Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 1,557 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140314 Reply
    Georgie

Wet, windy, wet and wet.  With an extra side of wet.  Plus, the neighbour’s fence is down again.

Barely 24 hours after cold snap ended my MS started playing silly beggars – specifically ‘burning hands’ and ‘burning feet’.  Luckily I have low dose Amitriptyline knocking about for when surgical scars start giving me gyp and they pretty much sorted it.  Just very sleepy. 🙂

#140615 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

So sorry to hear you’re having a rough time, Miz G. Hope the amitriptyline delivers the goods. Best wishes from me and madam    {{{{😴}}}}

#140620 Reply
    Lou

Dull overcast and very very windy here too! Also had sleepless & very painful nights with meds not making much of a difference…my major surgery cannot come quicker!

#140629 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dry but threateningly damp. Quite warm, about 8C or 9C, but well windy. Lou – hope you get the surgery soonest and that it improves your life. Best wishes from us…

#140730 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, sunny and delightfully warm. Guess about14-15C or more. V Springlike. V Happy. Car may get light spring-clean. If vertebrae allow.

Georgie, Lou. Do so hope you are all feeling better or, at least, not worse. Hope this weather might lift spirits!

#140739 Reply
    joss

Very gray here but nice and dry. I hope it stays dry for Monday as I have booked car valeters  coming in the morning.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140935 Reply
    Georgie

Lovely day yesterday.  Really, really wanted to go for a drive, but no . . .

Spotted a fine-looking young goldfinch in the cherry tree while I was changing the water in the bird bath this morning.  Squirrel Einstein has also, finally, mastered lifting the lid of the hazelnut feeder!

#140949 Reply
    joss

Yes it was okay up here in South Yorkshire, Yay Einstein, finally hahahaha. I actually went for a drive yesterday. Nice steady 60 miles round trip on the motor way. It has been a while since Fiona has been for a run out. Especially as I treated her to a valet on Tuesday. She love that.

Weather today is dull and overcast, no rain as yet

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140961 Reply
    Georgie

I hope to go for a quick blast along the A31 Farnham to Alton and back at some point soon, if only to give the battery a charge.

Strange how all the fit and healthy people are allowed to go for a walk/jog/run/cycle to improve their ‘mental health’ but those of us who are mostly stuck at home even during ‘normal’ times are not allowed out in our cars to improve our ‘mental health’ without risk of a hefty fine!

#140970 Reply
    joss

Georgie that is a good point that you raise. We are not harming anyone by going for a drive in our cars. We are not getting out so no risk to anyone. Also all these short trips have an impact on car battery and the exhaust system. So a good run is need at motorway speeds to charge battery and blow the crap out the exhaust. It’s also essential for us to escape our prison cells, how ever nice they are.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141035 Reply
    Georgie

Bit damp and grey this morning, but expected to improve this afternoon.  Sunny weather booked for Friday and Saturday, though, so looking forward to that.

Vivid green bird poo on the grass and in the water bowl this morning.  Never seen the like!  No idea what did it.  Far too bright and not enough of it for a goose or swan, plus the bowl’s only about 8″ across.  Curiouser and curiouser . . .

#141038 Reply
    joss

Beautiful start to the day here. Sun is out, blue sky and 9.5 c Loving it.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141144 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear and going to be relatively warm too. May be forced to give lawn first haircut. Bird life picking up. Spotted woodpecker was doing the hammer-drill thing this morning. Sparrows have colonised one of our hedges and make a hell of a racket, shouting at each other all day. Some geese seen down by sea, filling up with fuel before heading off back north. And a medium sized flock of small waders (knot?) munching away by the beach.

#141145 Reply
    Julien Ryan

Sun sun sun

#141146 Reply
    Georgie

Beautiful morning.  Tried to have a 30 minute lie in but no such luck – woken by pigeons thumping and flapping on the roof above the bedroom window – took this as a couple of heavy, corn-fed hints that certain birds want their brekkie and I’m running late!

Birds fed.  Skim of ice removed from birdbath and water bowl.  Magpie and squirrel both sneakily waited for the blinds to be closed while I did (what are laughingly called) my exercises before raiding the nut collection.  Rotters!

#141194 Reply
    Brydo

Beautiful, spring has arrived?

#141214 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Certainly feels like it, Brydo. Grass got first cut of the season. Didn’t fall over (has been known), didn’t break anything (also), mower still works. More spring stuff like this, please, weather gods!

#141219 Reply
    brydo

A week or so of dry weather before I can give the moss a cut, saturated.

#141231 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Turns jolly cold of an evening, though. A small bijou-frostette by morning would not surprise.

#141261 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, it must be the move to Sussex which gives me weather forecasting skills – got the frost first thing. Now gone in the bright and warming sunshine. Clear skies. Looks like another springlike day.

Anyone see the new weather chap on Beeb Breakfast? Owain something or other – why are most of the weather chaps Welsh? Did like his suit. Beautifully made to measure and almost Cardin in style. If available in a decent colour would be well tempted.

#141273 Reply
    joss

Almost the same here Tharg 🎇🎇🎇 Yes Owane Evans is often on our local radio and of course the beeb

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141274 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Almost the same here Tharg 🎇🎇🎇 Yes Owane Evans is often on our local radio and of course the beeb

.  Carol Kirkwood award winning weather lady simply the best

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#141351 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same again today. A bit murky to start then ever brighter. Now clear and cloud free. Springlike warm. Making most of it because forecast is for temperatures to drop more than a bit by end of the week. Should by okay for moss-cutting though, Brydo: no rain forecast virtually anywhere until a bit in the south on Friday. You’ll have had the dry week you wanted, time to get the moss scissors out!

#141356 Reply
    Lou

Thankyou for your kind wishes, the weather here has been lovely the past couple of days 🙂 really quite sunny although still chilly, have not been out in it tho.

#141366 Reply
    joss

Morning weather watcher.

Woke up to thick fog this morning, and a frost to boot.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 1,557 total)
Reply To: Reply #140739 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: