Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,562 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147139 Reply
    Georgie

She’s got no rhythm . . .

And she’s gonna make you cry with her din . . . 

She’s got no rhythm . . .

#147150 Reply
    joss

@Georgie  you ok lol are you sing or play guitar or both…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147164 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Umm. Do I take it that a gel’s instrument has arrived? 🎸😎

#147262 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bit of everything today; sunshine, clear, clouds and some V heavy rain. Grass loves it. So do birds, it seems… goldfinches tweeting about everywhere at the moment. PLUS, we have had Mr and Mrs Blackcap punting around for a couple of days now. Hope they might nest in garden – be good to have a summer visitor as well as all the residents.

#147279 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well forcast was right lol. here comes the rain…..

#147282 Reply
    Georgie

Cool, wet and windy again.  Grass is growing like a mad thing and the chicks that fledged during the warm spell now seem to be saying “You what, John!  What’s all this?”

No guitar, yet.  Hopefully it will turn up around the 12th – ish.  I’m currently trying to extend the length of time I can sit up and play without a break from 4 x 5 minutes to 2 x 10 minutes.  I’ve got to the stage where things finally start to sound decent after 4 minutes, but then I have to stop for a couple of hours to rest my back.  Still, there’s no Timetable, so . . .

#147402 Reply
    Georgie

What has happened to May?  I thought we were all supposed to be down on’t Village Green, downing cider and listening to the Village Band while children dance around the May Pole, ladies from the W.I. provide dainty sandwiches and endless slices of wonderful cakes, and men get down to their vests for Tug-of-War.

#147404 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s all been cancelled, along with Spring and Summer, we have moved straight to Autumn.

Georgie, was it you who was listening to the great singer Rumer? Have a listen to the new Birdy album. It’s an absolute treat and fits the present landscape we find ourselves staring at.

#147410 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Quite sunny now. Improving. Car thermo’ says 10.5C but I think it is German and pessimistic. No matter how much it improves, I ain’t getting down to me vest. Vest? In public? Nah… that’s as bad as socks and sandals.

Come to think of it, I don’t even own a vest…

#147420 Reply
    Georgie

You might well be right, wmcforum.  It is currently hailing really heavily, with lightening and thunder.  Snow next, I expect. 🙂

She’s new to me, but I’ll see if I can take a listen to Birdy.  There’s bound to be something on You Tube.

Don’t dis da vest, Tharg.  The way the weather’s going (and the fuel bills) vests and long-johns will be a necessity, along with wellies.

#147431 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Heavens opened just now. Thunder as well ⛈  . Won’t dis da vest… just wear a T-shirt under stuff or, wait, can we still get those open weave “string” vests. Called “wife-beaters” I believe.

#147494 Reply
    Georgie

Nah.  Wife-beaters were those white sleeveless vests with the narrow shoulders:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/25/opinion/are-we-really-still-calling-this-shirt-a-wife-beater.html

I could never see the point of string vests.   They’re not warm, they don’t cover the skin under a  thin shirt, they don’t absorb sweat . . .     ???String vests???

Stella Artois reduced it alcohol content from 5.2% to 4% after it started being called ‘Wife-beater’.  I can assure you I never beat up anyone after drinking a pint of 5.2% Stella.

Remember Carlsberg Special Brew?  9% alcohol content.  I really loved that stuff.  I used to sip it from a glass goblet.

#147495 Reply
    joss

Looking like a nice day here, still a bit cool though.

Have never been a vest fan. Though when I was a coal miner, we had vest and under pants as part of our work wear. We often only worked in our undies due to water and the heat.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147507 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bit warmer, more sun and less chance of rain. Just right for gardening which we ain’t going to be able to do… Mrs T has a malfunction of back/hip caused by Ehlers Danlos and is taking too many Oxycodone (SP?) to think straight or move properly. My ropinirole drugs stopped working so I’m pretty knackered. Ho hum…

Yes, I have heard of the infamous Special Brew. Think I may have had some once, although the memory is a blur. But sipping from a crystal goblet? How chic can you get? Bet you shovelled in the pork scratchings with pure silver “scratching tongs” too… 🍺

#147509 Reply
    Georgie

Ahh . . . Pork Scratchings.  I used to have those for breakfast when I did the Atkins Diet.  No tongs, though.  I do eat Wotsits out of a bowl using a cocktail stick, however.  It keeps all the flaky orange crumbs off the fingers.

So – I had an unexpected trip down to the Portsmouth to Hayling Ferry again this morning.  (We need to lose a row of conifers that are growing along the side of the drive and DH wanted the car off the drive so the Tree Surgeon could get at them.)   Lots of black-headed gulls being protective of their chicks vs. Lots of herring gulls doing similar with theirs along a 50ft stretch of pebbles.  Surprisingly peaceful except for when a fledgling of one kind strays into the airspace of the other kind, when they get chased off.  No mobbed, just ‘encouraged to leave’.

#147510 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I recall drinking Special Brew as a very efficient way to get alcoholised on a short lunch break…

#147516 Reply
    Georgie

I always found CSB too sweet to just pour down my throat – thus the sipping it from a glass goblet.  I doubt the glass held more than 1/3 of a pint. 🙂

I gotfor to mention – I was overtaken twice by a dark grey Aston Martin Vantage roadster on the way back from Portsmouth.  (I’ve just spent the last 10 minutes on the inter-webs making sure of what it was.)  Pretty car.

#147521 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Have to agree, Georgie. Never seen one in the metal but it really is a very pretty car; a departure from the chunky, mega-macho, vented scoopy things which dominate the hypercar market. If you want to lose an hour of your life, go to the Aston site and configure the Vantage. Choices are utterly absurd – five colours for brake calipers and a host of other ridiculous stuff. Bet it makes a very attractive sound when asked to be prompt!

#147550 Reply
    Georgie

Tick – V.G. on the weather this morning – dry, bright and sunny with a gentle breeze.  This will not last, of course.  Forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain and high winds again.  Still, they’re usually wrong, so fingers crossed . . .

I spend many happy hours configuring cars, Tharg.  It’s the colours.  I like shiny things. 🙂  The 2020 Lamborghini Sian colour choices (custom colours) make me drool.  The Sian is not quite the maddest hare in the meadow, though.  I hand that award to the Sian Roadster.

#147556 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather same as you, Georgie. The Sian is certainly one of the most bonkers motors ever seen. With over 800bhp its 0-60 is under 3secs. Totally ridiculous. Looks like a pack of cards which has exploded. Anyway, glad it is not just me who does the “configure your own” thing. Feel I should put on an anorak when doing it!

#147557 Reply
    Georgie

I just started my guitar practice and Argh!  It’s disgusting.  The strings are snagging on the callouses.  Now I have to emery board my fingertips as well as my fingernails!

#147561 Reply
    joss

It’s a bit over cast here today, also a bit nippy as well.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147631 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

persisting down all day and quite chilly.

had 2nd jab today so not planning on doing much anyway.

#147641 Reply
    joss

Very much the same here mitch. Pishing it down from very early hours with out stopping. It is still pouring down now.

Sore arm mitch?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147649 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

not yet, last time i was ok on the day of the jab it was the following morning i woke with a sore arm, but thats all and only for 24/48hrs.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,376 through 1,400 (of 1,562 total)
Reply To: Reply #86795 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: