Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,276 through 1,300 (of 2,012 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142936 Reply
    Georgie

It is a glorious day today!

#142968 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ooops! Sent reply as msg. Dunno what’ll happen. Nevertheless it is bright, sunny and glorious here too. Bit chilly but who cares when it is this good?

#143344 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Brilliant day here. Bit cloudy to start. The cleared and quite sunny. Breeze a bit cool but warm enough to cut lawn which had dried out nicely. Proper Spring feeling. Keep it up please, weather Gods.

#143371 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather Gods seem to be meeting my requests. Bright, relatively clear and not that cold. Beeb forecast says it’ll maybe rain a bit later. Oh well. Have to make a sacrifice to those Gods – d’reckon Boris on a bonfire would work

#143398 Reply
    joss

Seems we have the same weather as you Tharg, which is nice. I will also make a sacrifice to those Gods – now let me think…Ooooo if your doing Boris, then I will do Carrie his GF. Burn her I mean! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143465 Reply
    Georgie

Spring is sprung,
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the boidies is
    The little boids is on the wing
    (Naa, dat’s obsoid;
    Da little wings is on the boids)

Positively bucolic outside this morning: Starlings building a nest under the roof tiles, blackbirds building a nest in the ivy, squirrel porking out on Sunflower hearts on the bird table . . .

#143468 Reply
    joss

@Georgie

Very good and love the “New York” accent ?

Gray start to the day. Don’t know what the forecast is, so wait and see. Might be a surprise.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143472 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Georgie

Brilliant. What a fun and cheering way to start the day! Here, too, the weather Gods are being most kind. Bird activity same too – little buggers are very busy. House sparrows building in one hedge; wood pigeon trying to persuade mate to go back to nest in stupidly vulnerable tree; robin and wren had to move to different hedge to get away from sparrows. Latter are so noisy, argumentative and do not care how close to people they get. They’ll tweet away at great volume (discussing which twig to use on this bit of nest) while sat just a few feet away.

#143478 Reply
    Georgie

I can’t take credit for ‘Spring is Sprung’ – it’s as old as the Ark!Β  Author unknown.

I was quite surprised to learn how versatile Starlings are vocally: they’re the same family of bird as the Mynah bird (Sturnidae – derived from sturnus, the Latin name for ‘starling’) and mimic the song of other birds, as well as the sound of car alarms, barking dogs, etc.Β  This morning the male was doing a very passable ‘blackbird’ in the cherry tree.

However, I don’t think he’s read the manual regarding nest construction – he keeps trying to use bamboo leaves . . .

#143711 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey windy. Very Mehh! Forecast is for sunny and well warmer – up to 20C! Well, we live in hope…

#143716 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes 73 degrees Tuesday I can’t wait shorts on I love the sunshine will wash car tomorrow for first time nearly 2 weeks old ! I pray that Louise and Carol will be back on bbc breakfast tomorrow I’ve missed them Rachel looked stunning today on bbc breakfast in the burgundy dress and black stockings a beautiful English rose

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#143787 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Pretty nice here. Sunny, clear and would be warm if not for breeze. Forecasting 14C. Doesn’t feel like it nor is it anywhere near the 19/20C give for London. Still, the clocks have changed and it is so much lighter in the evenings. I LOVE BST!

#143790 Reply
    joss

Pretty much the same here too Tharg. The wind makes it feel a little cooler than predicted temps, but it is lovely all the same. As you say the lighter evenings are great.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143875 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same again here. Bright, clear sunny AND warmer. Forecast is for 18-19C. Lighter wind too. Happy bunnies here! Did our lawn yesterday. May be forced to do our neighbour’s one this p.m.

#143891 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Gorgeous here got shorts on just washed car Louise minchin back on breakfast next week she is on annual leave say bbc glad vintage Kirkwood is back

#143920 Reply
    joss

Mike you are obsessed with the weather ladies!

Weather is super nice today up North. Kids out on the green playing in the warm sunshine. It’s school holidays here.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#143924 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Only the bbc ones Joss

#144204 Reply
    Georgie

Nice to have the windows open the last couple of days.Β  Cooler and a bit breezy today, though brightening up a bit after an overcast start.

#144209 Reply
    POPS

Definitely cooler here in beautiful Worcestershire but another dry day has allowed me to walk a few steps around the garden. Every step is a bonus after I was confined to my bedroom a few months ago lol.

#144235 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same here, sort of. Surprised. Said to be much cooler. Which it ain’t. Yet. Wanted to clean/polish my Sahara dust coloured Mini back to BRGΒ  but it is too sunny and warm. Ho hum…

#144477 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Still bright and sunny, once the morning cloud clears. Getting steadily colder though. From the 19C-ish earlier in week we are down to about 13-14C and headed for 9C or less tomorrow.

#144488 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

gorgeous start to the day here in n derbyshire bright sunshine burning off the initial light frost.

just sorting the pills and then i am going to attempt to start building my first planter/raised bed.

if all goes well i may even dig up some grass.

#144551 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well sublime to rediculous, flakes of snow this morning lol. just a few but only in the uk can you have summer style weather one day and then baltic winter the next. bonkers.

#144555 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yeah, Mitch. Perfect Springlike day yesterday. This morning, however, is downright Arctic. Nothing as nasty as snow but VERY cold. Oh, why didn’t we move to Espana when we could!

#144561 Reply
    joss

No snow but it is very windy and cold. Of course the wind chill factor makes it feel even colder. Wrap up well folks.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,276 through 1,300 (of 2,012 total)
Reply To: Reply #144209 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: