Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,476 through 1,500 (of 2,007 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154428 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

The one I drove this a.m. had the 1.5L 148bhp motor. Definitely needs the 2.0L 190bhp lump. Surprisingly easy to enter/exit. Very comfy seats and, even without the adjustable dampers which I’ve ordered, a very smooth ride. Actually a little better than a Superb. It’ll handle too,,, with the 4×4, no wheelspin out of corners. Another thing which struck me was the touch-screenery. Not as bad as I thought. Quite intuitive to use and not as distracting as I expected. Still prefer knobs and buttons though.

#154503 Reply
    Georgie

Back to Sunshine and showers today, with temperature expected to reach only 17c.Β  It’s raining right now, as it happens.Β  Doubt the windows will be open much today.

Definitely not a day for test driving with the lid down. πŸ™‚

#154511 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Wet here too. Meant to ease up after lunch, we’ll see. Agree not a good day for open-top motoring. Although, in my (long-gone) MG Midget the hat leaked so much you could barely tell the difference.

#154522 Reply
    joss

Good grief ! It’s unbelievable lvl of humidity here today. Makes me very uncomfortable with my breathing. am just totally exhausted.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154557 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hope the humidity is better today, Joss. Bright, sunny and warm here at the moment. Temperature will hit 20/21C I reckon. Central heating now off again. A lawn will need seeing to p.m.

#154564 Reply
    joss

@Tharg

Yes Tharg a much better night and a lovely fresh day here. Nice breeze keeping things puka. Son, Tom has cut the grass/daises. So now looking better.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154588 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

As hoped, the marvellous meteorology enabled much gardening pottering. Tomatoes finally in their growing beds, hanging baskets hung, watering can provided service all around. It is obviously bringing out other people and creatures: saw a pure white starling in garden today, green woodpecker very busy on palm trees and, overhead, lots of trips-round-the-bay being had from Shoreham airfield in Piper Cub and Tiger Moths. Had Spitfire over twice on Thursday. A sight and sound not to be missed.

#154597 Reply
    Mike11

Was very hot on my patio yesterday cooler today cloudy drizzle but still around 21 windows open vintage Kirkwood back tomorrow with Louise in summer fashion

#154600 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dull, cloudy and not warm. Promise of some sun later. Meh!

#154602 Reply
    joss

The humidity is back after a day off. Dull very gray and humid.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154608 Reply
    Georgie

Cool and cloudy, with light rain later.Β  Still, we managed to mow the lawn and address the worst of the weeds yesterday, so the garden looks almost presentable if you take off your glasses and squint a bit.Β  At least the rhododendrons are putting on a bit of a show. πŸ™‚

One of the pro’s of living near an airfield is an occasional ‘plane of interest.Β  I’m really annoyed the Farnborough Air Show has been reduced to Trade Only, now – rather than 5 days of Trade and 2 days of Public Access and Air Displays it’s just 5 days Trade with the 5th day open to the public “to focus on inspiring the next generation and showcasing the technologies driving new products and manufacturing processes.”Β  All the traffic jams and none of the fun.Β  To quote my sister – Well, whoop-di-bloody-do.

Still, we do get to enjoy the nightly 3 Chinook shuttle service out of Odiham flying low over the house at 11.10, 15 and 20 every night.Β  Sometimes they have their search-lights on, too.Β  No idea who they’re carrying or where they’re off to, but they’re as regular as clock-work.Β  If they flew over a bit earlier I would go out and wave. πŸ™‚

#154609 Reply
    joss

As I live in Doncaster, we used to have a brilliant Air show at former RAF Finningley, home of the mighty Vulcan’s.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154610 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Aaah! The Chinook… Wokka Wokka Wokka. Only rotor-thing louder was the Fairey Rotodyne. Saw, and heard, this monster at Farnborough back in the day. Convinced it is one of the reasons my hearing is knackered.

And talking of Vulcans, am old enough to have seen the Vulcan rolled at Farnborough too.

#154652 Reply
    Georgie

Overcast but only light cloud, expected to clear later with temps up to 21c.Β  Barely a breeze.Β  Squirrel busy working her way through a double-dose of hazelnuts as she didn’t eat yesterday’s offering.

A bit cheesed off today.Β  Had planned to meet up with my sister for outdoor lunch at a garden centre for the first time since Covid outbreak.Β  10.55 last night my back went out.Β  Instead I’m spending the day, and probably the rest of the week, moving slowly, sitting very carefully in my armchair and doing even less than usual, dosed up with co-codamol and Ibuprofen.Β  Future posts may be more than usually incoherent. πŸ˜€

#154657 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather same as yours, Georgie. Just seen Beeb forecast and it should get more sunnified. Sorry that the back is giving trouble. Hope the warm weather will help your recovery. And, please, don’t worry about incoherence… if we can’t be confusing and befuddled on here, then, well… πŸ˜•

#154677 Reply
    joss

Poor Georgie. I hope you make a speedy recovery. I know when my back goes(thankfully not that often) its a trip to GP for Diazepam. It’s the only thing that works. As my back muscles go into spasm.

Weather is looking good here by the way.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154682 Reply
    ajn

Warm, cloudy, slight breeze(thankfully).

Waiting outside in the shade for Mrs ajn, we must pop out for something🀨.

warning don’t look at pic πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

#154769 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Looks like another fab summer’s day. Clear, bright, sunny and getting warmer. Garden thermo’ reading 21C at the moment; should hit 24Cish this afternoon. Will be much watering-can activity p.m. and just waiting for the sun to open up all the daisies so they can be “harvested” along with a bit of grass. Shall try to use the Brunel to do it proper! So, Joss and Georgie, I know you’re both a bit off-colour but hope the sun might make it a bit better! 🌞😎

#154778 Reply
    joss

@ThargΒ  the sun certainly helps the joints and depression Tharg. I just finished my Government supply of vitamin D3. Well I think it was D3!

So yes a brilliant day here too.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154781 Reply
    ajn

β›…οΈπŸŒžβ›…οΈπŸŒž

#154784 Reply
    POPS

What a beautiful day.

#154812 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes POPS, it’s a great day weather wise, hope the pains, issues are better for Joss & Georgie as Tharg has already mentioned πŸ€”</p>
    🌻🌼🌸

#154861 Reply
    ajn

β›…οΈβ˜οΈπŸŒ€

#154864 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same again today, no complaints. Warm, clear and sunny. Light breeze. More gardening, I reckon, particularly the application of the watering can.

#154905 Reply
    Georgie

The Sunshine and warm weather yesterday was much appreciated, with more to come, and hotter, from Sunday according to the Beeb.Β  Sunshine I like.Β  Heat over 22c I don’t, so I’ll be staying in.Β  I certainly don’t begrudge the Sun-lovers their two weeks of Med. temperatures. πŸ™‚

Cool and overcast at the moment, though, which might hamper viewing the partial Solar Eclipse from 11am+ (peaking at 11.13 with max. 40% covered viewed from the Scottish Isles down to 20% viewed from the south of England).

Wildlife rather quiet at the moment, with no squirrel sighting for the last couple of days.Β  Did hear a woodpecker in the woods yesterday, though, for the first time to year (I think).

Viewing 25 replies - 1,476 through 1,500 (of 2,007 total)
Reply To: Reply #154557 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: