Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 21 replies - 1,976 through 1,996 (of 1,996 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163869 Reply
    ajn

Love the lost hat pic 👏

#163879 Reply
    ajn

18* grey sky, raining straight down no wind,….

just had to replace the door rollers on the greenhouse👍…

Why didn’t you wait for the rain to stop I heard from the window?

reply,

uuuuuurrrrrmmmmm I don’t know, I’m now soaked🤨 ..🤣

#163901 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“I’m now soaked” Yes, Mr Ajn – you are soaked. But you are also worthy! Enjoy the moment…

#163935 Reply
    Georgie

Oh boy.  It’s been an ‘interesting’ 3 days that has left me far too knackered to detail.  All is currently well, but . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#163941 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well we got a couple of hours of heavy rain yest afternoon but no sound and light show we were promised thunderstorms v disapointed. although the rain was welcome cleared the air a little.

bit dull today but warm and muggy hopefully it will clear up later.

#164010 Reply
    ajn

Hmmm just woke up, looked through the high window at this sky, oh maybe back to bed 😳😴…

#164011 Reply
    ajn

Volvo app saying 18*, and now it’s pouring down hard straight in the still air🙄… Great Day yeasterday I became another year younger, oh ok older then..🎂🍰☕️🍺🍻🍾🍽☕️🥮🍨😁🤣👏😂😍😀🥰🥳🤩 now 😮‍💨..

#164013 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mixed bag today, I reckon. Sunny spells right now and doing 18C. Should reach about 23C later.

Hope you’re recovering from your “interesting” days, Georgie.

#164020 Reply
    Georgie

More interesting than expected, Tharg.  Mum’s been in and out of hospital after collapsing, incoherent, on Wednesday evening.  She was taken in again last night and my sister and older brother were “asked to come in” by the hospital (A&E) about and hour ago, and the ‘One visitor only’ rule has been lifted for them, which doesn’t sound good.  Sister will call with further information as and when she gets any.

#164024 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, Georgie… I do hope that things work out OK. Our thoughts with you {{{G}}}

#164032 Reply
    ajn

Sending best of luck wishes here Georgie..

#164033 Reply
    Georgie

Thanks. 🙂  There’s been no new news yet.

The thing is, I went up to give my sister moral support because she’s hyper-manic, easily stressed and has a bit of a major phobia about dentists.  (When her dentist of 20 years semi-retired and moved to Tetbury he kept her on his books at the new place so she wouldn’t have the stress of getting used to a new dentist.)  When I got there her car (Skoda Octavia) was blocked in on the drive by a ‘mystery car’ none of the neighbours knew anything about, and she and 3 neighbours had already failed to reverse the car out.  Luckily, when our older brother arrived to look after mum while we were out (sister now being mum’s live-in carer), he managed to guide her every move and she finally got the car out, but it literally took 10 minutes of minute manoeuvring back and forth and we’d lost most the hour of ‘extra time’ we’d given for the drive, which made for bit of a fraught trip!

And then when we got back we found we’d lost a bolt from the footrests of my wheelchair and it wasn’t to be found.  Ho-hum.  But we thought ‘Well, if that’s the worst that happens . . . ‘

#164086 Reply
    Georgie

Better news – Mum has a Strep. infection in the upper bowel that made her delusional and the hossie staff needed help ‘talking her down’ and calming her before they could safely do more tests – it being Saturday the psychiatric department was closed, so no help there!  Things calmed down after a couple of hours with my brother talking to her, so now we’re waiting for the result of the latest tests, plus an ultrasound to pin-point the exact location of the infection so they can do targeted antibiotic treatment.  Apparently the delusions are typical of this kind of infection, now that they know what kind of infection it is.

The lesson from all this – Don’t take a psychotic break in Oxford at the weekend.

#164089 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Good news, Georgie. Outlook should be good. Mrs T’s late mum had same infection some years back. Delusions, hallucinations (marching band coming through the living room, Spitfires parked in kitchen etc). Once treated it all goes away. How you cope with all this is a marvel – always so clam and in control. You are a true wonder!

#164235 Reply
    Georgie

Today there will be rain, followed by heavy rain with some thunder, then more rain.  All done and dusted by 6pm, when Sunny spells are expected.

Tharg – Mid-afternoon my mum accused the doctors and nurses of being Nazis who were trying to do experiments on her and steal her organs.  Having apologised profusely, by the evening she was drinking tea and scoffing sausage and mash.  Nurse said it was a common delusion for people of that age group (the Nazi thing, not the sausage and mash).

Having returned negative test results 3 times, the Hospital discharged mum last night.  My sister got the ‘phone call to inform her of this while she and brother were waiting for the lift up to the ward to visit, so no chance to get the house ready.  If they’d known there would then be another four hour wait for the Pharmacy to produce the antibiotics mum needed to take home then brother could have stayed at the hospital while sister went back, tidied up, ran the hoover around, fed the cat, had something to eat and returned to pick mum up – but No.  The got home just after 10pm.  Mum has to go back in a couple of weeks for a coloscopy, to make sure the infection is still gone.

I’m not the one who had to deal with all this – my sister and older brother both qualify for Sainthood.

I tend to think of myself more of an oyster – laying in bed all day, but with just a speck of grit inside. 🙂

#164269 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dear Oyster… you ma’s “experiences” sound just the same as Mrs T’s mum. Unlike some other medical hallucinations (ketamine induced e.g.) they seem to have no lasting effect and can be “put away” quite easily. Quite a common condition so I hear. Don’t hear of it because sufferers and their close-ones don’t want to be thought of as bonkers!

The hospital pharmacy delay is par for the course. Often better and quicker to get the scrip and take it to local pharmacy. Mrs T’s one took 16 hours – gave up after two-hour wait. Took her home and came back for the earliest pick-up in the late afternoon next day. Why hospital pharmacy delays are so chronic defeats me. As does the fact that even the Quality Control surveys find it unacceptable but nothing gets done about it. Probably just another step in the privatisation plan.

#164293 Reply
    Georgie

Dull start but brightening up a bit now, with Sunny spells due this afternoon.  Considering going out for a bit, but not sure yet.  Maybe tomorrow.

I rang my mum yesterday afternoon.  She’s a bit confused due to the infection “playing tricks” – apparently she has “a man constantly singing” in her head.  ‘He’ started the day with the Welsh national anthem (her mother was Welsh and mum was born in Wales), then the Scottish national anthem (her father was a Scot), before moving to Italian (which she doesn’t speak at all) with Nessun Dorma from Turandot, and then Living la Vida Loca!

So her subconscious has a sense of humour, but she really wished he’d shut up so she could watch the cycle-racing in peace. :-/

#164297 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started grey and chilly. Now clearing, good sunny spells and hitting 21C. Tomorrow looks even brighter. Mowering, I think.

So glad your mum is OK, Georgie. The “playing tricks” will, I’m sure, soon wear off. Mrs T’s mum had same thing. At least she knows it is an infection causing the problem and she’s not really gone bonkers! Her sense of humour must help. If she gets the duet from Pearl Fishers, let’s hope she gets the Merrill/Bjorling version.

#164310 Reply
    POPS

Late afternoon sunshine

#164311 Reply
    POPS

Late afternoon sunshine in the Malvern Hills looking from my roof balcony.

#164312 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Looks an absolute delight, POPS. Mind you, quite a sight from my back-garden this afternoon. Heard the deep song of radial engines and glad I went out because a Catalina PBY flying boat rumbled past heading east. Didn’t know we had one in the UK. Apparently based at Duxford so probably on her way home – ancient aeroplanes are obliged to take a long route over water in case they conk out.

Viewing 21 replies - 1,976 through 1,996 (of 1,996 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: