Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 2,007 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163538 Reply
    ajn

ここはどこですか?  🤔,

20* 🌤 🙂 👍

#163541 Reply
    Wigwam

Too easy. 日本

#163542 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mi mujer dice si no hay vieiras y gambas en paella, luego no hay Tharg en casa. ¡Vale! You’d have room for more than a few chips in a Rexton. Jolly big aren’t they. Daughter has one of the smaller ones (Ventura?). Dead useful for toting loads of large stuff including her two big greyhounds.

Weather is brilliant. Started all fragrant and Mediterranean, light breeze and lovely. Temperature hit 24C just after lunch. Perfect for mindless. rewarding pastimes like cutting lawns and – the ultimate – shelling fresh peas, sat in garden, brain in neutral, just watching stuff flying by overhead. Highlights this afternoon were low-flying kestrel dodging through garden and burbling Tiger Moth not quite doing aerobatics. Should be OK weather until at least Thursday, they say. Get yer windows open, Georgie. Ours are in full aircon mode now!

#163543 Reply
    ajn

Nid oedd i fod i fod yn anodd, Wigwam, but what’s with all the lingua straniera here..🤨🌤

#163544 Reply
    Wigwam

nem én kezdtem

#163545 Reply
    ajn

Ek was net nuuskierig oor hoekom, 🤔..

22*🌤 now..

#163552 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Excellent thread. A global thread.

#163569 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hot and sunny till Thursday I love it

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#163570 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Meanwhile, back on topic and in one’s own native language: The chamois is well Robin. Bath bun in the cloud sevens and very auntie Dot. Making a pony in Cs. I’ll be getting a Charlie Chan on me loaf.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Tharg. Reason: Edited for a Cadbury's
    #163573 Reply
    joss

Ah OK Brydo.

Meanwhile, 18c and looking to be a nice warm day out of doors.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#163580 Reply
    ajn

Fog/mist across the water 4am this morning, out for a few hours pike fishing, only one caught today by myself, tiny tbh about 12”..

19* now 🌤, I feel shattered now, didn’t sleep last night, bet I will tonight though..

#163591 Reply
    POPS

It’s a beautiful calm and sunny day here in the Malvern Hills. My grandchildren are back at school today and the silence is really therapeutic.

I’ve just been sat high up on the second floor balcony surrounded by the late 2nd flowering wisteria and I feel like I’m the last man on earth.

Yesterday was a much different vista, as there were para gliders climbing on thermals and repeatedly circling over our house. They take off from the top of the Malvern hills approximately 500 feet above us, and land literally at the bottom of our garden where there is a landing area especially for them. At one moment I counted 14 para gliders of all shapes, colours and sizes, including tandems and delta wings, all in the air at one time. It was like a surreal multi coloured painting against a clear blue sky. Some were very high and looked like dots and others were less than two hundred feet above me filling my vision. When they land I actually look down on them for the last few feet of their flights.

I’ve probably bored you all with the long description, but it lifts my heart to see such exciting and unusual beauty.

#163599 Reply
    Georgie

It sounds really lovely, Pops, and I understand exactly what you mean.  It’s a sight that ‘lifts the soul’.

I get a kick out of watching the para-gliders launching off the west face of Butser Hill (assuming it’s not totally over-run, as it has been this Summer) because the car park is next to the edge.  Ditto watching the wind-surfers from West Beach car park on Hayling Island, which has also been like a mad house this Summer.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by joss. Reason: Removed joss and replaced with Pops. I got your back Georgie lol
    #163637 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“Bored”, POPS? No way! Utterly enchanted. Keep posting ’em, please. Don’t get para-gliders here. Occasionally get real, proper gliders though, launching somewhere up on South Downs. Was taking to a pilot of one of ’em the other day. He was launched from here (Worthing-ish) and rode thermals all the way to Oxford and then back again. Quite amazing with no engine involved. Round trip some 140 miles.

Meanwhile, weather is delightful again. It’s perfectly clear and already gone over 20C. Happy bunnies, thank you, weather gods.

#163669 Reply
    ajn

20* not far off 10.30am, another warm one, hopefully not as hot as yesterday..😓

Pops you mention bored, I must admit some long post on here I give up reading, not that there boring, just I get fed up with not getting to the point..😂

However your photos I do enjoy, love seeing photos, saves so much typing too..👍

#163677 Reply
    Georgie

Tharg – I amazed that glider pilot didn’t get lost and miss the turn, now that the cooling towers at Didcot Power Station’s have all gone.  Gliders used to circle them to gain some height before heading off again.

A little too hot for me.  I’m not good in heat because my body thermostat is somewhat busted.  I’m intending to drive up to Oxford tomorrow and then on to Tetbury with my sister  – she has dental appointment (and some stuff to drop off to a friend in Frampton Mansell) and I’ll be left sitting in the car while she’s away.  I must remember to pack my fan and take my big purple hat with me. 🙂

#163694 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

27c. Sunny with a light breeze

#163699 Reply
    ajn

Couple of cold ciders out the garden later, with these temps

#163706 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

v warm today loveley. too warm to rake up grass cuttings and put them in the green bin. so that will have to wait for the sun to move round lol.

#163722 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Georgie – navigating light aircraft (and gliders) used to be all about recognising motorways and railway lines. These days it is just GPS. Boring but safer (get the wrong side of the M25 in Essex and you’ll get a very angry shout from Stansted airport!). Sorry the heat is a bit much – but you do get an excuse to don the Purple Hat!

#163725 Reply
    Georgie

I can’t find the purple hat!  

It’s my ‘Quangle Wangle’ Big Straw Hat with a purple ribbon and tiny golden bees on the brim and everything and I can’t find it!

“For his Hat was a hundred and two feet wide,

With ribbons and bibbons on every side

And bells, and buttons, and loops, and lace,

So that nobody ever could see the face

Of the Quangle Wangle Quee”

#163774 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ah, that’d be this one then..?

Keep searching, Georgie. You simply cannot lose a titfer like that!

#163775 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sorry, forgot the weather. Same as. Peaked at 27C yesterday. Expect same today. Sunny and bright. All to change overnight. Thundery showers? We should be so lucky!

#163864 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

We should be so lucky” Well, we are! There’s been a doozy of a thunderstorm/storms going on since about 7.30. Mostly some 20-30 miles or more out south-east in the channel. Some bits less than a mile away very bright! Very loud! Most enjoyable.Thank you, weather gods.

#163868 Reply
    ajn

How strange we had thunder spots mid afternoon, spotted patio and around with large spots of water and stopped nothing since, heavy grey cloud 18* 23.45 😐..

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 2,007 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: