Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• This topic has 3,332 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tharg
      Participant

Hi all. After tipping it down all night, it dried up when the Beeb’s Owain the Well-Dressed said it would. Been brightening up slightly as the day went on. Warmer too. Said to be nudging 20C tomorrow. Living in hope… ๐ŸŒž

Participant

Gorgeous warm and sunny Iโ€™m on patio in underpants

Tharg
          Participant

Failing to nudge 20C, more like 13/14C. Ho humm…ย  grey, no rain, yet. Might be dry enough to trim lawn (fully clothed!) ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿปโ€๐ŸŒพ

Georgie

Lightly overcast with occasional showers.ย  Cool, but not too breezy.

Spent the weekend (well, parts of) doing Guitar Lesson #2: the E chord, strumming, and the Theme from Peter Gunn.ย  Lots of new things to practice.

If I’m lucky the green guitar I ordered will arrive at the warehouse today.ย  I give it 50/50 at best.ย  If it isn’t going to arrive for another 3 months (the current estimate for new Orders) then I’ll cancel and just get one of the black ones that are still in stock, before they’re sold out as well.ย  Not as pretty and no Humbucker, but it will do the job (learning to play) until I’m good enough for a ‘decent’ guitar.ย  ย And then . . .

๐Ÿ˜€

Tharg
              Participant

Being further west must be a Bad Thing today. Here in the east it’s bright, sunny and warm. Windows open to cool the house! Glad your Rock-Chick project is coming along, even if waiting for the instrument seems worse than expecting a new Motability car in a chip shortage! ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿ˜Š

joss

Today it has mostly being raining.

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Georgie

Bright start with some Sunshine, but now clouding over with a chance of light rain at some point.ย  If the temperature does eventually manage to crawl its way up to 15c I may even be inclined to open the windows for an hour. ๐Ÿ™‚

I still recon it’s 50:50 on the guitar.ย  The email we received a couple of weeks ago said the delivery date was c. 10th May and that we would be contacted if that were to change.ย  So far no update, but the website is also still saying 3+ month wait.ย  As I said before, I might have to settle for a black one, but “in a a hundred years, who’s gonna care” – right?

joss

It’s a bit of a mixture this morning. Bright-ish then dull. Feels quite warm due to there being no wind. Forecast more rain for later.

Joss

Anonymous

Grey, raining & a little cold. Makes me sleepy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tharg
                        Participant

Sunny, off-and-on. No rain. Warm(-ish) – car said 14C, felt warmer. Still able to get stuff done in garden.

Georgie

Warmish, dry and sunny here at the moment.ย  We’re just waiting for ‘the men’ to come and cut down some trees that are growing along the side of the drive, so I can’t settle down to do anything at the moment.

I played my first official tune yesterday afternoon – the appropriately titled For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield.ย  Really just chord changes on the first beat of the bars, plus a (slow) quick change in the chorus, but it’s something.

mitch
                            Participant

well soaked the last couple of days everything is well soggy. loads thunder and lightening last night very spectacular. just dull today so far no wet stuff.

Tharg
                              Participant

Brightened up nicely, thank you. Warm, sunny, jolly cheery. Trying to do potting stuff in garden; tricky because I only really trust myself to cut grass. Need the expert’s opinion on a lot of other technical stuff and, sadly, she’s confined to bed with seized back/hip. Feeding her as much as possible and just got the OK to up the rate of oxycodone so she can move, a bit, with less pain. Ah, the wonders of senior years! ๐Ÿ’Š

Nice work on the chord changes, Georgie. When you feel good enough perhaps we should try to get a keyboard player and put together a three-piece Zoom blues band. Georgie and the Unabled? Or (No) Flash Motors.

joss

Rain falls mainly above my house… Spectacular lightening show last night. Sheet lightening that illuminated the dark, heavy rain night sky.

To day a mixed bag with sessions of heavy rain.

Joss

Tharg
                                  Participant

Raining off and on all night. This morning started with aggressive drizzle which has now gone to bother someone else. Colder than last few days; had to go up a layer in clothes to compensate. Looks like the “sunny with showers” pattern is set in for next few days. Glad I did the lawn yesterday, then. โ˜”

Georgie

Sunshine and showers this morning and set to stay for the next few days, though I have booked a dry spell for lunchtime tomorrow because I’ve got a dental appointment. ๐Ÿ™‚

mitch
                                      Participant

bleak,cold dull and wet.

its like autumn.

knees are complaining like hell, no amount of pills is touching it so i am off to warm up under a duvet.

joss

I feel you pain mitch as my knees are also complaining like hell. Damp cold is the enemy.

Joss

Tharg
                                          Participant

Complete mixture of weather stuff here. Sun. Showers. Thunder+lightning last night. Some showers really heavy. I know that if I even LOOK at the mower the heavens will open. So, an afternoon of cooking (pot roast brisket) and telly (Rome tennis tournament).

Georgie

Coo!ย  Thunder . . .

Tharg
                                              Participant

What? Now? Goody… with this firm westerly wind should be with us soon. ๐ŸŒฉ (that’s meant to be thundercloud? Hmmm)

mitch
                                                Participant

wish it would make its mind up 2 hrs bright sunshine then 2 hrs persisting down, now a bit of both.

you cant plan anything, guarentee this afternoon as soon as i get the chair and the spade out the heavens will open again. been like this for 2 weeks at this rate it will be xmas 2022 before the garden is done.

Tharg
                                                  Participant

The Georgie thunderstorm is still trying to get us. Was perfectly on time. A few thumbles of runder but away to the north a bit – over the Downs. Hope we get a bit after nightfall. Do like a bit of lightning! Serves to remind us just how insignificant we really are!

mitch
                                                    Participant

i do love watching lightening as you say it makes you think.

on holiday in the usa once we were stood on the rim of the grand canyon and all the way accross the other side 20 or 30 miles away there was the most amazing display of sheet lightening and then individual bolts off down into the canyon. you could hear and feel it as it bounced from wall to wall. absolutely stunning.

where we were stood it was bright sunshine 30 odd degrees blue sky. yet accross the way ive never seen such black clouds.

Georgie

It is my favourite kind of weather, really.ย  They make me feel energised – not unlike Frankenstein’s Monster. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mind you, the most scared I ever was as a child was cycling to Jericho from Eynsham Lock, trying to beat a storm heading down the Thames.ย  I could see it coming from miles away as there’s a wide, flat field east of Farmoor Reservoir.ย  I was peddling like a Fury thinking “I’ll lie in a ditch.ย  I’ll lie in a ditch. If I have to I’ll lie in a ditch.”

Viewing 25 replies - 1,401 through 1,425 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.