Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,051 through 2,075 (of 2,172 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166811 Reply
    Georgie

Well, seeing as jortegaa3289 is enjoying our conversation so much . . .

Don’t even get me started on Codine constipation, struth. 🙂  Anyone else enjoyed the ‘pleasure’ of Lactulose?  I always imagine I feel my teeth dissolving under the attack of sugary sweetness.

#166818 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Diet does help. Found that two glasses of powerful fresh tomato juice (lunch) and good lump of fresh pineapple (dinner dessert) can keep it under control for a few weeks.

#166932 Reply
    Georgie

{{{Tharg}}}  Quick hug for you, my friend.  Things should start feeling a bit better soon. 🙂

Though I doubt the weather is helping anyone this morning.  Cold, cloudy and I think it’s about to rain.

Still, the DVLA have finally sent me a letter saying that my next Short-term Medical Driving Licence has been approved, but that I have to send them a new photo – because they’ve had my application for SO LONG (eight months!) that the old photo is now deemed to be ‘Out of date’ BUT – to add insult to injury – if I don’t send them the new piccie within 14 days they will assume I no longer want to  renew my licence!!!

Cheeky sods!

#166936 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks for the {}s, Georgie. Slowly improving, unlike weather which is exactly the same here.

Damn presumptive of DVLA to demand a 14-day or-you’re-out snap! Trust you can print a selfie from a phone. Unfortunately I can’t and had to do a “blind” selfie with ordinary digital camera and then crop the hell out of it on my printer, which ran out of ink while trying to get the snap out!

#166947 Reply
    Brydo

“I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes” yes you guessed it “Wet Wet Wet”. Thunder storms 🌩 for tomorrow.

#166950 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’ve a geordie friend who refers to a hot day as ‘it’s a bit George and Andrew’

Wham!

#166972 Reply
    Georgie

“I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes”

I don’t.  But that’s M.S. for ya!

😉

#166976 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

16°C out there it feels like spring.

#166988 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Haha just got that one wmc, i have Geordie relatives as well.

#167021 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright(ish), some sunshine, rain stopped. Temperature already 18C. No complaints.

#167076 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Overcast with heavy showers but no thunder or lightning, as was forecast, however its a beautiful night 16 degrees and calm. Just been for a stroll and its really nice out there and our heating is off, in October, unbelievable.

#167122 Reply
    brydo

Bright and sunny today 10°C but feels warmer.

The big test is, is the heating on and the answer is no. The conservatory temp is 18°C and its warming up the ground floor. The sun will move shortly however and the heating will be on. Can’t remember ever having the heating off mid October.

#167123 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Heavy showers here today but mild colder tonight and tomorrow I’m wearing bed socks in bed now every night

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#167124 Reply
    Brydo

Passion killers Mike 😂

#167128 Reply
    Brydo

Pouring, only in the U.K. lol

#167135 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Brightened considerably now. Still damn windy though. Clear, sunny and warm (20C!!). Very nice but going to be short lived. Forecast is for max 14C tomorrow. Ho hum

#167137 Reply
    Georgie

Chucked it down over night but it was weirdly warm, too.  Not pleasant.  Then some bouncy rain this morning, then Sunshine, now light cloud.  Heavy rain again tonight, so they say.

Just in the middle of making a Lasagne.  The ‘meat’ part is cooling so I can put it in the blitzer to smooth it out a bit.  That means getting DH to haul out the Kenwood for me, because it’s far too heavy for me to lift.

Ho-hum . . .

#167139 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie I love lasagne but strangely I like it a bit burnt 🥵. Remember the first time I got it in a restaurant and it came with no chips 🍟 I asked the waitress and she laughed seemingly it comes without chips, not for me I said a side order of chinky chips please s as and some garlic 🥖 mmmmm

#167143 Reply
    Georgie

Oh yes, the cheese definitely has to be browned all over with a bit of burn around the edge.

We have garlic bread with the Porky Pasta Parcels in Carbonara sauce.  Prociutto.  Which I thought was fizzy wine, but there you go . . .

#167149 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Uncanny! Was just making a list of main courses (forget most of them in the chaos following the question: “What shall we have tonight?). Had omitted lasagne. Now on list. Agree should be crusty edges/top. Find a quick blast from grill on full afterburner helps. Either that or the kitchen blowlamp.

Kenwood is seriously heavy but indispensable for curry sauces, oxtail gravy, jerk marinade etc. Have you got the mincer bit? Really good for making your own burgers.

#167150 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Lasagne with salad and garlic bread I enjoy and trifle for pudding mmmmm

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#167181 Reply
    ajn

Fantastic thunderstorms ⚡️🌊🌬across the beach the other night, now grey, chilly with leaves flying and blowing round looking for a possible decomposing site..

9* still morning, looked like a full moon  last night, is it named hunters moon 🌕..

love this time of year, chopped logs on the fires 🔥

#167184 Reply
    ajn

Oh yeah love lasagne, anyway it comes will do must be steaming hot though, however burnt, with a sliced a baby tomato on top, garlic bread, chunky crispy chips, tiny bit of salad (not important though) a few cold ciders too..mmmmmmmmm

#167211 Reply
    Brydo

Sunny but cold 🥶

#167221 Reply
    ajn

13* great to walk the dog weather 

Viewing 25 replies - 2,051 through 2,075 (of 2,172 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: