Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,776 through 1,800 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Georgie

South of England’s supposedly got at least another 24 hours of thundery weather to go, Wigwam, so don’t despair just yet!

Participant

was cooler last night; had to switch off fan and close a couple of windows lol. been a while since that happened. about 16c now but sun is now out si i expect it to warm up

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
          Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

joss

It is very overcast here 18c but nice for a change. Though still very warm last night

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Brydo
            Participant

Looks like a change to this hot spell on Monday/Tuesday. 18*C forecast from then onward with some rain. Sounds good to me👍

Tharg
              Participant

Wet, wet, wet. Not too chilly but tipping it down and, depending on which forecast you believe, it’ll remain so for rest of week. Beeb TV forecast says clear tomorrow. Beeb online forecast says tipping it down. Ho hum…

Georgie

Cool and damp.  I can live with that.  Beeb forecast says 60% – 90% chance of more thunderstorms here this afternoon and this evening.  Tharg might get some, but I’m afraid it’s not looking too hopeful for Wigwam.  Sorry, mate.

Brydo
                  Participant

Still very warm and sunny.

Participant

Carol Kirkwood is on bbc news channels 5 mins to the hour looked lovely this morning I’m missing Louise next 3 weeks while olympics on I don’t know how I’ll cope ?

Participant

Warm humid here on patio with filtered water and donut

wmcforum
                        Which Mobility Car

Breakfast of champions Mike.

Tharg
                          Participant

Sunnyish. Getting warmer (21C in garden). Started wearing proper strides, will now progress to shorts. Donuts? Breakfast of champions? Nah… that’s wurst, chips and beans which I will be having later.

Georgie

Warmer and drier this morning – 21c.  Very little breeze.

Enjoying the small pleasures – drinking tea while watching the pigeon having a whale of a time in the birdbath.

First Dog on the Moon has a lovely cartoon in the Guardian this morning that also put a smile on my face – “If all we have left to us is fleeting moments of joy, we better make them good”:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/26/if-all-we-have-left-to-us-is-fleeting-moments-of-joy-we-better-make-them-good-like-these-ones

Tharg
                              Participant

25C now. Will go higher I think. Definitely shorts!

Was unware of First Dog on Moon (only get Grauniad on Saturday). Like it. Wonderfully eccentric and bonkers. Have to agree that ripe peaches are tricky. Only way to eat them is stark naked out in garden which, sadly, can give rise to neighbour problems! 🍑

Georgie

“Only way to eat them is stark naked out in garden which, sadly, can give rise to neighbour problems!”

Not unlike Pot Noodles or Buffalo Wings (the ‘messy’ bit, not the ‘neighbour problems’).

Maybe try eating them in the bath – cool and refreshing treat during a warm soak.  Or, on hotter days, while sitting in a paddling pool.  Or, as you live on the coast, actually in the sea (if you’re able)! 😀

joss

Loving the cooler weather.

Joss

Brydo
                                    Participant

Thunderstorms tomorrow and Wednesday  ⚡️ ⛈

joss

Yes most of the country is yellow warning Brydo. Though not looking bad at the moment. Sunny 19c

Joss

Participant

Heavy shower here still humid 21 missing Louise on breakfast thank goodness Carol still on looking lovely

Tharg
                                          Participant

Chucked it down overnight. Thunder, lightning, the whole works. Cloudy this morning, threat of rain but should clear a bit by 2pm. Temperature at present 19C, should get warmer.

Georgie

Coolish 18c with light showers and Sunny spells today.  Nowt much in the way of a breeze, though.

Gosh, Tharg.  Didn’t hear a thing here last night, so I guess your storm must have come up from the south and then shot off along the Downs to Kent, or something.

Just watched the resident blackbird have an ‘ant bath’ and then proceed to eat the ants.  Seems a bit ungrateful to me – like a hungry cannibal at a Turkish Bath.  Most people would just leave a Bad Review on Trip Adviser.

Brydo
                                              Participant

Overcast but still warm, thunderstorms forecast tonight.

Brydo
                                                Participant

Overcast with sunny intervals, no sign of the thunderstorms predicted.

joss

Light showers my arse…🌩🌩🌩🔱🔱🔱

Joss

Tharg
                                                    Participant

Clear-ish. some sun, garden thermometer got broke by the wind so my guess at temperature is 19/20C. Did I mention that it is destructively windy?

joss

Mixed clouds light gray to white. Temp outside currently 18c. However its really quite windy. Temps suit me well Sir, suits you Sir.

Joss

Viewing 25 replies - 1,776 through 1,800 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.