Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,501 through 1,525 (of 2,007 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154910 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same here. Overcast and not as warm as recently. Should brighten up though. You sound a bit better, Georgie. Hope improvement continues.

#154932 Reply
    ajn

☁️☁️☁️17•c

#154964 Reply
    Georgie

Aye, I’ve been off the cocodamol for 24 hours and the Ibuprofen ends tomorrow, hopefully.  It was only a minor shift and it’s settling again nicely.  It was just rotten timing.

#154986 Reply
    joss

Its very 💦💦💦humid. Last night was horrible and today is even worse. I do not function very well in high humidity at all. It needs to storm to bring fresh air. Please weather gods, make it so.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155010 Reply
    ajn

☁️☁️☁️☁️23.52 16•c can’t sleep

🌻

#155021 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cooler. Overcast with a hint of drizzle. Forecast says it’ll brighten a bit later. It also said less humid, Joss. So I hope that’ll make life a little easier.

#155057 Reply
    joss

Cooler. Overcast with a hint of drizzle. Forecast says it’ll brighten a bit later. It also said less humid, Joss. So I hope that’ll make life a little easier.

Ditto weather wise today Tharg. Impossible to sleep last night like @ajn . I am hopping it will be less humid Tharg thank you.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155062 Reply
    ajn

☁️☁️🌨, out the garden early hours sat on the bench, peaceful, I guess..

Sleep problems 😕, awful Joss..

#155109 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear, sunny and warm. Garden temperature already at 22C and will go higher. Some moderate gardening I think. Watering can will definitely have a role today!

#155116 Reply
    joss

A slightly cooler and fresher night (Friday) Did not go to bed until 01:30am. Managed around 3 hours sleep until Winston, one of our cats started to play games. Like rub his chin on my eyebrows, Tries to get my APAP mask off my face. Nibbling my ears. I could go on about his antics,but you would get bored.

So its over cast with a breeze with the sun breaking through now and them.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155129 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss Mate! You can’t win, can you!? When the weather lets you kip, the cat boogers it up. Same with our dog sometimes. 🐕

At least it sounds like the humidity is a little more bearable. Temperature here now reading 25C. No complaints although any gardening needing effort, like lawn mowing, has to be done a.m. Going to get hotter too, according to Beeb forecast.

#155142 Reply
    joss

@tharg It has turned out to be a lovely breezy day with low humidity \0/ yay… Have a nap this afternoon so feeling refreshed. Windows and doors open, enjoying the breeze. 23C

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155145 Reply
    ajn

Great day sun too hot for me, but the shade…. oh the lovely shade 🙂

sleep Joss, what’s that, no must admit to getting a few hours last night, much needed, guess it won’t be so tonight though…

#155146 Reply
    joss

Where’s the no sleep party at then ajn 🍷(❁´◡`❁)

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#155150 Reply
    ajn

Sleep deprivation seems a lot easier in the summer months Joss, can pop out sit on the bench for a bit of fresh air..

How ever not so in most other seasons it’s bl oo dy freezing..

#155168 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Warmer than ever. Perfectly clear, light breeze. Garden thermo’ reading 25C. Coast roads packed with parked (and trying-to-park) lemmings. Much swimming in the sea. Just hope the RNLI and Coastguard and RAF SAR helicopters don’t get overworked. Might be sunny with a warm sea, but the tides are still vicious!

#155224 Reply
    Georgie

Opened all the upstairs windows for half an hour at around 10pm last night and that got rid of a lot of the heat (down from 24c to 21c, anyway), then slept with just the top windows open.  Only trouble then is that the blackbirds were still singing at 11pm+ and then started again at 3.50am this morning!

We have a new squirrel visiting the garden, who hasn’t worked out how to lift the lid on the hazelnut pot yet.  I tried propping the lid up with a nut but the magpie pinched it. 🙂  I haven’t seen him fr a while – glad to know he’s still around.

Soooo . . .  This morning we once again have the delight of listening to the Jack Russell in the house opposite yapping until his person gets home  – for the third day in a row.  It went on pretty much all day on Saturday, then from c.9.15am until just after 1pm yesterday.  She went out just after 9 this morning and now it’s yap yap – yap yap yap – ow ow ow ow – yap – ow ow – yap.  Pause.  Ow ow ow ow . . .  If the pattern follows yesterdays and the day before, this will be followed by a shout of “Shut that bloody dog up” from her neighbour, who will then realise she’s gone out and left the dog inside with the windows open again.  When she gets home he will tell her about the noisy dog again.  She will, once again, claim it’s only barking now because she’s just got back.  Then his missus will also come out and tell her about the constant dog again.   

On the bright side – she used to have two of the bloody things.

#155227 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

On keeping a house cool…

Our rule is keep all doors, windows and blinds / curtains shut on the sunny side and open on the shady side.  Adjust as the day goes on.  And have ridiculous amounts of loft insulation to keep hot air in the roof from penetrating the bedrooms.

#155231 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Clear, bright, sunny. Temperature in garden is 26C and rising. You have my sympathies over the Jack Russell. Quite the most horrible, bad-tempered mutts I’ve ever known. If they’re not yapping and/or trying to bite you then they are definitely pissing on your carpets when you’re not around. Have had to care for two of the devils and both soaked our carpets. Clever little sods – they choose a dark colour so you can’t see it. So, some small comfort that bad neighbour Jack-owner will have squishy smelly carpets.

#155232 Reply
    Georgie

I’ve tried using the ‘closed windows and drawn curtains on the sunny side’ Cool Cave argument but His Nibs is firmly in the ‘Fling all the windows open and the air flow will keep it cool’ corner, so . . .

#155239 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I take it his Nibs has never lived in a hot climate, then.

#155249 Reply
    ajn

🌞🥵 great clear blue skies…

difficult to sleep, problem for me no matter what the weather tbh..

open everything as the sun goes down seems to help, opening loft windows for the breeze really helps.

#155258 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hot and sunny here on patio sunbathing

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#155268 Reply
    Georgie

Lived in a hot climate, no.  Visited for 3+ months, yes – Australia (Darwin, Sydney, Melborne and, usually, Canberra.  He loves Canberra), Singapore, K.L., Oman.  All air conditioned cars from ‘plane to hotel to office to restaurants, of course.  He didn’t much like the climate in Singapore, and neither did my sister when she went, separately, a few years ago.  Humidity has a while new dimension over there.  She did love South Korea, though.  Got to take a stroll through the N.Z., too, as part of her job.

#155311 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same as today. Some cloud overnight but now clear with garden temperature doing 27C at 11am. Gardening going to be very mild today. Panama hat now entering service.

Know what you mean about humidity as a new dimension. Had the misfortune to have to go to a conference in Dubai many years ago. Exiting the air-conned aeroplane was like being hit in the face with a gas barbecue set on full and a ten-tonne anvil of water dropped on your head! Horrid weather. Horrid place. No desire to go to an Arab country ever, ever again.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,501 through 1,525 (of 2,007 total)
Reply To: Reply #155109 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: