Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,226 through 2,250 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #173340 Reply
    Brydo

Absolutely joss, just back from a funeral and driving was difficult

#173341 Reply
    Georgie

BBC Weather tried to tell me it was +2c earlier, but they lie!  Outside thermometer was reading -1.5c at the time. 🙂

Now climbed to +2.4c with a cloudless sky and lots of glorious Sunshine.  Car is still a block of ice, of course.

#173357 Reply
    ajn

Blue sky, cold dry…crab apples still going, Sparrowhawk lower left, been taking lots of birds from the feeders 😐

#173500 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Frosty and clear to start. Garden temp measuring -1C at the moment. Now starting to cloud up – rain forecast for 11am or 3pm, depending on which BBC forecast you watch?! 😕

#173516 Reply
    Brydo

Tipping it down 😞

#173517 Reply
    Georgie

Quite a nippy -6.2c outside at 7am when I loaded the bird table.  Now I know how the Beatles felt, being mobbed by birds the moment they stepped outside. 🙂

Warming up very slowly (heating bill is definitely taking a hit today), and clouding over outside.  Rain forecast for later on.

ajn – if it’s possible, you could try stuffing a few leafy twigs and such (e.g. from a fir tree) on and around the bird feeders.  It will give a bit of cover to the little birds and might make it look less easily accessible to the sparrowhawk.  I’ve even used large pigeon feathers that I picked up off the grass – they bend harmlessly around the feeding birds but look solid from a distance.

#173569 Reply
    ajn

Wet and uurrmmm wet 8*

Georgie we’ve moved the feeders across more to a ivy covered wall which they were diving in for cover at the slightest move.

However the Hawk has realised this and flies one end to the other just picks them off as they scramble, mainly sparrows..

Guess the Hawk must eat to, not so bad when he grabs one of the bloody pigeons though.

Thanks for the info 👍..

#173590 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet set in seriously here. Bleurgh. ☔

Bird activity picking up a bit. Thought I saw a blackcap earlier; might have been a coal tit though. Our sparrow hawk glimpsed whizzing over garden no doubt en-route to lunch (dead lucky to get one on you snap, ajn!)

Also Mr Spotted Woodpecker posing in top of cherry tree making chup noises. Think this may be very early mating/nesting ritual. Sort of “Look what a smashing tree I’ve found, dear” to Mrs Woodpecker. Chupping for 20 minutes or so. Mrs W a no-show – probably thought tree was crap!

#173594 Reply
    ajn

Rain rain rain..

we went to bed 5.30pm so weather can do as it pleases at the moment, morning out knackered me 🙂, however great spending time with my Daughter again..

Total fluke with Hawk Tharg, hope you and yours are very well..

#173627 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started bright-ish. Now decided to chuck nasty, cold rain down. Yeurgh!

Me and mine are as well as can be expected, @ajn thanks. Just dropped Mrs T off at hospital for appointment with Consultant God. A follow-up to her operations. Only had to wait 13 months to get the slot. Ho hum… 😕

#173641 Reply
    Brydo

Snowing here and I hate snow ⛄️

#173735 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet. Cold. Windy. Bleurgh.

#173740 Reply
    joss

Ya much the same here too @Tharg. Cold as well.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#173746 Reply
    Brydo

Wet and, although not mild, warmer than yesterday. Rain overnight has washed away the snow, so I’m happy about that.

#173767 Reply
    ajn

Rainy, slight wind, not to cold, don’t know temp..
    Nice early short stroll with the wife, blustery, managed to stay dry, nice to have a stroll..

#174031 Reply
    ajn

Rain rain that Misty drenching stuff..

Nice surprise my Son finished work early, popped in & took the dog to the wooded area for a walk, we’ll stand there as he  sits almost every tree😆, he’s star shaped by the side of his bed snoring…

#174032 Reply
    ajn

Forgot to mention 9*,

Also another vote for page 88 the @Georgie post being the best I’ve ever read on here…

You can imagine as you read it great stuff..👍

#174055 Reply
    Georgie

Oh, ‘ello, my ears are burning . . .

🙂

Rather a dramatic Sunrise this morning, considering what the Beeb had threatened yesterday – heavy cloud, but under-lit all red and firey.

It stayed dry though, which was the main thing because I pootled down to Cosham this morning and ordered my next Motab. vehicle – a 155bhp Ford Puma Vignale in ‘Desert Island’ blue for no extra cost!  How good is that!

One very happy bunny here. 😀

The ‘official line’ is that delivery should be in April, but he freely admitted that, quite frankly, nobody knows for certain so he’ll just contact me when he has definite news.

Definitely feel like Friday Penguin today (this one never gets old):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7WgoUke7g

#174058 Reply
    ajn

Daffodil’s seem to be enjoying the weather, I think that’s what they are 

#174069 Reply
    Georgie

Err . . .  Maybe?  Could be snowdrops.  Could be rhubarb, for all I know. 😉

Sunset was peach-coloured today, which was interesting.

#174087 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Congrats, Georgie, on getting your order in before the gods push the Pumas into a black ‘ole. Know from own experience that you’ve spent a fair number of mornings dreading what WMCforum has to say in Car Numbers… 🚘 😊 (even managed to find a blue emojicar!)

And absolutely LOVE the penguin! 🐧

#174157 Reply
    Georgie

It’s the cut to the polar bear that always cracks me up.

Oh, hang on – washing machine requires attention . . .

Now, where was I.  Oh yes, sleepless nights coming up to Q1 and not unjustified, as we all know.  I was very, very lucky.  My ‘back-up’ choice, should the Puma AP go into orbit, was the Kia Xceed GDI at £649AP, and for Q1 the AP almost doubled on that – it’s now £1,149.

I was truly gob-smacked when the Motab chap (the wonderful Lee Harris at Hendy Ford Portsmouth) said they would absorb the extra £150 for the paint.  Thoroughly decent chap. Fully recommend him.

Oh yes, the weather – foggy this morning, neutral now.

#174163 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey. Not cold. Miserable drizzle (Mizzle?).

Again. Congrats on getting the car/deal you need, Georgie. Look forward to reading your review when it rolls in. Must get round to writing up the T-Roc. Although it is rather academic right now. Not on scheme any more and unlikely to be so for some time. Only done about 300 miles since November!

#174222 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright and clear if a little chilly (2C at the moment). Now there’s a nice change. 😊 It’s felt like it has rained since Christmas…

#174246 Reply
    joss

About the same here @Tharg

I hope things start to dry out now. Sick of damp and dingy weather…

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 25 replies - 2,226 through 2,250 (of 2,647 total)
Reply To: Reply #173767 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: