Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

ajn where did you get that Mrs ajn model I’ve been looking for one just like that 🤪 she’s a keeper 👍

Tharg
        Participant

Er… that should be fuchsias not fuchsians. The latter, of course, are the predatory flower-beings from the planet Fuchinelle who get inside the minds of human flower-watering people and cause them to mis-spell stuff!

ajn

I’ve known Mrs ajn since 13 hrs of age Brydo, we’ve been friends, secret meetings, throughout our younger years even when not supposed to I guess, realised what’s on offer out there, came to our senses stayed together ever since, married over 25 years, Parents of a Son & Daughter..

Guess you could say she enjoys me being around…

Ive seen horrible situations in life, but never from her..

27* out there now just to stay on topic. 👍

ajn

Years of age

joss

Woow on 26 in just over an hour from 22, main reason for repost Joss I have trouble sleeping throughout the year also, however with this heat Mrs ajn kindly went got a dish of water with ice cubes & muslin cloth. soak the said cloth in iced water then wrap the cloth or cloths around both wrists covering the pulse/pulses.. I could feel the benefit with in 2 mins it’s great..also wipe over the face and neck after use around wrists.. Another tip if your hot soak cloth in water with lemon juice microwave till hot, open let most of heat and steam escape, whist still bearably hot wipe over face and neck continue till cloth is cool.. feels great

Thanks for the tips ajn.

Joss
                Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

ajn

Try it Joss, hopefully works for you too,
                  reading 32 on the car reading

Participant

cloud has burnt off now and its getting warm again. need to take car a run, so wil have aircon on full lol

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

ajn

Surely can’t be right, can it🥵

fwippers
                      Participant

Surely can’t be right, can it🥵

OOH I SAY

Participant

Participant

Very hot here already a scorcher again today I’m on my last can of strongbow in fridge

wmcforum
                            Which Mobility Car

Bit early for cider.

Georgie

Usual routine – too hot, open windows, etc.  Thunderstorms failed to materialise, of course, and the bamboo’s starting to look a bit unhappy.  Birds, on the other hand, are going mad at the watering hole – I’ve never seen such clean birds.

Wide awake at 4am this morning, which was more than usually annoying because I’m fasting for a blood test and can’t even have a cup of tea.  However shall I survive?

Participant

Bit early for cider.

only have one late afternoon or evening I drink lots of filtered water in the day

Tharg
                                  Participant

As ever, hot clear, 22C at the moment. Now, ain’t coincidence amazing? Not only, Georgie, have we both gone down the NHS’s new pre-diabetic club route. You and Mrs T are both having blood-tests this morning. She, too, is fasting and is a v unhappy bunny without morning tea. All worsened by having to take a steroid last night for the test. Bit like a snapping turtle crossed with a twiglet. I’m keeping out of the way until tea can be had after test. Bit early for watering garden but a wise move, I think.

ajn

17 at the moment, breezy though, cooling mat for the dog  arrived a few days ago he’s a bit 👀 at the moment, he’s been on it 3-4 times, I must say it works when he’s been on it, stops the panting and he sleeps longer

@Mike
                                      I too enjoy 2 thatchers haze cloudy in this heat, after 3pm though…

Have you tried the strongbow cloudy too, very refreshing over ice, sat in the sun…

I think Mike is planning ahead wmc forum for when the sun really starts to heat us all up later on..

Georgie

Discovered Henny’s Dry Cider a couple of weeks ago.  Didn’t like it cold, but quite nice at room temperature (though the room temp then wasn’t as high as it is now, of course).  The thing is, it was a substitution for Pear Cider, which I much prefer and which is almost invariably Out Of Stock by the time my on-line order gets ‘picked’.

Trying to drink enough water to stay hydrated but not so much that I’ll need to loo while I’m out.  It’s a tight-rope!

“Water?  What’s that?”  “It’s a mixer, Pats”

fwippers
                                        Participant

Hot. Hopefully last hot day.

ajn

Slowly warming up here, I’ll try that if I come across it @Georgie, I have great memories of a OLD ROSIE tent years ago to some cider festival type thing on a coach trip…

Cider wasn’t cold, along with the scrumpy stuff, serious should be respected..

sat on hay bales..

live music lots of happy people all ages simply just getting along, of course it was the ciders at work, great stuff, with no trouble 👍

Participant

AJN can I get the strongbow cloudy cider in Tesco ? I going early in morning to big store 6am before crowds

ajn

They do sell it Mike, not sure of the selling hours tbh..

25* already temp rises quickly..

Brydo
                                                Participant

Pleasantly cool after a very hot night. Cloud forecast to burn off in the afternoon so will be doing my walk, first since Sunday due to the heat, very soon.

joss

I want need a personal climate bubble so I can have control of my environment to suit me. #too hot

Joss
                                                    Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

wmcforum
                                                    Which Mobility Car

I want need a personal climate bubble so I can have control of my environment to suit me. #too hot

I have no science to back this up but once the bricks in our house warm up, it’s like living inside a hot radiator. Reverse seems to be true in winter, hard to heat the house. So basically, I’m never happy!

Wigwam
                                                      Participant

You are living in a storage heater, wmcforum.  The bricks absorb the heat during the day and give it up at night.

What you need is thicker walls,so the heat doesn’t get through. I used to live in a stone built house with 18″ walls. Always stayed cool in the summer.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.