Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,326 through 1,350 (of 1,835 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145443 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Frosty start. Now bright, clear and sunny with “promise” of showers later. Falcon-cam stuff is brilliant. Currently tucking into a late breakfast; pigeon-puree I would guess?

#145458 Reply
    joss

Morning all. What a lovely day it is here. No wind no frost, it’s dry, but not as cold as yesterday. Car says 10+. Been out for a little drive around, it’s just so nice.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#145463 Reply
    ajn

Yeah great day🌞🌞, These falcon cams are great, also one in Salisbury Cathedral, I can watch the cam on my phone as I use it.

Perfect timing Georgie, Salisbury can 4 eggs

#145465 Reply
    ajn

Perfect day for pidgeons

#145504 Reply
    Georgie

I confess, I do love a good Gothic cathedral.  It’s nice to see them being used for more than Tourism.  There are peregrines at Winchester, too.  It seems to be de rigueur . . .

I’m very fond of the one in Winchester – even as an atheist I find it emotionally ‘comfortable’, like wearing a favourite pair of scruffy old shoes.  Canterbury and Salisbury are both impressive, but you can’t potter around them like you can at Winchester.

#145549 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

So agree about cathedrals. They seem to cast a mist of time over reality. Not at all Christian, much more Pagan. You feel centuries stretching away under the stones. Winchester is certainly a good one; visited a few times while on hols in New Forest. Peterborough is fascinating. Not least for its heating. No, don’t mock. Its “radiators” are, if I remember right, monstrous 10 ft across cast iron, freestanding monsters about 6ft tall and in the middle of passageways. Don’t know if they put them on any more.

Southwark cathedral also good. Sung in the place many time (Messiah, Passions etc.). Again, very ancient and even more so being right by the Thames. I’m sure the River Gods approve; reckon they like the music! (Acoustics are tricky, have to leave a second or more at end of big phrase to let the reverb soak up what you’ve just sung. In Dulce Jublio had to be sung very slow or it got lost)

#145638 Reply
    Georgie

Oh, I know what I was going to say . . .   Yes, they have reintroduced Sea Eagles on the Isle of Wight.  13 White-tailed eagles (aka Sea Eagles) were released in 2019 by the Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation.  3 have, sadly, died of various reasons, but 6 remain on the Island while the rest have dispersed.  One of the Sea Eagles spent 17 months doing a Grand Tour of England before returning ‘home’ in February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55996374#:~:text=A%20white%2Dtailed%20eagle%20which,17%2Dmonth%20journey%20across%20England.&text=The%20foundation%20has%20so%20far,reintroduce%20them%20to%20southern%20England.

#145641 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wow! They have been busy over there have they not. On a clear day I can clearly see the IoW from the coast here. Have seen a couple of eagles here. At too high an altitude to ID from looks. Assumed they were Golden Eagles en-route s0mewhere. Might have been the Vectis variants, I suppose.

#145700 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Frost here again this morning but sun out lovely now clear blue sky no vintage Kirkwood forecast Friday

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#145702 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear with a promised high of 11C later. Lawn pleading for attention which it may get this afternoon. Just had to order new blade for electric one because I have battered the old one so badly. Didn’t think I could ever hammer it back into the right shape.

#145714 Reply
    joss

A cool but glorious day here up in SY. No frost a nice 11 degrees but feels cold due to a breeze. Lovely jubbly.

Also lawn needs some love. My son while see to that for me.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#145724 Reply
    Georgie

Lovely bright Sunshine, but still only 8c.  To quote ‘Pinch Me’ (Bare Naked Ladies) – It’s colder than it looks outside . . .

Nipped to to visit mum, sister and older brother on Wednesday pm.  Sitting in the garden, drinking coffee from a thermos and admiring their new cat.  I hadn’t seen the first two since early December and haven’t seen brother since last Summer.

#145768 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Temperature actually hit 11C. Pleasant. Cooking crowded out gardening and lawn will have to wait until mañana.

#145777 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

14 c forecast here by young Lear on breakfast lovely sunny day after frost again picnic in Nieces garden 4pm

#145779 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

We are only getting about 12C here but it is bright, clear and feeling warmer than that! Lawn definitely has my name on it for this afternoon. If the sun continues to beat down like this, I may be forced to wear the Panama for the first time this year. 🌞

Still no sign of the swallows, martins etc. Bit late this year.

#145785 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

bit of a frost at 6am but quite bright and sunny now.

if it warms up a bit more i may be able to get out and do some more work on planters.

#145791 Reply
    joss

An other great day here. Sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful day yet again

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#145812 Reply
    Georgie

Best day for quite  a while.  Not a cloud in the sky.

#145834 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Same here. Temperature forecast was well under. Car temp’ gauge was showing 15.5C, way above the forecast 11C-ish. Very nice it was too!

#145974 Reply
    Georgie

Another glorious day.  Squirrel Nutkin has just arrived and is chowing down on his/her 3 breakfast hazelnuts as I type.

The unkillable climbing rose ‘Golden shower’ (stop sniggering, you at the back!) has burst into leaf seemingly over night.  It has only survived this long because it’s growing in a place I can’t reach.  I pruned to death the other two roses years ago.

I’m now trying to ignore the state of the lawn.  I was actually pretty good at mowing – I’d do lines and everything!  Now it just gets an occasional trim when DH feels so inclined.

#145975 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Golden shower that brings back memories gorgeous day here sunny and warm Louise looking so nice and carol on the farm looking radiant

#145980 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, sunny and warming up nicely. Forecast is for 15C but I reckon it’ll pass that with ease. Did lawns yesterday with the Brunel. It’s actually quicker than the electric one; don’t have to fiddle with power leads.   Worried about next door neighbour’s back lawn. Wasn’t able to get to it early enough and it is now 1ft high. Dunno if the electric, which is a small thing, can handle it.

#145985 Reply
    joss

Lovely day…Then I look at you
    And the world’s alright with me
    Just one look at you
    And I know it’s gonna be
    A lovely day
    … lovely day, lovely day, lovely day …

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#146166 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Slight hint of frost overnight. Now bright, clear and warming up nicely, thank you. Have run out of lawns to attend to. May attempt to plant something in window boxes or may just try and do as little as possible. Latter probably best idea as we are getting our second bit of jabbery this a.m. And, as the conspiracy theorists know, the second jab means the giant extra-terrestrial lizard warriors will now be able to see us and who knows what they’ll make us do? Probing? Again? (Maybe something got mixed up with my Colombian coffee beans.)

#146175 Reply
    joss

Well after a rather dull and cold day yesterday (Wednesday) Today is yet an other beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky. Bit of a breeze which makes it feel colder than it actually is.

My son has done the grass cutting, so it looks nice and tidy.

Thargs been at the  “special Columbia white 🥛 powder coffee” again. or those little dried shrooms.🍄🍄🍄

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,326 through 1,350 (of 1,835 total)
Reply To: Reply #144666 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: