Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 1,535 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #139644 Reply
    joss

@Brydo Thank you.

It’s a – 2.3C according to Fiona aka BMW.. Clear skies and the sun is out, not that you would think so with the temps. Still the roads are dry which is a nice thing. Fiona is in desperate need of snow bath.

Oh and I met this rather brazen Frostitute  on the way to Morrisons.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by joss. Reason: added image

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139649 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

We have handrails on the wheelchair ramp in the back garden, see what the freezing temperatures have done to the caps….

#139651 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Love the frostitute, Joss. Beryl Cook would be proud…

#139652 Reply
    joss

@Tharg oh I have a collection of Beryl Cook on one of my drives

@UncleBob
    Just like getting up to frozen milk bottles where the milk has frozen and the cream has lifted 2 inches. The tit’s used to love that.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by joss. Reason: added text

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139657 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I read it was -23 in Aberdeen the other night

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#139660 Reply
    Brydo

Not a cloud in the sky but freezing out.

Budgie smugglers on this Sunday, a tropical 9°C.

#139667 Reply
    Brydo

Have a max-min thermometer in the conservatory +4 min 22 max. Really surprised about the min as it’s been down to -8 here just shows that even a poorly insulated glass conservatory gives a modicum of protection against freezing temperatures.

#139678 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@joss a legion of Beryl Cooks adorns a wall in our living room. All prints of course, but one IS signed!

#139680 Reply
    joss

@Tharg  nice one. Especially the signed one.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139744 Reply
    Georgie

Ice was 2 inches think on the water bowl this morning.  A new record.  No moisture = no frost again.

Still, the weather forecast indicates today is the last day of this cold snap in the south, with warmer, wetter weather to come from tomorrow.  But more snow is predicted for the north and Scotland, I’m afraid.

#139746 Reply
    Georgie

On the other hand it’s currently -31c in Yellowknife.

Has anybody else watched ‘Ice Pilots’?

#139752 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’m quite enjoying this very cold dry weather – the central heating takes a hit, but it’s easy to keep warm out and about.  Having said that Bournemouth is forecast some light snow later and then the rain…

#139759 Reply
    Georgie

I like it too, especially the snow.  For some reason my back stops hurting when it’s cold and dry.

#139771 Reply
    Brydo

Snow has just started, hope its only a flurry.

#139772 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Clear, bright and sunny. Temperature reading 1C but feels like -2 or -3C in nasty wind. Forecast to soar to +5C tomorrow, thence to 11 or 12 by midweek. Must press the shorts and T-shirts, dig out the Panama… 😎

#139774 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Dry air overnight-4 no frost
    Started snowing about an hour ago not too heavy though but the wind is blowing it around

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#139785 Reply
    joss

Hi weather people. Bitterly cold out of doors -2C but feels like -5. on the other hand it’s bone dry with cloudless sky’s both day and night.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139821 Reply
    Mike11

Warmer here today no frost last night says nice day Monday 14 degrees will go for walk at country park

#139823 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Still jolly cold earlier. Gradually getting less cold. Around 10C forecast for Monday. Living in hope.

Used to watch Ice Pilots, Georgie. Quite some time ago; series 1 or 2, I think. Fascinating to see the particular challenges of keeping 80-year-old aeroplanes working AND in a very unforgiving environment. Don’t know if they are still working, though. A quick googling revealed the C-46 and C-47 suffered very bad landings (wheels-up?) and got more than a bit dented. Repairable, of course, but whether the Canuk authorities would let them fly again..?

Aviation safety authorities can be very sniffy about old aeroplanes: our own CAA refused to let a vintage DC3/C-47 carry passengers because it could not be fitted with an escape slide/chute for emergency use. The operators pointed out that one does not need such a device with a Dak because the doors are at ground level. You just step out. CAA not interested. Still no pax allowed.

#139959 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

mild. 13c

#139960 Reply
    Brydo

10°C here and all the snow has gone, yes.

#139967 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dryer, warmer, happier.

#139999 Reply
    joss

Much warmer thankfully. Dry bright.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140261 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet (constant assertive drizzle) but still warmer, thank you, weather gods. (Little bit more of the dry stuff would be nice, please.)

#140264 Reply
    joss

It was raining last night and into this morning. Stopped at 09:00am. Bit blustery and the sun is trying to break through the clouds. 9 deg C

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 1,535 total)
Reply To: Reply #140620 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: