Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 2,005 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #139277 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

2 cm of snow here bitter cold wind

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#139279 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Light dusting of snow. Quite low temperature made worse by wind. Roads are slippery but passable. Not going anywhere, thank you. Tharg’s rule of driving in snow: There WILL be a badly driven SUV out there that wants to eat Minis!

#139291 Reply
    Georgie

Strategically placed the birdseed under the bushes and bamboo this morning to keep it snow-free and what happens?Β  Barely a sprinkle.Β  Pitiful.Β  In fact, I think the salt DH put down on the drive last night is deeper that the snow.Β  Still, the squirrel found something to eat during his morning rounds – seed, that is, not salt.

Still, what little there is in the road seems a bit slippy, going by the sound of the cars first thing, so Aye, best to stay in if we can. πŸ™‚

#139324 Reply
    joss

The beemer I can report works very well in the snow. Has been snowing most of the day here. Its what I call powder snow. it does not settle like wet snow.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139328 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Pleased to hear it, Joss. Did you use any of the twiddly setting things like traction control etc? Or just do it properly and go v e r yΒ  s l o w with everything?

#139330 Reply
    joss

I tried both. By default, Traction control is turned on. It helps stops wheel spin when setting off with heavy right foot pressure. It also work well in snow ans slippery surfaces. That is under ECO Mode. However when you move up to ECO Pro use caution. In sports mode, erm just don’t use in snow.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139332 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

OK. Cheers, Joss. Have not tried the Tart in proper snow yet. All sources seem to say similar to you. Leave it in ECO drive mode, for early and soft change-up. Put suspension on so-called soft setting and traction control in “on” setting or next one up which allows a bit of wheel spin. Under no circ’s use full LSD, which is great in the dry but potentially lethal in the wet.

#139342 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Heavy snow with me, temp forecast -3, -5 and -7 over the next three nights.

#139343 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

No Snow, yet. Sin nieve, todavΓ­a!

#139355 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Jolly chilly here. Wind east-north-easterly and nasty. Relatively clear. Some sunshine. Definitely calls for full-scale USAAF bomber crew fur hat. Yup. Looks silly. Nope. Don’t care. Keep head warm and the rest will follow suit.

#139359 Reply
    joss

Snow on and off yesterday and through the night. Car says -2 brrrrrrrrrr. Added rock salt to drive as it’s like an ice rink.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139361 Reply
    Brydo

At least 6 inches of snow, how do I know that, I measured it lol πŸ˜‚

Still snowing just now and forecast to continue for the rest of the day.

A day to stay in and admire the beauty of nature.

#139363 Reply
    Brydo

A guy walks into the doctors with a strawberry πŸ“ on his head ………………… the doctor says β€œI’ve got cream for that” πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ

#139364 Reply
    joss

At least 6 inches of snow, how do I know that, I measured it lol πŸ˜‚ Still snowing just now and forecast to continue for the rest of the day. A day to stay in and admire the beauty of nature.

Pray do tell what you used to measure the depth of snow? was it just one sample or did you use multiple random samples?

I nearly laughed at the strawberry joke πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ₯ΌπŸ”¬

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139367 Reply
    Brydo

I dipped my trusty rod in it, its a piece of wood I use to plant my seeds, and bulbs, at the correct depth in the garden, prey what did you think I used? lol.

#139406 Reply
    Brydo

Still snowing, on and off, looks like I will be in for the next couple of days as snow, even if it stops, will be going nowhere at these temperatures.

#139426 Reply
    joss

I dipped my trusty rod in it, its a piece of wood I use to plant my seeds, and bulbs, at the correct depth in the garden, prey what did you think I used? lol.

Your long skinny finger of your long skinny hand of your long skinny arm. You get the picture by now I hope Brydo.πŸ“πŸ•³πŸ₯ΆπŸ‘‡

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139427 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Still nowt in the south.

#139526 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Really very cold (for us namby-pamby southerners). Guess at around -2c; nothing like the -22c claimed in beautiful Braemar’ No snow either, again, unlike Scotland which is said to have 2-3ft in places.

#139534 Reply
    Brydo

-7 overnight, no more snow, thank goodness but still about 200mm lying.

Forecast is for thaw on Monday, roll on Monday.

Beautiful, very cold -3, sunny day.

Had our heating on 24/7 for a few weeks now.

#139537 Reply
    joss

No snow but it’s cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. -3.5Β  The picture below was taken a mile from my home.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139545 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Great photo Joss.

#139549 Reply
    Martinod

Snow snow snow

#139557 Reply
    Georgie

-7c last night and distinctly brass monkeys feeding the birds this morning, but loads of glorious sunshine.Β  Ice in the water bowl was over an inch think and, for the first time ever, had frozen around the inside of the bowl so that when I tipped it upside-down into the sink it had formed an ‘ice basket’.

Will have to venture out tomorrow to post a letter and pick up a prescription, so plan a quick ‘battery-recharging’ trip up and down the A3 afterward.Β  Don’t plan to stop and will avoid coast and viewpoints, so hopefully won’t get bovvered by no rozzers.

#139642 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

V cold, again. Car thermo says +1.5C. It lies. Turf crunchy underfoot and therefore sub-zero. Bright, bit of high cloud and nasty flesh-stripping wind. More bird activity of late. Spotted woodpeckers were doing the Black& Pecker hammer drill thing on big cherry tree (part of courtship I think). Wood pigeons were actually mating (I mean, c’mon, it is far too early and cold to be at it). Had a big flock of lapwings over yesterday, not seen that for a while.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 2,005 total)
Reply To: Reply #139291 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: