Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,801 through 1,825 (of 2,010 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160112 Reply
    Georgie

A little breezy but otherwise fine – a sunny 19c at the moment.

Feeling rather tired today after yesterday’s jaunt to Guildford.  Went to just have a look at a Ford Puma Vignale at the Ford showroom and even though I told them at the start that I wouldn’t be changing cars for months yet, and was literally ‘just having a look’, the receptionist arranged for one of the reps to have a quick chat and I got to sit in one to test the seat height etc

It’s gorgeous.  And so easy to get in and out of.  And even though it’s actually slightly narrower and slightly shorter than my Golf it seemed huge inside and outside.  Well pleased.  I now have to hope it’s still around by the time I can finally change cars – realistically closer to a year now that DWP have postponed my review, which should have been next month, with renewal due from November, but now it won’t be until next summer!

#160127 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I’ve got to ask – what colour, Georgie? Ford Feckless Tart Red? The black hat is extra…

Go on, you know you want to!

#160134 Reply
    Georgie

Desert Island Blue.  Definitely.

Still have Mini to look at, mind you, and that would be in BRG.  I literally had to drive past the Mini showroom to reach the Ford showroom, but by the time I’d finished my unexpectedly extended Puma inspection I didn’t have the energy to visit Mini as well.  But Guildford’s an easy drive from here so I’m sure I’ll visit in due course.

Again – I’m now planning a year ahead again and it’ll all be different, anyway.

But seriously – a very nice car for the AP.

#160200 Reply
    Georgie

Cool, wet and windy, with sunny spells.  Just had a heavy downpour and now it’s clear blue skies again.  Take a look at the ‘satellite image’ on BBC weather site – a beautiful spiral of rain clouds covering the whole of England.

#160206 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well what a difference a day makes lol.

my knees think its winter.

from 22+ degrees down to 15  and its piffing down anyone would think it was november or february.

i may have to put the heating on.

#160227 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather Gods very confused. Wet, cold, dryer, sunny and warm. All in about two hours. Wind still blowing its heart out. Watched a rail Little Egret  trying to fly west in this south-westerly. Egret not the most aerodynamically powerful bird. Flying at 45degrees into wind. Hope it made it to river where it can shelter in the bullrushes.

#160246 Reply
    joss

well what a difference a day makes lol. my knees think its winter. from 22+ degrees down to 15 and its piffling down anyone would think it was November or February. i may have to put the heating on.

Very much the same here @mitch including the knees

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160329 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thoroughly mixed here. Started nicely sunny and warm. Clouding up now and the northerly making it cooler (18C in garden). Forecast. maybe some rain later on. Starting to feel like autumn. 😕

#160331 Reply
    joss

light gray skies and temp of 16c make it nice and cool, though not fresh. 76% chance of more rain…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160452 Reply
    Georgie

Nice so far today with light cloud cover and no breeze at the moment, despite the BBC forecast currently (and rather ambitiously, imho) saying 77% chance of a thunderstorm from 5pm.

I feel like I’ve spent the last 3 days with my head feeling like it’s stuffed with cotton-wool, constantly tired and I can’t stay focused. (Shouldn’t ‘focused’ have 2 s’s?)

#160454 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet, wetter, wettest. No sun. Barely making 15C in garden. 😕

Past participle of focus is optional on number of s’s but still “looks wrong” whichever way you type it!

#160455 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Glorious sunny day hardly a cloud in the sky. Rain tomorrow though.

#160460 Reply
    joss

turned out nice again👍

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160504 Reply
    ajn

Yeah weathers great get out there if poss, operation catch a pike (only common fish really I’ve never managed to catch)

#160510 Reply
    Georgie

Are you planning to eat it, ajn?  They’re reported to be rather tasty, just beware of the bones.

Never did get that thunderstorm yesterday.  Today it’s a tad cooler with light cloud, but still pleasant.

#160511 Reply
    ajn

No Georgie just catch it try to look brave holding it then let it go..

I have caught just about every sea fish through out West Wales and fresh water, just never got one of these, did miss a follow/attack of one as a young lad though.

#160512 Reply
    joss

Yet another fine day here. Sun has been blazing since early doors. No cloud and a nice 17.5c out doors.

Regarding the Pike ajn. There is a boating lake near by that is fed by natural springs. It also has 3 deep shafts in there also. We used to hire a row boat and fish that area with spinners. Had some nice catches there. Back in the day.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160515 Reply
    ajn

Yeah these summer months perfect for spinning/lures Joss hoping to get out there soon, then nothing left to strike of my fishing list, I’ll probably call it a day then..

#160534 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Rain today, probably too late to save my moss lol.

#160542 Reply
    Georgie

Used to go fishing with my older brother when I was about 10 – he’d fish and I’d watch, wander or read a book.  I remember he caught a pike one time but it was badly diseased and he didn’t want to return it to the pond or handle it so he could dispatch it with a priest, so he . . . smacked it to death against a tree trunk.

#160543 Reply
    ajn

We’ll probably for the best Georgie, I think your brother did right..

I once shot a large mirror carp with a shotgun due to a massive hole in its side due to some sort off disease or possible pike attack, obviously not much left of it and instant death, the magpies & crows cleared up, I was 13..

#160544 Reply
    ajn

Oh yeah, 16* cloud in parts sunny, prefer this sort of weather☀️🌤☀️..

#160548 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Improving at the moment. Got sunny all of a sudden and temp went from 16C  to 22C. Not much wind either. Really not unpleasant summer’s day.

Talking of wildlife, cabbage white caterpillars are munching their way through our nasturtiums. They are still holding on to blooms, though, just losing leaves. Reckon the beasts are welcome to ’em. Don’t seem to chomp anything else and do a lot of pollinating when they get t0 butterfly stage.

#160563 Reply
    Georgie

You had a shotgun at 13?  If I may ask – Are you a ‘country lad’ or did you grow up in a country with more liberal gun laws?

#160564 Reply
    Georgie

Or, possibly, the son of a Bank Robber?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,801 through 1,825 (of 2,010 total)
Reply To: Reply #144562 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: