Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,701 through 1,725 (of 1,782 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158950 Reply
    ajn

Great weather, bit too warm for bed time, nice cool air now though 00.53, Enjoy the sun while we can 👍

#158973 Reply
    struth
    Participant

currently 19c here. think its going to be a hot day. last night was much easier.

#158989 Reply
    brydo

Breaks from the sun are “phew” and far between 24°C and rising.

#159055 Reply
    ajn

🌞 lovely morning, found it too hot yesterday..

#159056 Reply
    Mike11

It’s gorgeous I love this hot weather in shorts and t shirt with ice cold air con in the car fab in my new Toyota Chr I’m as happy as Louise minchins husband

#159058 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Clear sky, little breeze, V hot. Garden thermo’ reading 20C at 6.30am. Now (9am) doing 23C and rising. No complaints.

#159085 Reply
    Georgie

Bedroom windows all flung open all night (hoping it’s even too hot for burglers!) and it’s still over 24c upstairs.  A little cooler downstairs, but the fan’s been running since 7:30am.

#159094 Reply
    joss

In the bathroom the thermometer read 29c at 02.15am. In the bedroom the thermometer read 28 c at 02.17am. no sleep despite windows open. As I have to use a APAP machine and mask, it is not nice in this heat.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159098 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i feel for you joss, its bad enough here and i dont have any breathing issues.

25 degrees already, just spent 20 minutes putting on factor 50 +, when i had hair it was ginger so i burn very easily, hence the copious amounts of sunscreen.however you must put it on well before you go out its no good waiting till your sat on the beach, it needs time to soak in. i always do 2 coats starting with the bald patch lol.

even though i wear a floppy bush hat.

even then i will only do 20 minutes/half an hour outside before coming in for a drink of squash and an ice pop or 2.

enjoy it while it lasts folks

#159102 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Feel terribly guilty, Joss, Georgie. We are enjoying heat. Thermo’ in garden now at 27C. Wonder if I had an ice cream early enough, I might get away with it?

#159110 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Some welcome clouds!

#159115 Reply
    Georgie

Grom Gelato al Cioccolato – approach with caution and treat with the respect it deserves. 🙂

Soooo . . .   I’ve had the mushroom kit up and running for a while now.  Followed the instructions, and – nothing.  Checked it out on the internet and adapted as per recommendations, and – nothing (other than it now smells like a damp dog).

It’s Official.  My horticultural talents (always dubious at best) are actually such that I can’t even grow mold.

#159118 Reply
    ajn

Oh a breeze, lovely 29* this afternoon seems cooler than yesterday..

Mrs ajn loves this heat, about 22* would do me

#159147 Reply
    Georgie

That’s what I say.  Britain has no business getting above 22c.

There is definitely a bit of a breeze here today, and it’s making things much better.

#159152 Reply
    joss

I am in talks to have the UK towed 200 miles north to best suit my medical needs. Sorry guys…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159153 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grom Gelato al Cioccolato. Oooooh! So cruel, Georgie. I have that flavour in freezer, together with Pistachio, Hazelnut and Mk 1 vanilla, on, not forgetting the wicked Tiramisu one (this one does actually make you got to Hell 😈). Can’t touch the buggers! Mrs T, however, does imbibe but you have no idea how traumatic it can be scooping one out for her and not being able even to lick the spoon! 🍨 😡

#159167 Reply
    Mike11

I love the heat I’m still on patio just had cool shower now opened tin of strong bow cider gone 10 hours without a wee sweating it out ! I’m as happy as carol Kirkwoods new billionaire boyfriend

#159176 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Stop it Mike you’re making us all hotter at the thought of you dripping wet holding nothing but a can of Strongow 🥵😉🤣🤣

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#159183 Reply
    ajn

Lovely morning, bright clear, cool breeze (oh the cool breeze) through the window, over my naked on top of the bed body..

Slept well due to the cool night air, what a relief from how warm it’s been..

looks like a great day ahead 🌞👍

#159193 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same as here. Bright, clear, garden temperature 21C at 8am. Last night was still 25C at 8pm.

#159204 Reply
    Georgie

Hope last night wasn’t too hideous for you folks.  Haven’t managed to get the temp upstairs below 25c for days.  Cool shower right before bed helps, but . . .

Up at 5am, quietly flinging open all the doors and windows downstairs, and then relocate all the wee beasties that got in overnight back out again.  Got the temp down to 22c in the sitting-room before the Sun cleared the trees at c.6:40.  Thermometer now sitting at . . . 23.5c.  Will probably turn on the fan when it gets up to 24c.

Took advantage of the (comparatively) cooler temp to get all the ‘frying’ parts of today’s Lasagne finished – onions, garlic, mince, bacon.  I’ll blitz it later, and build it this afternoon.  At the moment I’m sitting still and quiet, drinking tea and recovering from aforementioned activities. 🙂

#159207 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Warming up nicely 22* 10am😁,</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>cool showers before bed and after certainly do help Georgie..</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Sunday evening slightly hot bath, then after bathing plug out, as the hot is running out and away, cold tap on filling and mixing cold and hot, slowly taking the water temp down to almost cold, feels great…</p>

#159229 Reply
    joss

Last night it felt cooler, even though it was only 1c lower it made a difference. Still not sleeping well though and it’s really catching up with me. Today currently 24c very over cast at the moment, but when the sun breaks through temps will clime.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159233 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Now (11am-ish) at 27C in garden and rising. Glad I did the watering earlier! Stumping about with heavy watering can to feed voracious tomatoes and fuchsians plus all the other greedy little beggars is not something to be done when v. hot.

#159239 Reply
    ajn

Woow on 26 in just over an hour from 22,

main reason for repost Joss I have trouble sleeping throughout the year also, however with this heat  Mrs ajn kindly went got a dish of water with ice cubes & muslin cloth.

soak the said cloth in iced water then wrap the cloth or cloths around both wrists covering the pulse/pulses..

I could feel the benefit with in 2 mins it’s great..also wipe over the face and neck after use around wrists..

Another tip if your hot soak cloth in water with lemon juice microwave till hot, open let most of heat and steam escape, whist still bearably hot wipe over face and neck continue till cloth is cool..

feels great

Viewing 25 replies - 1,701 through 1,725 (of 1,782 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: