Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,026 through 2,050 (of 2,078 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166080 Reply
    brydo

Cool and wet.

#166098 Reply
    Georgie

Lovely yesterday, but my back was playing extra silly beggers so I spent the day ‘sitting still and quiet’, brim-full of Cocodamol and Ibuprofen.  Weather a bit worse today, but I’m quite a bit better – Ibu only today.  Yay!

#166183 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey, wet, bleurgh. Not cold though, doing about 17C right now.

#166209 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Wet and miserable but mild.

#166273 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Brilliant day thus far. Bright, clear and far from cold. Thermometer says 14C but feels much warmer. Beautiful, classic English autumn day. Actually wore me Panama titfer. Didn’t really need it. Just felt like last tiny bit of summer…

#166276 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Wet and miserable but mild, again.

#166284 Reply
    Georgie

Foggy first things and didn’t burn off until c. 10am.  After that it’s been brilliant sunshine, very little breeze and about 15c outside at the moment.

Currently trying to arrange a Test Drive in a manual Ford Puma Vignale. ‘Think Ford’ Guildford only have a Vig. in auto.  But they do have a manual ST-Line X, which is one grade down but with the same suspension and handbrake as the Vig., and those are the two things I particularly want to check out, their Motab. Rep. has to see if I can have a Test Drive ‘from home’.  Rep. will ‘phone or email me on Monday.  (I’d rather test drive it around the roads I know and use rather than around some unfamiliar Billiard Table-smooth route around the top of Guildford as suggested by the Rep, who will be accompanying me.)

I know it’s a bit early, but I want to do the Test Drives in decent weather rather than wait until December and then have to deal with rain, snow, ice, etc.

#166310 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Brilliant start again. Clear, sunny. Bit crisp in the temperature department though, 11C-ish. Forecast says it might get a bit cloudy later. So long as it stays dry, don’t care. Managed to do half a lawn-mowering yesterday. Hope to finish it today. Probably the last of the season.

Test driving on your “home” roads is really the only way if you can do it. There’s one quarter-mile section of carriageway here made from those square concrete blocks. Any test car which can negotiate this without breaking even more of my vertebral discs in worth considering.

#166320 Reply
    Georgie

Overcast with a light breeze here this morning, and I’m feeling a bit cold today.  Probably just need more tea. 🙂

Regarding the proposed test drive – I have a ‘circuit’ of roads around here that cover every level of surface I can reasonably expect to drive on, from the nice smooth A272 to a pot-holed gravel lane.  (If I were feeling particularly evil I’d drive us into Rowledge and take him up Rosemary Lane just to watch him sweat . . .  Mind you, I’m not sure my nerves could take either.)  I could take it for a blast along the A31 but I don’t think it would gain me anything.  I know from reviews how well it accelerates and how fast it can go, and the road’s too straight to to test the handling.

It’s probably all moot anyway and I’ll end up pottering around Jacob’s Well or stuck in traffic in Guildford.  We’ll just have to wait and see what his Boss says.

#166369 Reply
    ajn

Wow 6* this morning, bright, clear sunny but  it’s been 12-15* in the mornings😳, feels blooooody freezing this morning🤣,  been away for awhile West Wales, going back in a week or so..
    Lots more of trolling for pike hopefully😁👍

#166448 Reply
    ajn

Temp upto 17* earlier, 15* now patchy cloud, bright and still…

🌤☀️🌤☀️

#166449 Reply
    struth
    Participant

we held 12c here most of day. forecast to stay this way as well.  not bad for october

#166506 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Starting bright, clear and well chilly here (7C right now). Forecast says it’ll cloud up a bit and warm up too. Last bits of gardening to be done – packing up/wrapping pots and hanging baskets.

#166533 Reply
    Georgie

Cloudy with sunny bits, but breezy.  12ish c at the moment.

Still waiting for Ford guy to get back to me regarding the Test Drive.  It’s like Déjà vu all over again.

#166536 Reply
    brydo

13°C and overcast, no wind or rain so ok-ish.

#166743 Reply
    Georgie

Seems the weather’s been so ‘Meh’ recently that we’ve forgotten about it!  But Credit where credit’s due – it was a lovely Sunny day here yesterday and it’s going to stay dry until Monday.  Then we can start complaining about the rain again.

#166747 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Mild

#166750 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

beautiful day, sun shining since morning, bit cold out of the sun but fantastic.

#166751 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cloudy. Feels warmer than it is (14C). Meh, definitely. Just like me right now – bluddy tramadol!

#166775 Reply
    Georgie

Yeah. Tramadol will do that. 🙁  I’ve only had it post-op but I remember what it was like, so you have my sympathies.

{{{Tharg}}}

Hope you feel better soon.

#166786 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sympathies much appreciated, Georgie. Trouble with Tramadol is that it is so good at pain control. Still have trouble walking, even when taking it. Without it, can hardly get across a room. When it kicks back, as now, can’t eat for a couple of days and lucky to get two-hours kip without interruptions (stops Ropinirole functioning).

• This reply was modified 5 days, 20 hours ago by Tharg. Reason: edited for confusion (another side effect)
    #166788 Reply
    struth
    Participant

ive been on tramadol for years now. currently 8 a day.. its the best pain reducer imo for doing job and not having too many side effects.

usually only 6 but since damaging my knee i need more to be able to walk lol

#166791 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Same dosage here, struth. Trouble for me is constant constipation punctuated every six or eight weeks with serious stomach upset as one’s digestive system tries, and fails, to normalise.

Weather btw is crap. Cloudy, cold (especially at 3am!) and miserable. Meh to Bleurgh.

#166794 Reply
    Georgie

Very gloomy around here at 7am.  Heavy grey clouds.  Mich brighter now, though.

DH his just taken delivery of a new French Press coffee maker and is experimenting away in the kitchen.  I’d better go back out and see how much mess I’ll need to clean up once he’s done. 😉

#166797 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Yup. Same dosage here, struth. Trouble for me is constant constipation punctuated every six or eight weeks with serious stomach upset as one’s digestive system tries, and fails, to normalise. Weather btw is crap. Cloudy, cold (especially at 3am!) and miserable. Meh to Bleurgh.

yeah i get the odd styomach upset. i found stopping gluten and lactose helped a lot(dunno the connection tho), and reduce hot spicy stuff. guess everyone will be different tho. i found codeine based ones worse for that and constipation

i dont really have the constipation now. i eat plenty of greens even tho im not that keen on them, and lots of mineral water.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 18 hours ago by struth.
Viewing 25 replies - 2,026 through 2,050 (of 2,078 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: