Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,451 through 1,475 (of 1,813 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #153184 Reply
    joss

I remember it snowing in June in 1975 and cricket matches were abandoned. In those days it was called β€œweather”.

Ahh the days of felt icons on weather maps, that often fell off the map.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#153238 Reply
    Georgie

Heavy rain last night but nice and sunny at the moment – all the water drops on the plants are scintillating away like glitter balls at a disco.Β  Weather forecast for this afternoon – “Hail showers and a gentle breeze”.

Squirrels nut pot was shifted around by 90 degrees this morning, so either the squirrel’s been weight-lifting or there’s a fox about – probably a young one looking forΒ  a territory.

#153239 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same here. Tipped down all night. Now quite bright but still not warm. Showers, some heavy, on and off. Forecast says dry and warmer (20C) by weekend. Yes please…

#153851 Reply
    Georgie

Some improvement in the weather.Β  Almost a dry day yesterday, but it rained in the evening even though the BBC swore blind it wouldn’t.

Grass was cut 5 days ago, but it’s already looking a bit shaggy.Β  Sparrowhawk took another pigeon yesterday and demolished it down the back of ‘the compost heap’ (the spot at the bottom of the garden where all the odds and sods gets dumped).Β  No sign of Master Fox returning.

#154081 Reply
    Georgie

A gloriously sunny morning and it’s going to get up to 18c this afternoon with a light breeze.Β  TheΒ  rhododendrons have started to flower and even the pigeons are looking cheerful.

DH adjusted the height of the pick-ups on my guitar earlier this morning and then serenaded me with Wish You Were Here while I sat drinking hazelnut coffee – which is a pretty good way to start the day in my book. πŸ™‚

#154087 Reply
    joss

Well we are off to a good start here. The sun is shining, the skies are blue,The birds are in full song. It’s a beautiful morning.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154090 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Delightfully the same here. Bright, sunny, warm. Could get even more so p.m. Forecast says 15/16C for Worthing and, because of the geography here, it is always a bit warmer. Could get 18C-ish. Very happy bunnies. Might even go down to proper summer number of clothing layers.

#154115 Reply
    ajn

Great stuff

#154150 Reply
    ajn

Short lived, it’s raining grey skies ☹️

#154153 Reply
    joss

And so. The beautiful day yesterday has not repeated it’s self to day. Bloody mawngy gray and miserable day. Sums up the weather, and how I am feeling today.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154155 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started overcast and a bit chilly. Brightening now and warming up as well. Seem to have run out of gardening jobs so will probably try to clean car, even if it does have to go back in favour of one which won’t bugger me back so bad!

#154164 Reply
    POPS

It was so nice yesterday that I celebrated by falling down the garden steps. I bounced so no harm done lol!

#154165 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, POPs! I knew the good weather couldn’t be ALL good. If it’s any comfort, I have the same problem from time to time. Have found that learning HOW to fall is a jolly good idea. Relax everything. Protect head. Roll (in that order).

#154177 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

tharg, if your stuck you can always come over to derbyshire ive still got 8m x 5m of so called lawn to dig up and compost. but def wont help your back lol.

#154187 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Would absolutely love to come over to Derbyshire but I am afraid the Mini would so splatter my backbones (what’s left of ’em) that you’d have to push me around on a gurney. Didn’t clean the beast today, stuck to some really slow cooking and trying to listen to music on earbuds. Bloody things keep falling out! πŸŽ§πŸ˜’

#154216 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started cloudy. Now almost completely clear. Warm too… put thermometer outside in the shade and it is showing 20C. Jolly nice. Proper summer clothing now order of day. Short-sleeve cotton shirt and, yes!, shorts. Damn things need an iron bit I can’t be bothered. 🩳

#154220 Reply
    ajn

πŸ•ΆπŸ©³πŸ©±πŸ‘™πŸ©΄πŸ‘’πŸΊπŸ§’πŸŒžπŸ“πŸ»πŸ‰πŸ”πŸ₯©πŸ§πŸ¦πŸΊπŸ»πŸŽΌβ›±πŸ₯΅πŸΊπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

#154223 Reply
    Georgie

What’s happening?Β  What’s going on?Β  Can it be?Β  Why . . .Β  yes!Β  I do believe Summer is ambling down the road towards us.Β  We even opened the widows today.

#154316 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Another lovely day. Temperature hit 24C in the garden. Bright, clear, gentle breeze. Perfect summer’s day. Thank you, weather Gods. Lawn is absolutely gagging for the attention of the Brunel mower. Dunno if I can still push the beast though. 😎

#154318 Reply
    Georgie

Actually have the patio doors open this afternoon.Β  Even more amazingly – I have dispensed with my hot water bottle for the last 3 nights.

Noticed this morning that a couple of pigeons are nesting in our cherry tree.Β  While I was making 1st coffee of the day I watched them drop from the tree, pick up a twig, fly to the fence, turn 180, fly back up into the tree, faff around amongst the ivy for a minute, repeat for c.10 minutes.Β  I do so hope they manage to avoid the sparrowhawk.

#154328 Reply
    joss

Yes indeed it’s a lovely day. Temps around 23 c.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154388 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Another fab day. Weather Gods smiling upon us. Sunny, moderate breeze, temperature was 25C around lunchtime. Some lawn was trimmed, some pots were filled with stuff, and much further stuff watered. Hoping for more…

#154413 Reply
    joss

It’s all good Tharg. Loving this weather πŸ‘

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154422 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

More or less the same today. The “less” being a thundery downpour just after lunch. Sunny morning perfect for test drive in T-ROC convertible. (tested for ride, not roof!). Brilliant car. Looks wrong in photos, but is fab as soon as you drive off. Feels like a really fun-to-drive Golfette. Wish it was on scheme. Would have it in a moment!

#154427 Reply
    joss

I love the T-Rock adverts. They made me smile. I also like the car as well,

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,451 through 1,475 (of 1,813 total)
Reply To: Reply #145700 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: