Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tharg
      Participant

Bright, clear, not cold. Most pleasing weather. Could get used to this!

brydo

Warm and sunny, love it.

Tharg
          Participant

Bright, relatively clear, quite cold at 7 or 8C. Still an element of spring in the air but, thankfully, all of the Sahara dust in the air seems to have gone. Took quite a while yesterday turning my “Sahara Yellow” Mini back to BRG and black. Anyone else had their motor turned sand colour over the past week?

joss

Bright blue cloudless sky. Chilly 6c out doors. No Sahara dust up north just yet. Just black particles from twat of a neighbour burning rubbish over night.

Joss
              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

4 degrees with the sun just trying to peep through the clouds. Crisp and dry outside, warm and cosy indoors.

Brydo

Overcast, calm and 8*C.

it’s only got up to 6 degrees here in Worcestershire, but above me it is bright blue and there’s a strange yellow globe hanging in the sky. I’ve sat out here for an hour and it is comfortably warm.

Tharg
                    Participant

Light frost to start the day. More cloud than recently but still bright.   Making the most of it because forecast is for wet, windy by mid-week.

Participant

Yes Gales Thursday for my birthday turning wet dry today and tomorrow here young Carol looked gorgeous in red dress

Tharg
                        Participant

Hope it stays a bit cloudy today – need to put some polish on car, having washed off the previous layer when removing the Sahara dust. Ms Minchin also looked charming today – black-and-white chessboard frock. Very pop-art.

Participant

Tharg I prefer Louise in black stockings pantyhose I pray she wears them tomorrow with black skirt and blouse

Georgie

Cold, dry and Sunny first thing – just how I like it.  Inch of ice on the water bowl but the bird bath is frozen solid.

Starlings are trying to nest in the guttering outside the bedroom window.  This will not end well, methinks, so we’ve been trying to shoo them away.

Something dug around in Compost Corner last night – either a fox or a badger, I reckon.  The foxes do like to hoover up any bits of fallen fat ball that the magpie has missed.

Tharg
                              Participant

Yup, Georgie – do discourage the starlings. Noisy little sods! Our robin is nest-building again; apparently in forsythia outside conservatory. Prefer this to their squatting in the shed – had to give them the use of it last year and store all garden tools elsewhere.

Participant

Tharg a relative has given me a robin nest box with an open front how high off the ground is best to position it in my bungalow ? Is 3 feet above my bushes too low or best on bungalow wall out of direct sun which I get my patio and garden is south facing any advice most welcome thankyou

joss

Rain and more rain 5c ‘orrible day and I feel just as ‘orrible myself…

Joss

Tharg
                                    Participant

Bit tricky with the robin nest box, Mike. In my garden  they tend to build about 5ft above ground and hidden away inside something – shrub or shed. They are known to be most opportunistic nesters. One driver had to stop using his car because they chosen the front wing to build in! So, and this is a far-from-expert opinion, I reckon between 4ft to 6ft above ground and sheltered if poss.

Georgie

More Sunshine this morning.

DH received his Covid vaccination letter yesterday and now I’m waiting for my car to defrost so I can go over to Midhurst and case out the vaccination centre regarding on-site parking, back-up parking, patient queuing system (e.g. waiting in car to be summoned or standing around outside) – the kind of important information that you can’t glean from Google Maps or by checking their website.  Best of all, it means a drive along the good old A272.

Of course, once DH gets done it means that I am the ONLY member of my family that HASN’T been vaccinated.  Mum, older sister, older brother, younger brother (and his wife) and DH all vaccinated.  Me?  Nowt.  Go figure.

\_o_/

Tharg
                                        Participant

Bright sunny clear. Warm even! Pity it is about to change.

Sorry to hear you are a jab-free zone, @Georgie. That’s the trouble with being a bright young thing!

At least you’ve got an excuse to do the A272 outing. Dead envious. If you see a BRG Mini whizzing along with madly grinning crumbly at wheel, then I might have decided to break lockdown rules! 🚗’😊

joss

It’s sunshine intermittently here, but bone dry. @Georgie Mrs Joss is 63 and has only been offered a 100 mile round trip to York for her jab. She is having non of it while there is a jab centre less than a mile from home!

Joss

Brydo

Mrs Brydo is to get her jab next week as has my brother. So only my youngest sister to go for a clean sweep.

Georgie

Well.  As my London friend says – If you want the bus to turn up, light a cigarette.

Got a ‘phone call from the GP about an hour ago offering me a Vaccination appointment on Thursday at the local Surgery.  🙂

T’was a nice drive to Midhurst, Tharg.  Didn’t spot any manic Minis careening around, but then I was probably too busy trying to avoid all the Waitrose-bag laden  jay-walkers strolling blithely across the road 5 – 20ft either side of the (clearly redundant) Zebra Crossing.  And I thought Farnham was bad . . .

Warm enough to sit out in the sunshine today. Lovely.

Brydo
                                                  Participant

Guys looks like some very unpleasant weather heading you way down south. High winds and heavy rain forecast for Thursday.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                                    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Tharg
                                                    Participant

Yup, Brydo. Forecast looks pretty dire for the south. Fairly windy this morning. No rain yet but there will be. And still cold. Most unfair! ☔😒

Georgie

At least yesterday’s prediction for sleet tomorrow has been downgraded to rain. 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1,226 through 1,250 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.