudier by the shore. Nope, it was the whipped up sea-spray getting blown inland by, I reckon, a force 8.

#177621 Reply
    POPS

This is a view of opposite side of the Malvern Hills to my side and looks south east over the Severn Valley.. My house nestles into the downslope behind the second peak from the right. This side is a three minute drive from my house, through a heavily wooded cutting to where Herefordshire and the Welsh Marches begin.

#177632 Reply
    joss

Oh your so lucky POPs. Thats a view to be envied for sure.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#177635 Reply
    ajn

Wow you’re right there Joss, excellent pic what a great view Pops that is lovely..

Weather awful had food early, went to bed by 4pm Mrs aj needs the rest we were up last night storm watching with lots of cuppas let the storm rage on out there..bet we up again love early hours so peaceful..

Not shore about force 8 Tharg but it’s bloody wild at the moment..

Could do with a bit of the Georgie humour in this weather..

#177637 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That pathway Pops is screaming annual wmc scooter tour day …</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>12* outside so not cold I guess</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 2,301 through 2,325 (of 2,647 total)
Reply To: Reply #155582 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: